Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy 60G HDD

• 18-03-2009 2:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭

Guys,

Looking at buying a 60G HDD to replace my 20G HDD. Where is a good place to buy.

Argos only seem to have the 120G (about €130) and local xtravision only have the 20G HDD for €100!!!!

Would like to get it in a shop so I can have it before the weekend.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I got a 120 gig one in Gamestop a few months ago for 100 euro. Dunno how much the 60 gig ones are but they'll obviously be cheaper than that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

I got a 120 gig one in Gamestop a few months ago for 100 euro. Dunno how much the 60 gig ones are but they'll obviously be cheaper than that!

Cheers. €100 for 120G. I'd go for that alright. I'd say 60G would be around 70/80 anyway so 100 for 120g sounds good. Have to see if there is a gamestop around.

**EDIT**
    Rang Gamestop there (Parkway Limerick). 60G for 70€ and 120G for €125.
    Sounds like you got a serious bargain :)
    Think I'll go for the 60G...recession and all. Just want to be able to install a few games. Have two installed now and the 20G only has like 100mb left :(

I was gonna go for the 60gig too first. Glad i went for the 120 though! even at that my HD is full with games though. I think i have about 18 installed on it! happy days.

I was gonna go for the 60gig too first. Glad i went for the 120 though! even at that my HD is full with games though. I think i have about 18 installed on it! happy days.

Now why did yo have to go and say that then ? :)

I'll be heading there in an hour and knowing me like I know me... I'm make a last minute judgement call to go for the 120G :D

And I've to get a memcard to copy over my saved games also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Buy the 120Gb one on ebay for approx €70..way overpriced here.

• Advertisement

brianon wrote: »
    Now why did yo have to go and say that then ? :)

I'll be heading there in an hour and knowing me like I know me... I'm make a last minute judgement call to go for the 120G :D

And I've to get a memcard to copy over my saved games also.

:)

You'll get a transfer kit with it (definitely with the 120 gig one anyway)

Thanks for your help guys.

In the end I went to gamestop to buy the 120G HDD for €125. He said he had a 2nd hand Elite 120G HDD for €100 and the transfer cable and CD so I bought that.

Worked fine and the 120G is up and running with all my content transferred :D

Advertisement