Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Cork Coarse anglers here

Options
  • 18-03-2009 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if there's anyone in Cork on here & if so where they fish ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Inniscarra(PIKE).Cobh(PERCH).Kinsale(Fly for rudds,Good fun).Ladys Bridge(never any luck but determined to catch something)......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

where can you fish for perch in cobh?

Take left as you go over humpback bridge after passing fota entrance.Pass castle tower thing.There is a gate on the right.Its a farmers manmade lough.Pay 10euro for the day and there are toilets.You can camp as well.Very nice guy(farmer) beware of the over protective swans.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

thanks for that , living in cobh for over 20 years and never knew it existed:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

shezer wrote: »
    Take left as you go over humpback bridge after passing fota entrance.Pass castle tower thing.There is a gate on the right.Its a farmers manmade lough.Pay 10euro for the day and there are toilets.You can camp as well.Very nice guy(farmer) beware of the over protective swans.......

Thanks for that - never heard of the place before....

Is it signposted ?

Cheers

Andi

• Advertisement

Not signposted.....If you go on to google maps(satelite view).Left over bridge.First left pottery road.(on right)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Cheers - looks a fairly sizeable lake if this is the one - close to the top of pottery road...

Anything other than Perch in it ? - have you fished it much ?

All i know of is the Perch and Carp.but the farmer is very friendly and would give more info on whats there.

Lately,we have been catching good sized pike here.They are good fun to fish for...Licences from the esb,Dripsey and coachford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

shezer wrote: »

Camping too? The missus will be delighted when she sees where our next weekend away is ha ha:D

• Advertisement

To be honest.....Im bloody sick of secretive fishermen.If i hear of a spot sea or freshwater,PM me and ill tell the spots i know of.Ill even start a thread.(please see me illegal thread also)

Advertisement