Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoot my dog!

Options
  • 18-03-2009 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

www.shootmydog.ie
    Just wondering if anyone has had this photographer out to their house to photograph their dogs?
    I have him coming to mine tonight and just wondering what to expect?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Skillie

fantastic pics in the gallery it is very difficult to get dogs to pose for a pic with their humans whatever about getting good pics of them on their own. let us know how it goes are they just in dublin ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

It was a birthday pressie so I'm not really sure if its just Dublin, I'll ask him tonight? I know its a nightmare trying to get my two doggies to stay still long enough to get a picture and I'm not really that keen to get into the pictures myself. I wonder what his trick is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Skillie

FOOOOOOOD i'm guessin haha!! best of luck with it anyway the pics on his site look great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

What a great pressie!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭paulkellypix

Getting pets, dogs esp. to sit for a photo is not the easiest thing to do!!

After meeting the dogs in question and letting them sniff me (i keep markies in my pocket - they have rescued me a lot!) I find out what type of shots the owner wants - then decide if a studio setup (portable - to set up in the owners house) or other type of shoot (outdoors etc) is more suited.

For example a boisterous German Shepherd who likes to play fetch is best photographed outside, running around and having fun.

Trying to make a dog sit in a studio set up does work sometimes, but time and patience are needed - trust me!!

Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

So my dogs are officially supermodels ;) They were much better behaved than expected. It was a bit of a struggle to get them to pose as one just kept lying down to go asleep and the other wanted to get off the table to sniff all the stuff the photographer had brought with him.( I was having heart failure incase he cocked his leg!!) We finally got some lovely shots with the help of a squeeky pig and me standing behind the camera screaming "Do you wanna go daydays" :D We should have the pictures in about 2 weeks I can wait to see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

Either can we!! Please post one if you can!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

really, really nice idea...great pics on the site

Advertisement