Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoorsy stuff in Cork

Options
  • 18-03-2009 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I need to get my hands on a few things and have no idea where to get them in the city:

Compass
    Carabiners
    Decent raingear

I think I should be able to get these all in 1 shop, any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭scaryfairy

hi

have you tried mahers outdoor shop right next to the bus station, on parnell place? this webpage will have the address (and a review):

http://www.loudervoice.com/reviews/925609057

also, there is shop, I believe at the intersection of North Main street/Castle street but don't know the exact location

cheers
    sf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

scaryfairy wrote: »
    hi

have you tried mahers outdoor shop right next to the bus station, on parnell place? this webpage will have the address (and a review):

http://www.loudervoice.com/reviews/925609057

also, there is shop, I believe at the intersection of North Main street/Castle street but don't know the exact location

cheers
    sf

Great Outdoors? If so it's a pretty poor shop, Maher's is great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

scaryfairy wrote: »
    hi

that shop has now moved. Can;t remember exactly where but there is a big banner on the shop where it has moved too

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Theres a shop worth trying on the hill at the end of MacCurtain St, leads up to the entrance of the Presbyterian church.

Otherwise upstairs in the place next to the bus station. Is that Mahers? Very helpful people and lotsa clothing options.

Oops, sorry, didn't see the post above!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Nope mahers outdoor is still there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

it was mahers corner (fitness kit) that moved, up to oliver plunkett st. near the sports shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

needlesports.com or jackson-sports.com would be my recommendation. Gear is usually cheaper on line, particularly stuff like the 'biners. Both have really quick delivery too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

The Outdoor store on The coal quay. Great shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Scout shop on McCurtain St are great for that stuff, between the Metropole and LeisurePlex

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Mathews (next to Vibes & Scribes) - good selection of rain gair, dont know about the other bits ^^

• Advertisement
Advertisement