Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st Gen iPhone owners - will you be buying a new iPhone this Summer?

• 18-03-2009 11:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

After the release of details of the version 3.0 of the operating system yesterday, it seems likely that there will be a new model of iPhone coming out this Summer.

As an owner of a 1st Gen iPhone, I certainly will be upgrading.

Will you?

Will you be buying the new iPhone this Summer? 3 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    100%
    Tom Dunnevinnycoynebluemachaveli 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I certainly won't. I already have MMS through SwirlyMMS - so apple's claims that they can only support MMS through the 3g's harware is complete tripe.

I also won't because Apple recently filed patents for an upcoming iPhone again superseeding the 3g handset but it'll be later than this summer, I'll wait for that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

I was an early adopter - first gen in September 07. Bleeding edge.

While I don't regret buying the first gen iPhone, I will be cautious about upgrading in the near future. For the money I shelled out, I expect waaay more than 2 years of service from a phone.

To get me to part with my hard earned cash, the next gen iPhone better have a vastly improved camera.

I gave my old phone (SE K750i) to my daughter when I bought the iPhone; everytime I see that SE phone, it cracks me up to think of the gulf in quality in terms of the camera, video recorder, flash & flood LED, digital zoom etc.

I'm not bitter.

Advertisement