Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Parade in Carlow = No Mention on News

• 17-03-2009 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

whose penny-pinching ideas were responsible for not having a parade in carlow this year? it looks to the rest of the country as if carlow couldn't afford even the smallest of parades.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

it was on sunday and it wasn't a parade, it was a Street Party, i didn't go down so have no idea was it any good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭nagero

Some photos I took are on Flickr. It was as small as you'd expect if you take out all the business floats. Bands, Schools and Clubs only.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/koregan/sets/72157615259606775/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

I have never been to the parade in Carlow....the OH avoids it since she ended up being on camera on the news one year.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

thanks for the link to the pics nagero.

god it was awfully small wasn't it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

It was small alright and ermm.......yeah, less said the better! :rolleyes:

The only thing that bugged me was that there was no fecking tractors!!! WHAT is a St. Patricks day parade, or a Carlow parade for that matter without the usual convoy of tractors?? :mad::pac: In fact, there was no vechicles at all! God be with the days when the parade was made up of vechicles and companys which put time and effort into making a good display, but, I guess with insurance costs :rolleyes: and all that its not really worth the effort anymore.

To be honest, it wasnt great, it resembled a disorganised bunch of people walking up Tullow street :rolleyes:, the only ones whom had some order to them were the couple of pipe bands. There was no involvement from the RDF this year, whom usually lead the parade and bring a bit of professionality to it.

Carlow parade 3/10

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Jim K

Have to agree with CroppyBoy.
    The parade was very......un St Patricks Day like.
    One would imagine that with all of the business's in Carlow that an effort would have been made especially as we are in a "reccession"
    Nothing like good feelings to help people forget about the hardships and NO attempt was made this year to promote Carlow or just to give people from the county a jolly good old day out.
    For Shame

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hughj

I was drumming with one of the pipe bands,I enjoyed it, at least it wasnt raining :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hughj

nagero wrote: »
    Some photos I took are on Flickr. It was as small as you'd expect if you take out all the business floats. Bands, Schools and Clubs only.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/koregan/sets/72157615259606775/
    Thanks for that :) I didnt manage to get any photos of us on the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭davetherave

Does anyone have any pictures from the Bagnalstown parade? Or any links to.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

I find it funny that smaller areas like Leighlinbridge and BTown can put on a parade but Carlow, as a county / town can not. Surely the smaller parades should be abandoned for a large all in one county parade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

There was a parade, it was just on Sunday and it was small.

Advertisement