Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cant copy video clips to blank DVD-R

• 18-03-2009 2:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

I can copy to a CD-R but I need to copy my video clips to a blank DVD-R so that people can watch my clips on a DVD player if they dont have PC.
    My PC wont let me copy to blank DVD.
    Help.
    Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Bodan

We are going to need some more information then that. What software are you using and what error message are you getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

UPDATE: So sorry for very long delay. Very busy.
    Now Im trying again to copy video clips made in Windows Movie Maker then completed to play as a Windows video file.

No problem copying to CD-R but I find the CD too short memory so want to switch to DVD-R.
    My PC is HP Pavilion Entertainment Laptop about 3 years old, Windows XP.

On the CD drive its say its CD rewritable, RW DVD +or- R DL (I cant see if its + or - cos its so tiny.) and DVD Multi recorder.
    I cant find my manual book but I will look for it again, Im sure that would be most useful than the info on the side of the PC CD drive.

Can any one tell me why I cant copy to DVD-R or do I need to buy an add on external product and what do I need?

When I attempt to copy, it pop up a screen saying :
    Problem Copying
    Windows encountered a problem when trying to copy this file. What do you want windows to do?
    Retry Skip Cancel

Anytime I skip or retry it still say problem copying.

Thank you for your help in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Built-in "burning" in Windows is only for CD.

You need to buy and install Nero, or tryout one of the free DVD burning programs.

Then go to services and disable the MS CD Burner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 drim3r

Try with Nero Vision.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://cdburnerxp.se

CDBurnerXP is a free application to burn CDs and DVDs, including Blu-Ray and HD-DVDs. It also includes the feature to burn and create ISOs, as well as a multilanguage interface. Everyone, even companies, can use it for free. It does not include adware or similar malicious components.
    Windows 2000/XP/2003 Server/Vista/Windows 7

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 culna

I use Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 but any version from 6 up will burn (write) DVD's as well as CD's. It can be bought on ebay for under £10

It's better than nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

I downloaded the cd/dvdburner and it worked great.
    But found out that the negative is that my movies DVD wont play on it.
    Is this normal or v bad?

I think I be better off to buy the DVD/CD burner equipment.
    thanks for tip culna.

So if I remove the download burner will my laptop be back to normal and play movie DVDs?

Thanks for reply in advance.

I just look on ebay, the Roxio is a CD that you install to PC.
    I rather a external DVD burner.
    Any tip what make to buy.
    Link to website would be useful.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

You need to get DVD Santa (www.dvdsanta.com ) and convert files to dvd format, then burn to disc and they will be viewable on DVD player

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Wait hang on I feel that more clarification is needed here. If you're trying to just burn a .wmv file to a DVD-R then it certainly will not play in any household DVD player unless said player has the ability to play wmv files (which are few and far between).

Your best bet is to do as was suggested above and get something like DVD Santa which will import your wmv file, convert it to the MPEG2 Vob file format of a standard video dvd and then will play in any DVD player.

Hope that helps.

Advertisement