Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken nokia 3120 Classic: what to do?

• 17-03-2009 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, sat on the damed thing the other night and now there is a crack across the screen. Still working but a bit annoying to use as about 30% of the screen is not visible.

I am on a monthly contract with Three and not due an upgrade for a good few months. Will they just fix it under contract?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's not covered under warranty. If you have insurance it's covered.

Otherwise you're gonna have to pay to get it repaired yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Hi guys, sat on the damed thing the other night and now there is a crack across the screen. Still working but a bit annoying to use as about 30% of the screen is not visible.

I am on a monthly contract with Three and not due an upgrade for a good few months. Will they just fix it under contract?

Bring it into a 3store. They will have it repaired in around 4 days1 will cost about 50 and they will give you a loan phone while its been sent off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Cable

Walkman wrote: »
    Bring it into a 3store. They will have it repaired in around 4 days1 will cost about 50 and they will give you a loan phone while its been sent off

For a cracked screen? I've found its usually in excess of 70 for the screens. Be sure they contact you with the estimate before agreeing to pay for it. Cause there's nothing wrong with you getting it privatley repaired for cheaper. Alot of the time a nokia service center or fonemenders will do it cheaper than the networks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Cable wrote: »
    For a cracked screen? I've found its usually in excess of 70 for the screens. Be sure they contact you with the estimate before agreeing to pay for it. Cause there's nothing wrong with you getting it privatley repaired for cheaper. Alot of the time a nokia service center or fonemenders will do it cheaper than the networks

3 use fonemenders for their repairs. The store will receive the quote, they will contact you and you contact fonemenders to pay before the repair goes ahead. The phone is then returned to the store where you pick it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

I'll repair it for €40.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Hi guys thanks for the advice. am resigned to having to spend money on the thing if I want it fixed. The phone is still usable (just a little inconvenient reading texts), so I will just persist with it until I get an upgrade in November.

thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Probably nearly cheaper to get a new phone I have found! I have a 3120 classic as well and if it got damaged I'd probably just suck it up and get a new one, especially if it is prepay, there are some very decent sub €100 phones round atm. At least you'd get a year warranty with it as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

At least you'd get a year warranty with it as well.
    2 year ;)

Advertisement