If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Philips Shop - New Website

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Laker04

Will set one aside for you for Saturday collection.
    The Price is €179.99 to yourself

can you pm me your name and phone number?

Cheers
    Ash

Guys,

apologies for the delay and the confusion - we are unable to offer a blanket 10% discount on the whole new Philips TV range - however we are currently preparing Boardie specials on each new model and also for the current range which will be pretty exciting!

If anyone needs a Boardie special deal urgently just drop us a PM or of cours use that old telephone thing!

ATB,

John Mc & The Philips Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭boycey

Hi Boycey

Well you've contacted the right place for TV's alright:D

atb
    Ash

Just recieved my new TV and stand this morning and I have to commend the guys on their excellent customer service. Ashley whom I dealt with here on boards and in the shop, Thomas on the phone and Ian the friendly van driver!
    An excellent experience from start to finish and the kind of staff any retailer should be proud of -

Thanks Guys-
    boycey.

Hi Boycey

Thanks for the compliments:)

I bet your probably torn between setting up your new TV or getting out enjoying the sunny weather eh!

Hope your XBOX gaming session tonight is a blast!!

If you have any questions regarding the setup just give me a buzz on 01 474 0788 and I'll happily take you through them.

have a good one

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

Hi Guys
    Looking for a 37"full HD 100htz tv and a Humax Foxsat.
    What can you offer.
    Regds
    Mike

• Advertisement

Hi Mike

The 37" screen size has largely been superceded by the 40" (no pun intended there...)

Have a look at the new 40PFL5605H -
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/40pfl5605h_05/40pfl5605h_05_pss_eng.pdf

This is a great TV with Pixel Plus HD processing and HD Natural Motion.
    A 100Hz refresh rate.
    Edge Lit LED lighting for a massive 500000:1 contrast ratio and 2ms response time

Its only 97cm wide so shouldn't dominate a room.
    Its about 4cm wider than the discontinued 37PFL5604H - not that you'd notice that!

We are very impressed with this TV in store, its the best ever 5 series TV from Philips

This TV retails for €999.99

I've spoken to the lads in Richer Sounds and they have two types of Humax Freesat boxes.
    A version without recording capability that sells for £129.99 and the excellent HDD recording version which sells for €239.99.

Have a look here....
    http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/categorydetail.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=6&sub=101

Kenny is your man in Belfast to talk to about the Humax boxes.

And we have the 40PFL5605H in stock and on display if you'd like to check it out in the flesh.

Buzz me on 01 474 0788 if you have any further questions.

Cheers
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 butzi

Hi Guys!

Can a get a quote for a Philips 42PFL9664 LCD if it's still in your stock please?
    I read lots of reviews about 40 inch LCD TV's and I decided on this particular model. And can you tell me if I can buy some extra years of warranty on this TV an for how much? Thanks!

Chris

Hi Butzi

The 42PFL9664H is €1619.99 to your goodself, thats after the 10% Philips Shop Boards Discount has been deduted from its regular €1799.99 price

Its getting very hard to source but we have them at the moment.

You can extend the warranty out to 5years for an additional 10% of the purchase price.
    Keep in mind this TV has a 2 year warranty attached to it.

This really is an excellent TV and I have one proudly on display if you'd like to see it in the flesh.

Call on in or buzz me on 01 474 0788 and I'll take you through the ins and outs of the fine TV

Atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

Hi Ashley.

Do you have any info on when you're getting in 3DTVs and if so what kinda price ranges are we looking at?

Cheers.

Hi Gadge

See my new thread on 3D demo evening...

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

Hi Gadge

See my new thread on 3D demo evening...

Cheers
    Ash

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

Hi,

Got sky HD in today so its time to replacement the tv, looking to do it before the world cup, looking for a 37"/40" full hd, 100hz, any ideas??

Hi Iamhere

Your in the right place, thats for sure:D

We will have plenty of choice in the 37/40" range as lots of new models are coming on line over the next few weeks.

We have just recived the new 40PFL5605H 40" LED Edge-Lit LCD TV which is a Full HD, 100Hz 2ms response time TV

have a look at its specs here
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/40pfl5605h_05/40pfl5605h_05_pss_eng.pdf

I have this on display in store so feel free to call on in and check it out.

We sell it for €999.99

If you check out our web site www.philipsshop.ie this will keep you up to date with the latest TV's we have in stock as they arrive into us.

Give me a buzz on 01 474 0788 if you have any questions (or call in)

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭romperstomper

I'm moving away from my previous dell 24" LCD for gaming as I have seen much better looking results in friends houses on 50" LCDs. My questions is what LCD for about the €1K mark? doesn't have to be 50" but its main focus will be gaming so fancy gadgets like mpeg decoding/digital decoder/etc are a distant second behind image quality for gaming. any recommendations? would prefer bricks and mortar to view before I bought. thanks.[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenagoolie

Hi,
    I'm looking for a 42" or 46" Plasman or LED LCD which can handle Freesat and IrishDTT. Ideally it'll have USB record function as well. Any suggestions apart from the TV below?

What's your best price delivered to Dublin for the
    TXP42G20B
    TXP46G20B

Any sign of a price for the
    TXP42V20B
    TXP46V20B

Thanks
    Ronan

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

Hi can i get we're best price on the following, trying to make my mind up on which one;

32PFL5605H

37PFL5405H

40PFL5605H

Thanks

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Iamhere,

PM SENT!

Thanks, Nicola. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenagoolie

Any suggestions on a good 46" LCD or Plasma. Not interested in USB/wifi/DLNA add-ons. Just want a tv with a good picture?

Thanks
    R

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Glenagoolie,

Have a look at the New Philips 46PFL5605H -

http://www.digitalnewsroom.philips.com/factsheet/fs_46_5000_series.pdf

This is a Full HD 100Hz LED LCD TV and is due into us from next week onwards.

I've PM'd you a quote on this,

Thanks a mil. Nicola.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Hoser

Hello

just wondering if you have the PHILIPS 40PFL5605H in stock.

and will the 10% apply to that also?

or could you recommend another 40" led lcd for around 1000 price range.

thank you

• Advertisement

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Hoser,

PM Sent!

Thanks, Nicola. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jamesdonegal

Hi,

I've been looking at getting a new av system, namely the Onkyo sr607. I've also been looking at different speaker options, from floorstanders to the above meantioned bookshelfs. I'm thinking that the best option (financially) at the minute are the wharfedale Diamond 10.1 versus floorstanders around the same price. So..... What can you do for me (need then in Dublin, so cost for that too please)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭davenewt

Hi Ash et. al.

Have just been tv shopping and have seen the Philips 40PFL5605H which seems very impressive, apart from the price tag :) Always the way! Anyway, what's the best you can do for a boardsie who's also owned a philips CRT 32" - and has been v happy with it I might add - for the last 10 years!? :)

Hi Davenewt

It is a nice TV alright!

PM sent

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

I am looking for some advice - I am currently in the process of moving house and looking to upgrade my TV

I have a 40" Full HD Samsung - but am looking for a 46" 100HZ Full HD

Could you give me some recommendations/prices please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Looking for a quote on a basic 32 or 37 tv. Also do you still have those wood tv stands - think one is oak and the other is walnut.

Hi Slipshaney

Good time to upgrade to a larger TV - a new house AND the World Cup coming up....

I have a couple of suggestions for you to have a look at.
    All our 46" are 100Hz and FULL HD TV's plus all now use one form or other of LED backlighting so have very high contrast ratio's

We are expecting these over the next couple of weeks -

First up would be the 46PFL5605H
    This TV has a very good core spec (as you'll see from the spec) and is far superior to its predecessor, the 47PFL5604H, as its now a LED Edge Lit, 100Hz LCD TV oh and it has a 2mns response time compared to 5ms on the older set - all in all it will handle motion with greater ease.
    See spec below
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/46pfl5605h_05/46pfl5605h_05_pss_eng.pdf
    This TV will sell for €1299.99

Next up is the step up model, the 46PFL7605H
    This TV introduces Ambilight Spectra 2 and wired NET TV into the mix plus uses the more powerful Pixel Precise HD image processor
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/46pfl7605h_05/46pfl7605h_05_pss_eng.pdf
    This TV will be priced at €1699.99

After that there is the 46PFL8605H
    This TV is a 200Hz LED Edge Lit LCD TV and uses our most powerful image processing engine - Perfect Pixel HD.
    This TV is also 3D ready to boot.

I expect this TV to be with us in June and will sell for €1999.99.
    At this time Philips have not posted up spec on it

I'll post up on Boards when these TV's start arriving into me.

If you have any questions please phone me on (01) 474 0788 and I'll be more nthan happy to answer them for you.

Thanks for contacting us.

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Kaisr Sose

I collected a few 32PFL5405H last Friday and have a couple left in stock.
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/32pfl5405h_05_pss_eng.pdf

Its a very nice TV and pretty well fully featured as far as basic image tech' goes.

This sells for €599.99

Its bigger bro, the 37PFL5405H iss only €100 more at €699.99

http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/3/37pfl5405h_05/37pfl5405h_05_pss_eng.pdf
    Please note that the spec says contrast ratio of 500000:1 - this is wrong as its actually 100000:1

I expect the 37PFL5405H to be in pretty soon.

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Hi Ash

Parents are looking for a new TV. Can you let me know whether you have any stock left of the 42PFL8404?

Also, whats the best price you can do on them?

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

Hi SK1979

I'm afraid I don't. Every last on has been sold through.

I do have this however, the new 40PFL7605H
    It's a pretty excellent TV

Check it out -
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/40PFL7605h_12_pss_eng.pdf

I have it on display so call on in and have a look see.

I'll send you a price

ATB
    Ash

This discussion has been closed.