Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC Radio Cymru

Options
  • 18-03-2009 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,072 ✭✭✭✭

Have been getting good reception all St Patrick's Day from Wales on 94.2, may be something to do with the weather. This is indoors in Dundalk with the telescopic aerial on my Eton E1. Never heard it before or anything else from GB even when I did an occasional band scan out on the coast which gave me new ones from Kildare Wicklow etc. A casual tune around doesn't give any others from GB today. It is listed as covering North Wales with 10/21 KW. I have heard Europeans before during periods of hight pressure but this sort of reception doesnt normally last very long in my experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Early morning is best.

Duh.. I meant to break out the 144Mhz SSB after breakfast.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

There's been a lift on the last couple of days alright. Was hearing some repeaters on 2m that I don't normally hear from here, Cork repeater was very strong. Was also hearing port radio stations from Shannon/Bantry, Liverpool, Belfast, Holyhead all very strong. All on a vertical.

Advertisement