Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this Canon 350D a good dealio

• 18-03-2009 1:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi lads and ladettes!

Just wondering what all you experts make of this deal on eBay. Its a EOS Canon 350D

Any suggestions/comments.....

My first DSLR!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭nilhg

No lens included?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Rayne

Nope. But would be willing to buy elsewhere. bad idea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Not a terrible price but I would have thought that model would have gone down more since the 450D, 50D etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Rayne

I wondered that too... But I'm only starting out so don't want to go mad! I probably won't use it to death either. SO thought price looked ok...

But then again, I don't know exactly wha to look for

Cheers for the reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

I wondered that too... But I'm only starting out so don't want to go mad! I probably won't use it to death either. SO thought price looked ok...

Cheers for the reply

Don't forget to add 21.5% VAT on import

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

soccerc wrote: »
    Don't forget to add 21.5% VAT on import
    it's coming from Manchester UK. so import duty isn't due.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

it's coming from Manchester UK. so import duty isn't due.

My bad, I saw that the shop, Global Phoenix Direct is a wholesale/retail company located in New York!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,509 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Cheers for the reply

Now I do not want to reignite the Canon v. Nikon debate but have you considered the Nikon D40? If you're dead set on Canon then ignore this post but you may be interested in the D40 after reading this.....

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/recommended-cameras.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I've seen 400D's go for about that on adverts.Terrible price if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

imho for a 350D that price seems abit high

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

coylemj wrote: »
    Now I do not want to reignite the Canon v. Nikon debate but have you considered the Nikon D40? If you're dead set on Canon then ignore this post but you may be interested in the D40 after reading this.....

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/recommended-cameras.htm

Ken rockwell is an idiot. Dont pay any attention to what hes on about.

The camera companys send him out new gear anything he likes he puts a nikon badge on it, if he dosnt like he puts a canon badge on it and anything he really hates he puts a sony badge on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The 350D is a good camera and was my entry into the DSLR side of things. That said given its 2 Generations ago on the Canon entry level DSLR's that price is high especially as you are not getting a lens.

As the lads say take a look on adverts and see if someone is selling one 2nd hand.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

For a 350d without a lense, thats a crazy price.

I'm sure you could pick up a 1000d with a lense for €400 with the cashback offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

I might be selling my 350D soon.

Advertisement