Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark and Deviant Forum?

Options
  • 18-03-2009 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭

Just a few quick questions:

• Is this a new forum?
    • Why is it private?
    • What is the purpose of the forum?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I have no idea what you are talking about....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you have a query about a private forum, one of the moderators of that forum can help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Beruthiel wrote: »
    I have no idea what you are talking about....

I couldn't find it on the index either if that's what you mean. I came across this user

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=124363

Orestes is moderator of a forum called "Dark & Deviant". I was just wondering what the story was behind the forum because I haven't come across it before.
    seamus wrote: »
    If you have a query about a private forum, one of the moderators of that forum can help you.

Fair enough, but when you click on a forum that has restricted access one of the suggestions are going to Help Desk for clarification. Was I wrong to come here with my query?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Is this a new forum? Yes, it is a new forum which was created this week.
    Why is it private? Because I requested that it be private.
    What is the purpose of the forum? That is private.

Any other requests for information can be sent to me via pm by any user who wishes to do so, as I will not disclose information regarding a private forum in public under any circumstances.

Thanks for the reply orestes and no worries, no need for a PM discussion, I can make a good guess about what the forum is all about.icon14.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Private forums get added quite often on request. The name isn't necessarily a giveaway on anything. I don't have access, don't know what it's about, who requested it, who granted or created it and it's none of my business really.

sceptre wrote: »
    Private forums get added quite often on request. The name isn't necessarily a giveaway on anything. I don't have access, don't know what it's about, who requested it, who granted or created it and it's none of my business really.

It's none of mine either. I was just curious and intruiged by the name of the forum. I didn't know that I wasn't allowed to make a genuine query.:pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I didn't know that I wasn't allowed to make a genuine query.:pac:

Nothing wrong with asking the question.
    Just as long as you understand, you may not get an answer.

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with asking the question.
    Just as long as you understand, you may not get an answer.

Indeed, and I am fine with that.

Advertisement