If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Philips Shop - New Website

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Bulmers

Thanks for the kind words there:o
    Always good to get feedback!

Had a chance to enjoyed any 3D films on your setup yet?
    Hope you've had fun tweaking it to perfection.

We look forward to looking after you again next time you need some new Philips tech in your life.

Thanks again
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Sparkyd2002

yes have to add my praise for you guys .recently bought this baby PHILIPS 37PFL7605H . Got a great price and the wireless dongle is great too !amazing to control the tv from an iphone app. Thanks for the service and great deal

Hi Sparkyd2002

Another very nice TV is the 37PFL7605H:)

Yes, the iPhone app is very cool isnt it? especially when using the NET TV functions.
    Thanks for the kind words as wel.

If we can do anything else for you, you know where we are:)

Thanks again and hope we can do business in the future.

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭eoinsie74

Hi

Sorry to butt in, but I recently bought a 47 inch philips lcd tv which i havent had a problem with, I also bought a blu ray samsung ht-c5530 home cinema system which i connected to the tv yesterday. When i placed a blu ray movie into the home cinema system i noticed that when watching the film, the lip sync was slightly out. I watched closely to see that the video appeared to be slightly faster than the audio (although slightly). It was like watching a badly dubbed film.
    I went into the settings on the home cinema system to see that there was a setting in the "Audio" called "Av sync" which allowed me to delay the audio from 0 milliseconds right upto 300 milliseconds. I tried every delay possible between 0 and 300, but it only made the sync worse. I then relaised that its the video I need to delay. I tried all the settings on my tv also to no avail.
    I rang samsung and they told me its Philips i should get onto. I got onto Philips and they asked me if my sky box was ok to watch on my tv, which it is. Philips concluded that theres nothing wrong with my tv so and i need to get back onto samsung. I tried for hours to resolve the issue and could come up with anything. Can anyone help?

Hi Eoinsie74

Ahh the joys of Audio/Video delays.....

Hard to know whats at fault here - what is the model number of your TV by the way?

Does this happen with all Blu-Rays you play in it?
    What about DVD's? same thing happen?

It is usually the audio that needs to be delayed rather than the Video signal so that will explain why the Lip Sync delay on the HTC didnt work for you - but your have discovered that already.

Its interesting to know that the SKY box into your TV has no sync issues.
    Have you other Video devices plugged into the TV such as Games machines, camcorders etc to check for sync issues?

Have you tried your Samsung HTC on another TV?

I've had a look at the Samsung UK website and they have posted up new firmware for this system on Dec 27th
    have you tried updating your system with this?

Heres the link
    http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/detail/supportPrdDetail.do?menu=SP01&prd_mdl_cd=HT-C5530%2fXEF&srchword=HT-C5530
    Doesnt specifically mention your issue but worth a shot

Sorry not much help at the moment but if you could answer the questions above I might be able to come up with other suggestions.

atb
    Ash

• Advertisement

Thanks Ash

The Philips model i bought recently is the 47PFL3605H. Only about 2 weeks old. I didnt try the samsung on any other tv yet but ive it all boxed up and ready to be collected by UPS for return and a replacement. I did borrow a blu ray dvd player just last night and played the same movies i tried on the samsung and there is absolutely no problems with the lip sync, so as i suspected there is no problem with the tv.

Dont want to sound thick but when my replacement arrives and if it is the same problem, how do i update the firmware on the system?

Thanks

Hi Eoinsie74

I'd say the issue is with the Samsung then if you tried the same film in another player and all was ok

Hopefully your replacement wont have any problems.

If you want to update the units firm ware heres the HOW TO GUIDE
    http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/FM/201004/20100409104014234/USB_Upgrade_Eng.pdf

Best of luck

Ash

Thanks a mil Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 54,345 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Hello ash

did you get my pm, I want to order it asap

Will look at it now and get back to you

atb
    Ash

• Advertisement

hi Headshot

Its on its way to you now.
    happy DIY when you receive it:)

Thanks for the order

ATB
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 54,345 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Thanks ash
    Always a pleasure dealing with the Philips store

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭madmac187

Hi I bought an 8 series 37" Philips off yourselves last year, Im looking for a 32" television, something to have in the bedroom. What have you in this size? I don't want to spend too much it doesn't have to be Philips either, it can be Samsung, the 8 series is mega by the way, very good watching SKY HD & HD Movies. Ash is a gentleman to deal with by the way.

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Madmac187,

We have a couple of options to choose from.

We have the 32PFL3605 which is our entry level 32". This is a Full HD LCD TV, 50Hz, 50,000:1 Contrast Ratio, MPEG4 Tuner, 2 HDMI, VGA, Scart and USB.

We also have the 32PFL5405 which is again FULL HD LCD TV, 100Hz, 100,000:1 Contrast Ratio, MPEG4 Tuner, 3 HDMI, VGA, Scart and USB.

Next up on the list is the 32PFL5605 and this is a Full HD LED LCD TV, 100Hz, 500,000:1 Contrast Ratio, MPEG4 Tuner, 3 HDMI, VGA, Scart and USB.

I'll PM you some Prices on these and if you were thinking about a 7000 or 8000 series just have a browse on www.philipsshop.ie and let me know which you need prices for.

Thanks a mil, Nicola. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Dammo

Hi,

Was just reading above and thought I'd express an interest. I'm debating about buying 2 new MPEG 4 TVs (in the face of stiff opposition at home!).

Depending on price, I'm thinking about a 32" HD and a 26" HD. The feedback looks good and the possibility of doing a deal is attractive as I'm fairly price sensitive at the mo.

Any chance you could give me a quote?

Thanks.

Hi Dammo

Thanks for contacting us:)

Well, nows a great time to be looking at TV's esp as the Philips models have pretty much all fallen in price (again!) in the last week.

So you can keep a little extra in your pocket!

I'll start off with info on the 32" screen sizes

For value and image quality you cant go wrong with the Philips 5 Series TV range of TV's

Check out the Philips 32PFL5404H here -
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/32pfl5405h_05_pss_eng.pdf
    This is a very well spec'd 32" TV
    1080p Full HD Res - looks great with HD broadcast or BR discs
    Its has 100Hz Clear LCD Refresh Rate
    A 2ms response time
    100,000:1 Contrast ratio
    MPEG 4 Digital Tuner
    Pixel Plus HD Image processing engine
    HD Natural Motion processor
    Input wise you get 3x HDMI inputs, 1x SCART, VGA and USB (plays most file formats)

Overall its a great TV esp at the price and makes a great foundation and introduction to the Philips TV range.

This TV has been reduced from €499.99 to only €448.99

If you fancy a TV the uses the latest LED backlighting Tech check out its twin, the 32PFL5605H
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/32pfl5605h_05_pss_eng.pdf

The basic spec is the same but as it uses an LED backlight so has a far higher contrast ratio of 500000:1 and is a little more energy efficient.
    you can clearly see the boost in image quality the LED backlighting brings - great colours and lots of detail in highlights and shadow details

This TV is great value at the moment as it has been reduced from €599.99 to only €499.99

We also have another couple of 32" TV's a little higher up the food chain if you fancy things like Ambilight, Net TV functions partnered with LED Edge lighting Tech and better image processors and slimmer bodywork - check out here
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/sevenseries.htm for details on the 7 Series
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/eightseries.htm for info on the 8 series range
    Just thought I'd throw those in as temptation:D

I have a great 26" TV to offer you.
    It's the Philips 26PFL3405H
    This is an HD Ready screen with a res' of 1366x768
    See spec here -
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/26pfl3405h_05_pss_eng.pdf
    This would make a fantastic secondary TV and has been a popular seller recently - even more so now its had a price drop....

This TV was €399.99 but is now only €349.99

I have all these TV's on display and would be happy to show you the in's and outs of them instore if you'd like to see 'em in the flesh

Have a look at these and let me know which takes your fancy - and dont forget my arm can be twisted on prices as well - i'll happily look after you!

Have a good weekend
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

Hi Ash

I'm back again, I've bought a TV from you (32PFL5404H) and even splashed out on a remote recently!

Anyway I need a good price on a new dvd player nothing too fancy. Will a blue ray machine play regular dvd's too? Also need it to play multiregion dvds.

If so then pls quote me on:
    Dvd player (or blue ray)
    Appropriate connecting cabling to go from wall tv to dvd player (4m)
    Delivery to D18

Do your best pleeeessse and thanks!
    Pix

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Pix,

PM on the way. :D

Thanks, Nicola.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

Hi Nicola

Thanks for the deal and the prompt service.

Have to also mention a huge thanks to Ian also, who delivered the blu ray player out to me on saturday evening. Unknown to you all my son was just out of a stay in Crumlin and needed some urgent distraction.. so the hassle free shopping and fast delivery was very much appreciated!!

As Arnie said- 'I'll be back!' ;)
    Pix

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Pix,

Thanks a million for the feedback. On behalf of myself and Ian you totally welcome. :D:D:D

Thanks, Nicola

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭johnj1969

I Bought a pioneer vsx-lx50 from your store demo in perf cond.That was 2 yrs ago afaik its still flying,nice one.

Can RS.ie get Jamo speakers? john.

Hi John

Sorry for (long) delay in comming back to yoa
    Have you tried directing this question to either Dave or Kenny in Richer Sounds

They'll be able to help you out wth with speaker options

atb
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 sublimer

Hi Ash,

I bought a 40" 9704 off you last year and I'm going to sell it on.... I have a small issue though, as the source button at the top have stopped working. The tv button works but thats it.

Is this a common fault??

Thanks a mill,

Sub!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gsoyu

Hi.
    I am looking for Humax Foxsat HDR 500GB Freesat HD Satellite Receiver. Can you let me know if you have it and the price for it including shipping to letterkenny ireland?

Thanks,
    Gsoyu.

Hi Sublimer

Sorry to hear you have a problem with your TV.

I can say that its not a common fault - we have never had one with that issue (in fact I'm pretty sure I've never had any of those TV's back:))

As your TV is still under warranty you could log it with Philips Premium Service on 1800 744 5477

You'll need you Date Of Purchase and Serial Number handy (if you dont have these I can pm the info)
    They will arrange to have it collected from you, repaired and returned to you.

Give them a buzz and let me know how you get on.

Atb
    Ash

Hi Gsoyu

I spoke to Dave in Richer Sounds and they have them in stock.

They sell at £249.95 and nationwaide delivery on this item is €12.99

If you drop Dave or Kenny a pm they can look after you no worries.

have a good on one
    atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Hi Gsoyu

I spoke to Dave in Richer Sounds and they have them in stock.

They sell at £249.95 and nationwaide delivery on this item is €12.99

If you drop Dave or Kenny a pm they can look after you no worries.

have a good on one
    atb
    Ash
    Looking for one of these as well (Foxsat HDR 500GB) delivered to Cork.

Amazon.co.uk are selling them £12 cheaper and with free delivery. (Including to Cork)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Humax-500GB-Freesat-Satellite-Receiver/dp/B0039J42LM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1305561832&sr=8-1

Can you match or better that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gsoyu

Hi Ash,

I would also like to know if you would match the AMazon offer.

Thanks.

Hi Guys

I've forwarded your questions to Dave - he'll be along shortly withh an answer

atb
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Hi Ash

Looking for a couple of items & always like to give you guys a chance:

laptop case for 17.5" screen

1TB portable hard drive

on the off chance someone reads this today, Mrs Big B is in Dublin & could collect

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.