Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness in Irish Literature

Options
  • 18-03-2009 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Apart from the obvious "a pint of plain is yer only man" and references to Guinness in Ulysses, is anyone aware of other references in Irish literature to our national drink - the pint of Guinness? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 SneldonBBT

Didnt you hear? Its made out of bog water and chocolate syrup 1:1 ratio xD
    I have nothin of importance or relevant to say :P

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jorg

Lies, I tell ya ... all lies not to mention sacrilege! Bart MacSimp is clearly mistaken.

Wheres all the learned and literary types who roam bords looking to dispense their wisdom to us mere mortals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 SneldonBBT

jorg wrote: »
    Lies, I tell ya ... all lies not to mention sacrilege! Bart MacSimp is clearly mistaken.

Wheres all the learned and literary types who roam bords looking to dispense their wisdom to us mere mortals?
    im not sure maybe they are at a revision session or a new art gallery just opened? haha good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

The Weir by McPherson has one or two I think but it's only because they're drinking at the bar.

Also don't spam with the same thread in different forums, it's not polite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭ArmCandyBaby

It's sure to be mentioned countless times in "The Ginger Man" by JP Donleavy. A classic of the highest order!

• Advertisement
Advertisement