Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have Digiweb ever waived the €100 connection fee for Metro?

Options
  • 18-03-2009 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

Sales guy I talked to said it was mandatory .. even if you signed up for 12MB.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

There are plenty of other providers with free connection out there. €100 in these times is taking the wizz imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

just offered to pay the entire 12MB annual sub up front if they waived the setup fee.

No chance.

Their cap is also total traffic down AND up

To buy extra cap you are billed for a quarter up front!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

I'm with Digiweb 2 or 3 years now and at the time they had a deal where, you pay your subscription up front for the year[instead of paying monthly], they waivered the installation fee.
    The only bill I get from them throughout the year is for the phone.

DeadSkin wrote: »
    I'm with Digiweb 2 or 3 years now and at the time they had a deal where, you pay your subscription up front for the year[instead of paying monthly], they waivered the installation fee.
    The only bill I get from them throughout the year is for the phone.

asked.. they no longer do this

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's still quite subsidised. It's a lot more work and gear than eircom line, which while "free install" at the minute is enabled a lot cheaper and can cost over €100 install. Also the eircom line rental (hidden in everyone else's bundle charge) in 4 months is almost the Install charge, before you add DSL or make any calls.

Back in Nov 2005, you could pay year and get free install. I've saved nearly €2,300 since then in eircom line rental and call charges.

• Advertisement

watty wrote: »
    It's still quite subsidised. It's a lot more work and gear than eircom line, which while "free install" at the minute is enabled a lot cheaper and can cost over €100 install. Also the eircom line rental (hidden in everyone else's bundle charge) in 4 months is almost the Install charge, before you add DSL or make any calls.

Back in Nov 2005, you could pay year and get free install. I've saved nearly €2,300 since then in eircom line rental and call charges.

I dont use Eircom and I pay about ~40 / month for 6mbs which includes line rental (don't want to make calls using it) .. pity they won't waive for even 2 years up front!

If you use DSL, even Smart or Magnet, then you are using eircom.

If you use DSL, even Smart or Magnet, then you are using eircom.

eh? .. thats well known .. I don't pay (use?) Eircom so any comparison with their prices is not valid for me or anyone else that pays a reseller.

"reseller" is the notable word.

"reseller" is the notable word.

yes quite .. anyhow .. has anyone managed to convice digiweb to waive their connection fee?

• Advertisement
Advertisement