Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with backing up to SyncBack

• 17-03-2009 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

Having installed SyncBack a couple of years ago and setting it to automatically back-up to an external hard drive daily, I never really thought any more about it. I just happened to check the folders on the external hard drive today and lots of data has not been backed-up!

I've checked the source folders which are as follows:

Address book: C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\

My Documents: C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents

Outlook Express: C:\Documents and Settings\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{C65BA51D-3587-4A67-B70A-68F5A36C4367}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

Desktop: C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\

Firefox bookmarks: C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wmo42gk4.default\bookmarkbackups\

If anyone could answer the following questions it would be greatly appreciated:

1) Are the source folders all correct?

2) Outlook Express: all of the icons are Internet Explorer-style DBX files - is this correct?

3) Bookmarks: The most recent ones are JSON files which are not recognised by the computer so they cannot be checked. How can these be viewed? They were formerly HTML.

4) On SyncBack under 'Profile SetUp' > 'Simple' tab, I've opted for the second choice ' Backup the source directories files, including all its sub-directories'. Is this the correct setting ?

5) Finally, any ideas why it hasn't backed-up properly. The 'Result' states it was a 'success'.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

I have found with some backup software that a full manual backup will get things running again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Did you edit out your username? Because it should be "C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents" etc.

The Outlook files are all .dbx yeah and the Firefox bookmarks are .json. You can import them into Firefox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Yorky

NotMe wrote: »
    Did you edit out your username? Because it should be "C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents" etc.

The Outlook files are all .dbx yeah and the Firefox bookmarks are .json. You can import them into Firefox.

Yes, my username is in there but I omitted it for this posting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Hmm did you check the log file? If you right click on the profile and 'view log' it tells you which files were copied and which weren't and if there were any errors copying.

Advertisement