Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Counting the days to Micky D's

• 18-03-2009 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I cant wait. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Where is it going to be located? I'm just curious because I want to make sure and avoid the place.

Although when the Big Macs are made by fully qualified engineers and architects who can't find a job in the building industry then maybe they'll turn out to be very tasty constructions.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It's where Shiels used to be, don't know the name of the garage there now, by the swimming pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Apparently they had to take down the "Now Hiring" sign because they got over 500 applications...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Apparently they had to take down the "Now Hiring" sign because they got over 500 applications...
    At that most of the applicants were white collar Irish, sales reps, bank staff, architects etc.
    Where is it going to be located? I'm just curious because I want to make sure and avoid the place.

Although when the Big Macs are made by fully qualified engineers and architects who can't find a job in the building industry then maybe they'll turn out to be very tasty constructions.
    You will have to avoid the Gort Road. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭missbaker

When is it opening??? So exciting! :D
    No more Shannon! Whoop!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

9th of April it's opening

We badly need another one at the height, its a long old walk from the Queens. :pac:

We badly need another one at the height, its a long old walk from the Queens. :pac:

We do!! Abra is a kip, enzos ok though. . I miss Toms dogs!! They were yummy!

Ah, Tom, he went too big too fast, when he just had the little stand he was grand but when he went all van on us he's just joined the rest of the corporate world

I think I saw him driving a taxi recently. .know he used to drive yrs ago. Must be at it again. Maybe he's selling hotdogs from the boot of car :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

I cant wait. :)

its mickey d's not one of your harbingers of the apocalypse rtdh?

its mickey d's not one of your harbingers of the apocalypse rtdh?
    They are a discrete hangout, reset your IP address and avail of their free Wifi. :p

Clareman wrote: »
    Ah, Tom, he went too big too fast, when he just had the little stand he was grand but when he went all van on us he's just joined the rest of the corporate world
    Went too big :confused:,

What do you mean, last time I met him he moved up from Thomas the tank to a 90ies whores mouth model Ford Transit and that was about 3 years ago.

Went too big :confused:,

What do you mean, last time I met him he moved up from Thomas the tank to a 90ies whores mouth model Ford Transit and that was about 3 years ago.
    Exactly too big too fast, it was all about the money in the end, not the culinery delights

Exactly too big too fast, it was all about the money in the end, not the culinery delights
    Where dose he operate now? Last I saw of him was at an event just outside of town. (Not himself but his equipment).

Where dose he operate now? Last I saw of him was at an event just outside of town. (Not himself but his equipment).

I heard he got shut down because he had no license. One night someone went up to him and asked what he was serving and he replied, hotdogs chip blah blah, next thing she pulled out forms and what not. . apparently he was trading all them years illegally and some chipper in the towm reported him! Dont know how true any of this is though. .Not sure if he is even in town anymore

I heard that alright, although I heard it was someone who had parked where he used set and Tom left his gas bottles on his boot that reported him

I heard that alright, although I heard it was someone who had parked where he used set and Tom left his gas bottles on his boot that reported him

Could be that too!! Whatever happened Im sure there's some story behind it!! So is he doing anything now I wonder??
    18 days to micky ds!! Yay!!!!!:D:D

Today. :)

After all the years it's finally here, the average Ennis wasteline is about to expand, but I'll be getting my McFlurry and big Mac tonight :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Insulting_Bitch

Awfully excited so ye are!! Consumerism at its very best!! Enzo's will probably have to close...oh ye'll be laughing then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Awfully excited so ye are!! Consumerism at its very best!! Enzo's will probably have to close...oh ye'll be laughing then!
    Not a chance, I doubt the drunks are going to walk to McD's after the Queens!

I wonder if the food will be served as a higher quality to other McDonalds because of the over-qualified staff? Probably not..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Amy33

There's a very atrractive bouncer there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Settle Trish or you could over indulge in the stuff!

We will have to get Fast Danny to give up the Chinaman and work for Micky Ds, :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Anyone notice the smell around McDonalds? We'll i'm boycotting the place regardless, but i'm nearly gonna start avoiding Sheils' now because of the smell...

Loads of fat children, ****ing shocking site layout, the roundabout (which was built without any planning permission) is a hazard as people stop half way through it and go "****, McDonalds! Right, Right!!".

****ing *****. Absolute bastards getting free PR then. They can **** right off, won't be getting a cent out of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

So what is the story with Mickie D's??

What are the staff like? Are you getting free tax advice with your mc nuggets???

I think that was an advertising stunt, what ye reckon??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It certainly was not an advertising ploy. It was sensationalist media coverage.

The bankers, architects, lawyers etc whom applied were actually post graduate who could not get jobs because there were none out there. They were not men and women in their 40/50's out of work.

I spoke to the new franchise holder whilst the equipment was being installed from my company whom confirmed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭hopeful_girl

its here.

its awesome.

mc flurrys =D

• Advertisement
Advertisement