Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why is halo 3 famous?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Was at a lan yesterday and we didn't play Halo. We played the Steam games and CoD 4 because quite frankly they are better.

Hmm, what kind of lan were you at exactly?

Halo 3 is excellent, everyone i kn ow plays and loves it. There are better games out there, like COD 4 etc. but the fact that more than one person can play on a console online is the deciding factor for it. We buy new games all the time and always go back to halo because of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

true its the only game 4 the xbox that i can play two player online with me gamertag lol,as for 4 player if they brought there own joypads eh lol xbox live has made it famous plain and simple,and from being introduced to the halo series by a cheap copy of halo 3,i havent looked back and havent really played any other games as reguar as i do play halo even got halo 1 and 2 now over halo 3 now ps halo 1 is for sale anyway i wouldnt like it lol as for halo two,i live in hope of it being remade to high defination or same defination as halo 3 at least sometime.i just love the way you can shoot another apponent with a rocket and if you dont kil him you can see his shadow on the wall from the rocket blast and your reloading your rocket launcker and hes keeping on running and jumping 4 his spree life lol class if he can get around the corner lol and also battle rifle in halo 2 feels more natural than halo 3, just my opoinion on this aswell yeno lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

I don't know why Halo 3 became so famous myself. When I went to ollege, most of the nights were spent hanging around the lads' apartment, drinking some cold ones and playing Halo 2 with some split screen co-op action on the Xbox, and those are some very fond memories for me!

When halo 3 came out, naturally I was gonna invest in a copy for myself, along with a beautiful Elite (Her name is belinda!) and I loved it! I used play co-op with my boyfriend over live, and the team slayer games were excellent. I miss the rocket launcher glitch a bit tho.

I do think that multiplayer on Halo2 was much more fun than on Halo3. Haven't played the first one, so I can't comment. I just read up on the background instead lol!!

My point is, who cares how it got famous. It's a great game, especially with a few friends, a whopper 50inch tv, a pole dancer (Yes yes, we rock, I know ;) ) and a couple of cans. My idea of an awesome night in :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Vinnee

My favourite thing about Halo 3 is Custom games, matchmaking is so bad, you join a game and half the people leave just cause its on a bad map like construct and then your left with a 9 year old and some really rude american guy..other than that its great!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Vinnee wrote: »
    your left with a 9 year old and some really rude american guy..other than that its great!!

Welcome to Xbox live!

• Advertisement

I know what xbox live is like... duh!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Construct is a good map. I wont have anything bad said about it !

Construct is to one-side for my liking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Pure bull, the halo series has an truly excellent background story with rich characters .The games themselves have excellent graphics... amazing soundtracks, simple yet enjoyable gameplay, brilliant multiplayer options and the backing of the console manufacturer.

The master chief (not to mention the rests of the spartan 2 and 3`s) are up their with the all time great video game characters (not my words but gamespy`s but I agree with them). Some people just hate the halo series which is fine if its not your cup of tea but it doesnt mean they are ****e. I think 3 was the best of series followed by the first one then 2. For those people who like the series I would advise reading the halo books as they are amazing.

I lol'd:pac:

Advertisement