Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[UPC] Reliability? Down 4 times in 4 weeks

Options
  • 18-03-2009 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

In general is UPC quite unreliable? I've been signed up with them for around 7 weeks and it has gone down 4 times in the last 4 weeks.

The first time was for nearly a day, from afternoon of one day till noon the next.

It's been down 3 times in the last week, Mar 11th, 15th, and 17th, for > 4 hours every time. No broadband, no phone, but TV (dig/ana) still working all 4 ties.

None of these were to do with my own equipment. Is this typical UPC service or am I just in an unlucky neighbourhood (Rathfarnham)??

Thanks,
    Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

For me and a few people I know who are with UPC, we all seemed to go through the kind of dowtime your going through. After 3 months it was a lot more stable with very little dowtime. odd...

But if anything im guessing its mostly going to be down to your location

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Literally years since the last outage here, D24.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I rarely get outages. I'd say call them and complain about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭cahirhennessy

UPC broadband down for me in Dublin 1. Anybody else?

Advertisement