If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Philips Shop - New Website

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Big b

Thanks for thinking of us.

17.5" is too big for us!!

The largest I can get my hands on is a bag for a 15.6" screen size.

so thats going to be a little small for your laptop.

We dont carry Hard Drives either for that matter.

I'm sorry to let you down twice there:(

Now if its TV's and Home Cinema Syetyems you are loking for well that I can sort you with!

Have a good weekend

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Still haven't heard back, I went with Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gsoyu

Hi Ash,

Dave did get back to me stating that they would beat the Amazon offer by 5 pounds. After that I have left him few messages but have not heard from him, can you please provide me with his contact number so that I can reach him and get the Humax unit delivered.

Thanks..

Hi Gsoyu

I think they are playing catch up there at the moment.

The guys can be reached in store on 04890 321 332.
    Give that number a blast and you should reach them no worries.

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 20 vizzle

I'm loking for in ear headphones to 30 euro, could you put some models other that I can find on site? So I can read some reviews.

• Advertisement

Hi Vizzle

Have a little look at this post I put up last week as it will give you a few options.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056288627

I'd say one of the Philips O'Neill "The Specked" in ear headphones will do the trick (available in various colours)
    our website will show you the full range available
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/philipsoneills.html

sho9550_10_rtv_.jpg
    A brief spec run down
    6-23500Hz freq range
    105dB sensitivity
    9mm Drivers with Neodymium magnets
    1.2 mtr tangle free cable with reinforced 3.5mm connector
    3 different sets of ear pieces to help you find the best for fit and comfort.

All in all very nice earphones:)

These sell for €29.99 instore and the full range is in stock
    If they look like they'll do the trick you can deduct 10% off this price.

Let me know what you think

cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pires

HI Guys,

Looking for a home system

Onkyo TX-NR609 or Denon 1912
    Speakers Jamo S606
    If you have any sugestions on this price range I wouldnt mind

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

pires wrote: »
    HI Guys,

Looking for a home system

Onkyo TX-NR609 or Denon 1912
    Speakers Jamo S606
    If you have any sugestions on this price range I wouldnt mind

Pires,

Thanks for the post and (again) apologies for the delay getting back to you.

Both amazing products and these are really the battleground at the moment - again I have pretty much the same opinion as last years 1911 / 608 battle - they are both great but I prefer the audio quality on the Denon again - however Onkyo have really stepped up the appearance of the 609 - this years model is a really nice looking unit whilst Denon is quite severe looking.

They are both the same price at £499.95 which does not make the decision any easier! It will be really interesting to see how the Denon reviews but I have to say that on pure audio quality I think it's signifcantly better than the Onkyo - but then to be fair I did hear them both through a Boston 7.1 setup and the Boston may favour the Denon as they come from the same stable (those Boston A25's are amazing BTW - and thay have just had a 5* review in what hifi - really worth a listen have a look at the WHAT hifi Review here

Anyway - give me a shout if we can assist,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭martco

Howdy
    I'm on a budget as I've just finished building my house and running on fumes at this point, I need an AV reciever and Speaker package. House all wired up Ethernet + HDMI + speaker cables in the walls of living room in 5.1 layout with a second set going to a second room. I know a bit about computers and I already own a Sony PS3, ipod and have reasonable internet access.

Here's what I was thinking to do as follows: setup a media server/silo box in the attic with a few TB diskspace for the movies and music, internet radio etc running something like TVersity, use the PS3 downstairs to play/stream the content off the silo onto the flatscreen heard you can use a PSP to act as a remote control for the lot over the wifi...

Was checking out the various options, tempted by Onkyo TXNR509 + suitable ipod cradle + either CAMBRIDGE AUDIO MINX S215 or Boston Soundware XS 5.1

Questions:
    1. I know the speakers is where the real business is, am I looking at the right options here please suggest or am I better off buying a pair of very good monitor units and adding to them later when I get a bit of cash back in my pocket?

2. Am I missing out on anything going for the Onkyo over a similar Sony AV reciever?

3. Does the PS3 have to be in the picture at all? Can it stream the content from my media server directly, movies and sounds?

4. Do I need the TV on to see what I'm doing if streaming music/internet radio off the media server/internet or can I drive from the front panel of unit.

5. Last but not least and no joke - I have my housewarming this coming Sunday 19th and I'd like to have my gear in and running for then...I'm in Dublin. If I buy today, this morning can you get it to me on time? Or is there any smart way I can get hold of it by coming to you? (have seen vague references to "Blanchardstown" and the "Phillips shop" as maybe a way to figure out fast pickup - cant go up North unfortunately for a couple of weeks

Thanks!!! :)

Martin

sorry, time was too tight to wait so got the number for the RS boys in Belfast, taking the 509 + Boston speakers and next day delivery too, nice 1 hopefully it gets to me safe n sound - thanks to Dave at RS Belfast!
    Martin

• Advertisement

Just to follow up

I'm WELL IMPRESSED with the service from RS. Having placed the order only the previous afternoon I had a courier at my door by 11am the following morning! Gear installed and I was streaming stuff off my server to the Onkyo and enjoying it by teatime! Boston speakers also brilliant for the price, great combo would recommend!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cumminsj

Hi Lads. I'm looking for a 32in-37in LED FULL HD TV. I am also looking for a wall mount bracket for the same TV. What sort of spec do you current have for this range, and what is the best price you can do it for (including the bracket)? I am based in Dublin, and a returning customer. BTW thanks for the brilliant customer service I received from you on the last purchase. John.

Hi Cumminsj

We are having a clear out on the current range of TV's at the moment and have a good few fantastic offers available on end of line/ex demo stock (we love our display TV's and treat 'em well:)) - naturally these all have the full 2 year warranty attached.

Have a look at our list here

We have BIG reductions on our 32" and 37" 7 and 8 series TV's as you'll see

Check out that link and see if anything grabs your interest - hopefully something there will do the job for you

I can reserve whichever TV you like - just let me know

ATB
    Ash

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Hi Ash , Do you stock the Philips AirFryer ? HN are doing them for €169 at the moment .

Hi Sharkman

Sorry for delay in coming back to you

We are selling the Airfryer for €169. in store as well - been a popular thing now everyone seems to be abandoning their BBQ's!

They are available in Black or White

Fancy one?
    atb
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭steveq

Hi,

I'm looking for a CD Player / DAB & FM Tuner / iPod Dock. It will be connected to 2 ceiling mounted speakers so I don't need speakers (I can always just not use any supplied speakers).
    It will sit on a windowsill which is about 24cm deep so it can't be too big.

As always, price is critical !!

Do you have anything suitable?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10 amabs

Hey Ash,

Set up the ex demo 40 inch TV tonight, it looks great in my apartment! One question do you need an aerial to tune in saerview channels as the TV is not picking up anything when i search for them.

Everything else bang on!

Cheers,

Alasdair

Hi Alasdair

Glad you got the TV set up - its very cool isnt it!

Re Saorview channels - you will need to plug some form of TV antenna into it.
    You may beable to use and indoor type or may require and external one - I'd say try an indoor one first.

One hint
    When tuning in the TV make sure you set the TV Location to UK before you tune it in - it will set up the tuner correctly that way.

Hope the TV keeps you entertained:)

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭elgicko

Hi Guys,

I send a O+PM to John just now, not sure if it sent so I am posting in main forume looking for advice/guidance.

I am interested in the following product from richersounds
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/yamaha/yht294/yama-yht294

I have a couple of questions that you may be able to help me with:

1) Can you arrange for this product to be shipped to Dame Street?

2) I want to hook the amp up to my LG 42LH3000 TV. I have applied a firmware upgrade to allow me to play movies (all formats) through a hard drive connected to the USB port on the TV. My question is: Is the following connection possible to enable souround sound. Hard Drive -> TV -> AMP, using either HDMI or optical ports? My TV has an optical out port, but I am not sure if I can stream the surround sound signal through the TV to the AMP.

Any guidance greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
    Steve

Hi Steve

Thanks for contacting us:)

Johns been pretty busy of late - no change there really - so may have not been able to dive into Boards as much as he wants...

In the meantime i've bounced this onto Dave in Richer Sounds.

He should be back to you soon with a little guidence

have a good one

ATB
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Austin1

Hello

Any sign of stocking this bad boy in your Dame St store?

http://www.philips.co.uk/c/airfloss/airfloss-hx8111_02/prd/

Cheers

Austin

Hi Austin.

I have not actually seen this item before:o
    I'll ask my Philips rep what the word is on it and come back to you.

Looks rather interesting!

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 37 viz139

Can you give my price on a Yamaha rx-667 either collected in Dublin or delivered to Drogheda. Thanks

Hi Viz

Your best bet is to post this in a new thread on its own - I dont think the Richer Sounds lads look into this particular thread.

They will be able to give you the latest on Price and availability

hope this helps - but if you cant get through to them let me know and i'll chase 'em up

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Austin1

Austin1 wrote: »
    Hello

Any sign of stocking this bad boy in your Dame St store?

http://www.philips.co.uk/c/airfloss/airfloss-hx8111_02/prd/

Cheers

Austin
    Hi Austin.

I have not actually seen this item before:o
    I'll ask my Philips rep what the word is on it and come back to you.

Looks rather interesting!

atb
    Ash

Folks

Have you any update on this query?

Thanks

Austin

Hi Austin

I had a chat with our rep re this line and its something that they wont be bringing into Ireland i'm afraid to say.

Sorry I cant be of more help on this

Regards
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 17 zaphodp77

Morning,

Was checking the website yesterday and came across a couple of items I am interested in, was wondering if you have any stock of these?

PHILIPS DS1100 iPod / iPhone ALARM CLOCK
    PHILIPS AZD208 iPod / iPhone DOCK WITH CD
    PHILIPS DLM2261 iPhone POWER AND PROTECT CASE
    Thanks
    Paul

Hi Paul

I can help you with 2 out of 3:)

The DS1100 iPod Docking Alarm clock we have in stock and this sells for €49.99

This is a very compact dock with its own time display (sync's from your iPhone) and uses the alarm on the phone itself - you can also download the free FIDELIO App for extra featutes - Internet Radio when phone is docked etc.

We also have the AZD208 as well - this is a good bit larger and is mainly a CD, FM/MW Radio & iPod Docking Boom Box type unit and has no alarm feature built in - but you can use the alarm from the iPhone no worries.

This unit sells for €69.99

Both are on demo if you'd like to check 'em out

The DLM 2261 was a special promo - now sold out.

You're welcome to check out the two other units in store and I can see what I can do for price on 'em for you:)

ATB
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 17 zaphodp77

Ash,

Thanks for the reply, might try get in this evening, or if not at the weekend and have a look at those.

Thanks

Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭trabpc

PHILIPS 32PFL4606

What would this cost with a 4 or 5 year warranty.

Can pick up but whatis cost of delivery.

Thanks,

edit..... I see this is the same price 32pfl5606h

again same question re 5 year warranty.

This discussion has been closed.