Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrauntoohil-Alternative Routes Up

Options
  • 18-03-2009 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Im planning on climbing Carrauntoohil for the third time in April sometime.
    Both time previously I've walked from Cronin's Yard, up the Devils Ladder, Upto the summit, and down via O'Sheas Gully. Im lokking for a different experience next time.
    Can anyone recommend any other loop routes that i could do starting and finishing at the same point, possibly from the Caher side? (as It will be a one car trip)
    If anyone has anything on gpx/gdb or jpeg, that would be great, or else just any ideas please, many thanks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

Try the Coumlougha Horseshoe:

Start at Hydro Road. Up Skegmore and onwards to Beenkeragh. Scramble accross the Beenkeragh ridge to Corran Tuathail onto Caher and back down to your start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Outdoor Mad

i second that,
    Classic Horseshoe walk/ Scamble. Watch out for bad weather and route finding on ridge, if you are experience hillwalker with a good head for heights then you should be fine.

Advertisement