Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to visit & stay in Clare/Tipp

Options
  • 17-03-2009 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi,Relative of mine coming over & we planning on travelling around different part of the ROI. But firstly we will do Tipp & Clare (in 2 days the plan is) we're starting out in Bunratty, where should we go on from there or stay etc? All suggestions really appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bobbly

Hi,Relative of mine coming over & we planning on travelling around different part of the ROI. But firstly we will do Tipp & Clare (in 2 days the plan is) we're starting out in Bunratty, where should we go on from there or stay etc? All suggestions really appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

Ok, you've two days to travel in between tipp and clare. IMHO you don't have enough time. SO! I reckon in those two days you stay in clare(no offence tipp). There are so many different sites and places to visit. IMO just driving along the coastline will impress most people visiting the area + there's loads to do on your travels.

I've lived in Limerick all my life and I regard Clare as one of the best places to visit in Ireland and I've been around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

If you are traveling on a budget or just want to experience something different on your trip you could stay at Rigneys Bed and Breakfast in Curraghchase. A working Farmhouse B&B and a rarebreed pig farm. Lots of animals if you have younger people with you.

Good location for traveling round, amazing food and really nice people.

check out www.rigneysfarm.com for more details /pricing.

I would agree that with just two days you need to be picky on where you go and you really should make it to the Burren and along the coast to Doolin / Fanore / Blackhead / Lisdoonvarna

• Registered Users Posts: 18 rowingguy

Tipp deserves 1 day and you can easily do THE ROCK OF CASHEL, CAHIR CASTLE and THE SWISS COTTAGE.

Try Cafe Hand inCashel for lunch; its higly recommended.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Thread last used in 2009.

No need to bump it now! I'm sure the OP got what they were looking for 24 months ago.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement