Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MS Word - Page Numbering/Formatting Problem

• 18-03-2009 1:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭

My sister is finishing up her FYP today and is applying the last few cosmetic touches. She asked me to apply the page numbering to her doc seeing as I did it several years back, but i'm having a bit of a problem with how its turning out.

She basically wants the format as such:

Doc page 1 - Blank
    Doc page 2 - Blank
    Doc page 3 - Blank
    Doc page 4 - Blank
    Doc page 5 - Blank
    Doc page 6 - i
    Doc page 7 - ii
    Doc page 8 - 1
    Doc page 9 - 2
    Doc page 10 - 3
    Doc page 11 - 4
    etc
    etc
    etc

I've been playing around with section break and footers, but if I attempt to put page number: i at the bottom of page 6, it puts numbers 1-5 on pages 1-5.

Any suggestions would be great lads as she needs it done by this evening, and i'm up the walls in work as it is!!

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Word can be a pain, But why lose any sleep over this? Unless you are transmitting it electronically, just put in a few blank pages when you are binding it. Otherwise you can have a different footer for each section, lead off with one with no numbering whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 oneway

OK, the secret here is to use section breaks. You can only reset page numbers at the start of each section.

Put a section break (new page) after the blank pages (before page i) and after the preamble pages (between page iv and page 1).

You can then do insert / insert page numbers / format page numbers (in Office 2007) and change the number format from 1 to i,ii, iii etc.

Have fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

process is pretty much teh same for 2003.
    you put in teh section breaks then got to Insert - Page numbers.
    from here click format, you can change teh numbering style here.
    just make sure teh option to continue from previous section is turned off and it'll start at 1 for you

Advertisement