Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I go for this interview?

Options
  • 17-03-2009 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi,
    I have an interview coming up this week for a really good permanent job in one of Dublins well known hospitals.

I have been preparing all week but yesterday a friend told me that the chances are this job has probably already been given to someone internally and they have to, by law, advertise and interview a certain amount of people.

Does anyone know if this is true?

I have since lost interest in the job, I will probably still go for the interview but know the thought that they are just following protocol will be playing around in my head.

Any advise appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

This is the same as the teacher situation a few years ago (don't know if it has changed), had to advertise the job by law and already had a candidate in place. You could always go for the experience and start acting the prick at the end of interview, had a teacher friend who did this. Not great advice I know, but my friend tells his story to this day. Just hope your buddy is correct and the postion is already filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Do the interview, don't be a smuck. It may seem a great idea at the time, but unless you know for 100% that your mate is telling the truth, do you really want to risk getting a job over it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

the_syco wrote: »
    Do the interview, don't be a smuck. It may seem a great idea at the time, but unless you know for 100% that your mate is telling the truth, do you really want to risk getting a job over it?

Syco is correct, do the interview you have absolutely nothing to lose. There's a lot less hospitals then schools out there and you might have to do another interview there in the future. My buddy's story was funny though as he was just sick of the whole silly procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Hi Danboy - don't go to interview with "the jobs gone" attitude.
    Go to interview and put in a good impression, you'd never know what will come out of it.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

Do the interview, the public sector have to hire candidates based on pre determined criteria. If they are doing it properly internal candidates should receive no advantage over external candidates.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Danboy

cheers, got some new clobber today and polished my shoes, I'm sorted:pac:

Advertisement