Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom problems again!!!!

Options
  • 18-03-2009 1:20pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Posted a while back after signing up for the 7mb package and if anyone remembers I was getting approx 1-2mb from a supposed 7meg package.

Anyway it gets worse.My problems were solved after 2-3 weeks but I got a bill for 250 euros on Monday which seemed a bit excessive to me.The package I signed up for was the family bundle @ 65 pm incl vat(7mb down and 384kbps up)

The bill had no call charges on it since local/national/meteor are free.
    So my bill should have been €130 at the very most for 2 months.

It turns out the way my original problems were solved was for the engineer to put me on to the "Home professional" broadband which is 7.6 down and 672 kbps up and a contention ratio of 24/1 as oposed to 48/1.So for the last 5 months Ive been paying 100 per month to eircon just for broadband.Phone line on top of this package is 25 pm.

No wonder my bills have been extortionate.

Now heres where my problems start.Ive asked to be put on to the package that I originally signed up for and am getting a refund because I didnt ask for the higher package but they tell me that my problems will more than likely start again due to the contention ratio.
    So Eircom are really kind of telling me that its a contention issue in my area is causing my slowdown.

So now my questions.

I know Ive asked this in the past but again--How good are UPC especially for online gaming and legal torrent downloads.Is there still issues with throttling?

Thanks.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 59 ✭✭sz_danii

Well i can tell you for fact UPC is **** when it comes to P2P ( file sharing in general ). On what eircom exchange are you ? what area I mean ?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Im in Maynooth.
    And they were right about the problems reoccuring--speeds are crap again tonight.Less than 3mb on a 7 mb package.

Must be big contention issues on the exchange here.

Advertisement