Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hungry American Ex-Pat in Search of Ingredients

Options
  • 18-03-2009 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Been living here in Dublin for 15 (gasp) years, and some things I miss desperately from my San Francisco days To start, can anyone tell me where to find... Thomas's English Muffins Monterey Jack cheese Hot Italian Sausage Angel Hair pasta real lard for baking cornish game hens Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Abbygfxx wrote: »
    Been living here in Dublin for 15 (gasp) years, and some things I miss desperately from my San Francisco days To start, can anyone tell me where to find... Thomas's English Muffins Monterey Jack cheese Hot Italian Sausage Angel Hair pasta real lard for baking cornish game hens Thanks!

Not familiar with the muffins, sorry.

You'd probably need to get the Jack cheese from a catering company.

The sausage you should get in any Italian deli - try Taste of Italy in Ranelagh. Same goes for the angel hair.

You can get a product called Frytex in with the butter in any supermarket. That's lard, albeit a processed kind. If you want the really real stuff, I'd say your best bet is a butcher or possibly even ask at your favourite restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Monterey Jack can be found in the deli section of the dunnes stores supermarket in the basement of the Stephen's green shopping centre. Down the escalator, the cheeses are about ten metres to the right and the jack's on the right hand side.
    Approximately :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Fallon & Byrne have an American section. Not sure if you could get the muffins. But you'll be able to pick up the angel hair pasta. What type of hot sausage do you want? You could try Little Italy for the pasta & sausage too. A Cornish game hen is a poussin. You can get them in some supermarkets, or ask your butcher.

Advertisement