If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Philips Shop - New Website

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 craggel69

Hi there,

Can you tell me whether you have any 32pfl7404's in stock at the moment? I'd like to drop by today/ tomorrow, have a look and possibly pick one up. Are they still at the 629euro for board's members?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Craggel69,

I have one left in here available but by all means pop in and take a gander. They are still at the €629.99 including the Philips Shop Boards 10% Discount and if you purchase before 5pm tomorrow you get a 3 year warranty. After this it will revert to a 2 year warranty.

Looking forward to seeing you, Nicola.

Thanks Nicola,

Can you throw my name on it? I will possibly make it in today but if not will definetly be tomorrow. What time do you open at tomorrow?

Thanks
    Craggel

Hi There

I've reserved one up for you, just call in tomorrow.
    Nicola will look after you instore.

We open 1 to 5pm

Cheers
    Ash (on behalf of Nicola)

Great - Thanks Ash (I mean Nicola)

See you tomorrow
    Craggel on behalf of ..eh.. Craggel :D

• Advertisement

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

No worries Craggel69,

See you tomorrow. :D

Nicola.

Thanks to Nicola, Ash and Ian! Telly is great - the picture is fantastic. Kids also delighted to be given the old sammy for their Xbox!
    Cheers
    Craggel!

Glad your happy with it.
    Its is a very cool TV alright.
    When the kids kill off the Sammy TV we'll have another shiney new Philips for them!!!!

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

hi guys n girls
    im in the market for a 42" and a 32 " led hdtv , just wondering what sort of deals or packages you could twist my arm with, could also use a good quality 2.1 sound system. got about 2k to blow. options please.
    oh sorry forgot to mention the 32" is for gaming and occasional footy so 100 to 200 hrz is ideal.

Hi Almanu

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you...
    Here we go ----

Philips currently have 2x 40" and 1x 46 LED Backlit LCD TV in the range at the moment - nowt smaller...
    So I can certainly help you with 40" LED backlit LCD TV's:)

I have the 40PFL8664H
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/40pfl8664h_12/40pfl8664h_12_pss_eng.pdf

and the all singing and dancing 40PFL9704H
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/40pfl9704h_12/40pfl9704h_12_pss_eng.pdf

The 40PFL9704H has received an excellent review in the latest What Hi-Fi mag - read all about it here - http://whathifi.com/Review/Philips-40PFL9704/

As you'll see from the specs the 40PFL9704H is a 200Hz LCD TV with a 1ms response time
    This TV has our most powerful processing engine in the form of Perfect Pixel HD and Perfect Natural Motion.

This TV is a LED BACKLIT LCD TV with Local Dimming technology which gives a whopping 5 million : 1 contrast ratio!! (FANTASTIC BLACK LEVEL and DETAIL) it, and its bigger bro the 46PFL9704H are truely stunning.

The 40PFL8664H is an EDGE LIT LED BACKLIT LCD and benefits from being extra slim, our slimest TV infact, great if your plan on wall mounting it.
    This TV is a 100Hz set with a 3ms response time and uses the Pixel Precise HD image processing engine (the same core specs as the very popular 42PFL8404H in fact)
    This TV has a contrast ratio of 500,000:1 A large improvement over the standard CCFL backlit 8 series TV's.

I have both on display and would be happy to show you around 'em.

The 40PFL9704H sells instore for €1999.99, but as a Boardie that will be reduced down to €1799.99 after you use your 10% Philips Shop Boardies Discount

The 40PFL8664H sells at €1499.99 but once more use your 10% Philips Shop Boardies Discount and its yours for only €1349.99

I have the award winning 32PFL7404H, whilst this isnt a LED Backlit Tv it is the What Hi-Fi award winner for the 32" Screen Size and is a great little TV
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl7404h_12/32pfl7404h_12_pss_eng.pdf

This TV is a 100Hz model and uses the Pixel Precise HD Image processor and is going to be a hard one to beat for the price.
    After you deduct your
    10% Philips Shop Boardies Discount its yours for €629.99 (TSP in store is €699.99)

That covers you for TV options.

Have a look at this for a great spec'd 2.1 BR/DVD/CD system,
    The HTS7200
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/h/hts7200_12/hts7200_12_pss_eng.pdf

This is a very neat Home Cinema system and as you'll see from the spec is a very powerful unit.
    We have this plugged into the 46PFL9704H and its looks great...

This has been reduced down to €499.99 but you can have one for €449.99 (or more if you like 'em:))

I have ALL of these on display so please call on in and have a gander.

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Hi Almanu

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you...
    Here we go ----

Philips currently have 2x 40" and 1x 46 LED Backlit LCD TV in the range at the moment - nowt smaller...
    So I can certainly help you with 40" LED backlit LCD TV's:)

I have the 40PFL8664H
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/40pfl8664h_12/40pfl8664h_12_pss_eng.pdf

and the all singing and dancing 40PFL9704H
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/40pfl9704h_12/40pfl9704h_12_pss_eng.pdf

The 40PFL9704H has received an excellent review in the latest What Hi-Fi mag - read all about it here - http://whathifi.com/Review/Philips-40PFL9704/

As you'll see from the specs the 40PFL9704H is a 200Hz LCD TV with a 1ms response time
    This TV has our most powerful processing engine in the form of Perfect Pixel HD and Perfect Natural Motion.

This TV is a LED BACKLIT LCD TV with Local Dimming technology which gives a whopping 5 million : 1 contrast ratio!! (FANTASTIC BLACK LEVEL and DETAIL) it, and its bigger bro the 46PFL9704H are truely stunning.

The 40PFL8664H is an EDGE LIT LED BACKLIT LCD and benefits from being extra slim, our slimest TV infact, great if your plan on wall mounting it.
    This TV is a 100Hz set with a 3ms response time and uses the Pixel Precise HD image processing engine (the same core specs as the very popular 42PFL8404H in fact)
    This TV has a contrast ratio of 500,000:1 A large improvement over the standard CCFL backlit 8 series TV's.

I have both on display and would be happy to show you around 'em.

The 40PFL9704H sells instore for €1999.99, but as a Boardie that will be reduced down to €1799.99 after you use your 10% Philips Shop Boardies Discount

The 40PFL8664H sells at €1499.99 but once more use your 10% Philips Shop Boardies Discount and its yours for only €1349.99

I have the award winning 32PFL7404H, whilst this isnt a LED Backlit Tv it is the What Hi-Fi award winner for the 32" Screen Size and is a great little TV
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl7404h_12/32pfl7404h_12_pss_eng.pdf

This TV is a 100Hz model and uses the Pixel Precise HD Image processor and is going to be a hard one to beat for the price.
    After you deduct your
    10% Philips Shop Boardies Discount its yours for €629.99 (TSP in store is €699.99)

That covers you for TV options.

Have a look at this for a great spec'd 2.1 BR/DVD/CD system,
    The HTS7200
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/h/hts7200_12/hts7200_12_pss_eng.pdf

This is a very neat Home Cinema system and as you'll see from the spec is a very powerful unit.
    We have this plugged into the 46PFL9704H and its looks great...

This has been reduced down to €499.99 but you can have one for €449.99 (or more if you like 'em:))

I have ALL of these on display so please call on in and have a gander.

Cheers
    Ash

wow thanks ash
    that was a really informative response , i think the best thing to do is drop in to you guys and have a good look, were abouts are you located ? il do my best to drop in this week, if not early next week cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Could you quote me for a 32PFL5604H with delivery costs to Galway City and a likely delivery date. Thanks.

Hi Leeroybrown

The Boardies price on the Philips 32PFL5604H is €449.99 (thats after the 10% Philips Shop Boardies Discount has been deducted from our regular price of €499.99)

Delivery to Galway city is €19.99 making a total of €469.98.

I'm waiting confirmation of delivery but hope to have these back soon.
    I'd say it would be next week before this TV would arrive with yourself.

If you'd like to just PM me your phone number and I'll call you or buzz me on (01) 474 0788 and I'll look after you.

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 29 korbend

Hi, could you give me a quote for a 42PFL9664H?

Thanks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tagday

I have a Philips 37PF7321 TV the screen setting is enlarged like say the news is on and the RTE is on the top left cornor of the screen, well I can only see TE. I have have scrolled through all the screen format on the remote 4:3 14:9 16:9 subtille zoom supersize & widescreen ( usually leave it on wide screen ) but nothing seem to to bring the screen in both sides. Any suggestions ??

PS best of luck with the new shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

tagday wrote: »
    I have a Philips 37PF7321 TV the screen setting is enlarged like say the news is on and the RTE is on the top left cornor of the screen, well I can only see TE. I have have scrolled through all the screen format on the remote 4:3 14:9 16:9 subtille zoom supersize & widescreen ( usually leave it on wide screen ) but nothing seem to to bring the screen in both sides. Any suggestions ??

PS best of luck with the new shop

Its a long shot but I had a decoder years ago i think it could have been with NTL, anyway I had to change the settings in the decoder as well as the TV. If you have a satellite box or some sort of digital service, try the menu in it to see if you can change the setting. As i said long shot but its worth a try..:)

Hi folks

ok Korbend, the Boardies price on the 42PFL9664H is €1619.99 after your 10% Philips Shop Boards Discont has been deducted from our instore price of €1799.99
    What a great set is is too....

Tagday, I'm with Brian Ireland here - assuming you have a NTL digi box I'd say its set to 4:3 in the screen setting menu - NTL recently installed another NTL box in my place and despite the TV obviously being a widescreen set they didn't change the NTL box setting to 16:9 just left it on 4:3 - until I changed it after they left.

I'd say go into its menu system and set it to 16:9 and you'll be good to go.

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 17 zaphodp77

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone in the store, the 37PFL9604 television is amazing, especially with the blu ray player you recommended.

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 espiky

Hi there,

Can I get a quote on this TV? PHILIPS 42PFL8404H LCD

Do you have any in-store btw? Sounds like a nice TV :)

Thanks,
    -F

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey espiky,

PM sent! :D

Thanks, Nicola.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Legion

Hi there

Do you have any of the 32PFL5604H in stock and what price are we talking?

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

Hi I am interested in the WACS7500 - 80GB STREAMIUM SYSTEM and a WAS6050 - STATION STREAMIUM UNIT. Are they in stock? Also am wondering if I could hook up my Sony tunrtable to it? If so I would be interested in a quote for both.

Many thanks.

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Legion,

PM sent your way.

Thanks, Nicola.

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Yknaa,

PM sent! :)

Thanks, Nicola.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭boycey

Hi guys-
    you've been recommended to me by a few boardsies, so, its new TV time and I have €1000 to spend - any recommendations?
    For now its all about the gaming (X-box 360), till such times as we upgrade to Sky HD and/or a blue ray player. TBH I'd prefer quality over size, a 37" is plenty big, something with a nice high contrast ratio/good specs would be preferable to a bigger screen with poorer specs!

Thanks guys, boycey.

Hi Boycey

Well you've contacted the right place for TV's alright:D

I can offer you 2 excellent 42" TV's that have proven to be very popular with fellow Boardies...a discerning bunch of people:)

I'll start with a TV that have been pretty much the star of the range, the 42PFL8404H, see spec below.

http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/42pfl8404h_12_pss_eng.pdf

This TV has all the goodies that count -
    100Hz screen refresh rate,
    3ms panel response time
    80000:1 contrast ratio
    Great image processing in the form of PIXEL PRECISE HD procerssing engine
    Digital Natural Motion
    4x HDMI inputs, 2x SCART, VGA & USB inputs + more
    NET TV (Wired)
    AMBILIGHT Spectra 2

All put together this TV produces a really nice image - esp' when you take a little time with the initial set up - you can taylor each input to each device you have to get the very best from them.

All in all a VERY COOL TV

This sells instore for €999.99 but as usual you can use your 10% Philips Shop Boards Discount and scoop up this TV for only €899.99 with a 2 year warranty

An alternative to the 8 series is the 7 series TV which is basically the same TV wise but doesnt have NET TV or AMBILIGHT or the DNLA net work connection.

Spec here -
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/42pfl7404h_12_pss_eng.pdf

This sells instore for €849.99 and once again you can use your 10% Philips Shop Boards Discount and pick up this TV for only €764.99 with a 2 year warranty

I have these on display and in stock so feel free to call on in and check 'em out.

By the way both have a GAME preset under the SMART SETTINGS menu so you can set up which ever HDMI input you are using for your X-BOX with that or select PERSONAL and set it up to your liking.

atb
    Ash

EASTER OPENING HOURS
    Hi All

Just a little note re our opening times over the Easter weekend for The Philips Shop.

Good Friday 2nd April 11am-5pm
    Saturday 3rd April 10am-6pm
    Easter Sunday 4th April CLOSED
    Bank Holiday Monday 5th CLOSED
    Tuesday onwards normal opening hours

Happy Easter to allsmile.gif

cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Laker04

Hey Ash,

Interested in the Icon Modus S5 tv stand that I saw displayed instore, do you accept one4all vouchers by any chance???

Hi Laker04

I'd be happy to take your One4All vochers no problems:)
    We have the stand instore as well

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Laker04

Hi Laker04

I'd be happy to take your One4All vochers no problems:)
    We have the stand instore as well

Cheers
    Ash

Excellent, can you put one aside for collection on Saturday? Also what's the damage after the discount?

This discussion has been closed.