Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Applying to AGS - Any advice re courses I could do?

• 18-03-2009 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Can anyone recommend some courses I could undertake which would be of benefit to me applying for AGS?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

The courses that are of benefit are the preparation courses for the aptitude test and the interview. I did courses for both of these that Id def recommend- Pm me if you want details :) Usually the aptitude courses start running when a competition opens. If youre talking about other courses such as criminology etc I cant really help Im afraid, though I think life experience in general is what they look for in an ideal candidate and an academic course wont really give you an advantage. Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭StreetAngel

Hey!
    I'm in the same boat, wondering which courses would be of the most benifit! I'm a poor student at the moment, so can't afford waste money on the bad ones!!! I'm thinking the k.c. sounds alright..there is a financial institution that organises a preparation course too (I don't know if we're allowed to name them on this?? :rolleyes:) I think they run one for the aptitute and the interview. In the meantime, I'm planning on looking in the library for anybooks that might help...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭noel32

hi lads, career services are a crowd based in cork do courses they do them for ags, fire, emt's and the lot, i did a prep for the aptitutude and also a prep for the interview with them and found both to be absolutley invaluable so i would recommend them , they are on the web

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭StreetAngel

noel32 wrote: »
    hi lads, career services are a crowd based in cork do courses they do them for ags, fire, emt's and the lot, i did a prep for the aptitutude and also a prep for the interview with them and found both to be absolutley invaluable so i would recommend them , they are on the web

Thanks Noel32!
    I must look into that...aptitute tests seem so far away now thats it's hard to know when to start doing these courses! I suppose its a good chance to figure out which ones are most useful though! thanks again..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

recruit po wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend some courses I could undertake which would be of benefit to me applying for AGS?

As in a course that will be beneficial at the interview stage or overall for a career in AGS ??:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement