Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Linux on external drive?

• 18-03-2009 6:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to install Linux for PS3 on an external disk (usb HDD, flash drive, mem card)? I'd like to play around with it, but I really want to avoid modifying the boot sector of the internal HDD or anything like that.

If not, does anyone know the "best" live disc linux for PS3? One that's totally laden with features.

I'm not very experienced with Linux, but any info would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Balfa wrote: »
    One that's totally laden with features.
    linux gets feck all access to the ps3's hardware, so its really really slow, i wouldnt bother if i were you its crap, even lower resource distros like ydl6 and ps3ubuntu, avoid like the plague, it just doesnt work, sony need to fix it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Hmm, that's disappointing. All the same, I'd like to give it a spin. Is there a live disc you'd recommend?

Advertisement