Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye hopeing for your teams in the draw on friday

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

Daysha wrote: »
    I wonder what odds you'll get on a Chelsea-Liverpool semi final. The 4th in 5 years!

well 5 years ago you would have gotten great odds on these two metting eachother 4 times in the next 5 years. right now you would not get great odds on a chelsea liverpool final as, like a roulette wheel, the draws have no memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

Would like to see Liverpool and Chelsea avoid each, other opposite sides of draw if possible, if only for a bit of variety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

dfx- wrote: »
    As long as there is European representation in the semi-finals, I don't mind.
    For those who want Villareal and Porto, PSV were the desired team in 2005..

I think that's a guarantee :p

As a Liverpool fan, I'd love to meet United in either the QF of SF, with the second leg at home. Was hoping for it last year too, but we got stupid Chelsea :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Dont they draw out the semi's aswell on friday?..Avoid Barca and im a happy camper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

As an Arsenal fan, I hope we draw Chelsea. That'd make it interesting, with the FA Cup game to play against them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

For Arsenal the easiest draw possible please. Like it was said above, players coming back from injury with games under their belt come May and Arsenal could be a decent team again (although Arshavin is cup tied and has easily been the best performer at the club since he made his debut).

Arsenal v Porto
    Villareal v Bayern

Then I don't care what games are on the other side of the draw, just that Arsenal only have to play at most one of United, Pool, Chelsea or Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Barca and Arsenal would be a great tie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Liverpool.

Hope for Man Utd, for the chance of doing them three times in a row.

Want to avoid Barca, and if no Utd, I'd want Mancs Vs Chelsea.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Chelsea fan, love to knockout ManU or Lpool or Arsenal. Not too bothered if we get Barca. Dont mind who we get. If you wana win it you gotta beat the best. Bring em' on imo.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Beau x1 wrote: »
    As an Arsenal fan, I hope we draw Chelsea. That'd make it interesting, with the FA Cup game to play against them too.
    Yeah, will be great to beat yous 3 times b4 the end of the season.revenge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Porto
    Chelsea
    Bayern
    Villareal
    Pool
    Barcelona
    United

In that order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

el rabitos wrote: »
    well, for liverpool i think the tougher the opposition on paper, the better chance we'll have.

if we draw porto or villareal its over for us, dont know why, just a feeling.
    so i'm personally hoping for barca or bayern maybe. i figure bayern will be a bit complacent after scoring so many against sporting.

tbh though, whoever wins the champions league, has to go through at least 1 english team. thats just the way it is. so weather its in the next round or the final, it has to be done.

I would feel prettty much the same. We nearly always do the job when we are underdogs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

el rabitos wrote: »
    tbh though, whoever wins the champions league, has to go through at least 1 english team. thats just the way it is. so weather its in the next round or the final, it has to be done.

Doesn't that depend on the draw on Friday? If all 4 English teams avoided each other and three went out (we can but live in hope), you'd avoid them, no?

I've a feeling Bayern would be easier than the popular Porto or Villareal, so from Liverpool or Barcelona perspective, that's the wish..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

I'm hoping that ManU's first leg is on a Tuesday night so that we play Villa on the Saturday and not the Sunday.

Booked flights and train tickets to see the match on the Saturday and it's the 2nd time I've been stung like that this season. I know they say you should wait until closer to the time before you make travel arrangements but it's absolutely ridiculous that they can't nail down a calendar even though I only booked the flights 3 weeks ago thinking that the calendar had been finalised.

That said, I don't really have a preference as to who we get in the QFs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

I can't be bothered to read all of this thread, but if I were a Liverpool fan I'd prefer to try and take Barca over 2 legs rather than a one off final. I think only Man Utd would be capable of rising above them in Rome, and also maybe my adopted team - Villarreal :)

• Advertisement

any1 tbh although being a Pool fan would rather avoid chelsea just because we keep meeting them in CL !

Barca or united preferably

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

As a Liverpool fan, I'd like to get Villarreal or Porto, argubally the two easiest teams in the draw, as any other sane supporter would hope for.

And as a fan of fotball in general, I'd love for all the English teams to avoid each other in the quarter final, so we can have an all-English semi-final showdown.

Here's how I'd like the draw to turn out:

Villarreal vs. Arsenal
    Porto vs. Liverpool
    Bayern Munich vs. Man United
    Barcelona vs. Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    As a Liverpool fan, I'd like to get Villarreal or Porto, argubally the two easiest teams in the draw, as any other sane supporter would hope for.

And as a fan of fotball in general, I'd love for all the English teams to avoid each other in the quarter final, so we can have an all-English semi-final showdown.

Here's how I'd like the draw to turn out:

Villarreal vs. Arsenal
    Porto vs. Liverpool
    Bayern Munich vs. Man United
    Barcelona vs. Chelsea

As a fan of football in general, I hope that doesn't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The worst possible tie for Liverpool is Villareal imo. I don't think either leg would be watchable either.
    0-0 written all over it.

I'd personally like to see

Man Utd vs Chelsea
    Liverpool vs Barcelona
    Arsenal vs Porto
    Bayern Munich vs Villareal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

liverpool supporter. Funny how lots of pool and man u fans are beating their chests saying they want each other in the draw :D. In all honesty deep down it would be a disaster for both clubs as the night time matches will inevitabley lead to trouble. As a Liverpool fan i would look to play either Porto or Munich as they are the two weakest teams left imo and provide the easiest route into the semi's. Team i'd like to avoid the most are Chelsea. Barca don't scare me that much as our style of play would be to much for them over the two legs. Could'nt care less who anyone else plays. My prediction for winners this year is Chelsea. Hiddink is a fantastic manager.

• Advertisement
Advertisement