Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anything I can do?

Options
  • 17-03-2009 10:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24

I dropped out of secondary school two years ago and now im really regretting it. What can I do now? Can I go back to school after two years? Thanks everyone

I know this is in the wrong forum so sorry.

Comments

Moved from College forum.

There are plenty of options open to you - you could return to school where you left off. You could go through your local VEC which runs adult education courses and I'm pretty sure has classes for adults to do their Leaving Cert (though this might vary on the VEC). You could study yourself and just sit the exams in your local school in June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

Your old school may allow you back provided you weren't a trouble maker or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

Do you want to go back and do your leaving cert? If you do, either try your old school or maybe a grind school if you are aiming really high.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Or you could do a one year PLC course and go onto college from there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

Or you could do a one year PLC course and go onto college from there

think you have to do a leaving cert before you can do a plc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

strongr wrote: »
    think you have to do a leaving cert before you can do a plc

No you don't, I co-ordinate the PLC courses in my school. Some of the bigger, more popular PLC providers may require a leaving cert because they're over subscribed but it's not strictly necessary

Advertisement