If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Philips Shop - New Website

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DaveHeno92

I'm sure you've heard of D.I.D's deal on the 40PFL5605.

The tv, blu ray player and "deluxe" stand for €999.99. :eek:
    I must say it's an impressive deal.

Can you do any better on this price? I would prefer to buy philips equipment at source!

David.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

DaveHeno92 wrote: »
    I'm sure you've heard of D.I.D's deal on the 40PFL5605.

The tv, blu ray player and "deluxe" stand for €999.99. :eek:
    I must say it's an impressive deal.

Can you do any better on this price? I would prefer to buy philips equipment at source!

David.

David,

You are a Boardie - we are Richer Sounds - What do you think?

PM sent ;)

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭rameire

howdy
    can i just turn up with some cash and say im a boardsie get me out of here with a good deal.
    or do you need a pm before hand.

my parents are looking for a 37" tv and most of our tvs have been philips.
    you can see the tv we just got rid of on adverts

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Austin1

Hi There

Can you please pm me with your very best boardie price for a Philips 46PFL5605 plus a Modus beam-thru hi-gloss cabinet(the rectangular one in your window on Dame St).

If this TV is not yet in stock can you give some indication of when they are due?

Thanks in advance

Austin

rameire wrote: »
    howdy
    can i just turn up with some cash and say im a boardsie get me out of here with a good deal.
    or do you need a pm before hand.

my parents are looking for a 37" tv and most of our tvs have been philips.
    you can see the tv we just got rid of on adverts

Rammy,

No problem - you can just turn up - we do love our Boardies - however if you want to turn the screws hard :eek: do always drop me a line before you travel and I will always do my very very bestest for you...;)

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenagoolie

Austin1 wrote: »
    Hi There

Can you please pm me with your very best boardie price for a Philips 46PFL5605 plus a Modus beam-thru hi-gloss cabinet(the rectangular one in your window on Dame St).

If this TV is not yet in stock can you give some indication of when they are due?

Thanks in advance

Austin

Has anyone seen a review of the 5605, the specs look good?

Howdy
    Have had a word from my fogies.
    they are interested in the 37" Philip Tv
    pfl5405h/05

do you have these in stock
    are they an old tv are they about to be replaced
    and if you could then pm me the price i will pay.
    thank you

rameire wrote: »
    Howdy
    Have had a word from my fogies.
    they are interested in the 37" Philip Tv
    pfl5405h/05

do you have these in stock
    are they an old tv are they about to be replaced
    and if you could then pm me the price i will pay.
    thank you

Rammy,

thanks for the post.

No the 37PFL5405h is a branny new model - and very nice it is too with a seriously impressive spec sheet for a sub €700 price point - including 100HZ / 2 Ms refresh rate and 40 watt Audio system.

I have PM'dddd you a Boardie special ;)

Keep me posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc

sounds good
    thank you.
    saw the pm.
    just waiting on a third approval from the old fogies.
    is this available for pickup from the shop on dame street.

just an update.

we will be happy to go with the 37" Philips Tv pfl5405h/05.

can we pick it up from the store on dame street please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Austin1

Austin1 wrote: »
    Hi There

Thanks in advance

Austin

Guys

Still waiting for a reply to my post above. Can you have a look please and revert ASAP?

Cheers

Austin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Niocla on behalf of Ash:

Hey Austin,

Apologies on the delayed resoponse to your post above. I thought you had been taken care of.

Please see PM sent.

Thanks a mil and sorry again, Nicola.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Scobius90

Hi Guys,

What can ye do for the above set assuming they are still in stock? :D

Thanks,
    Ciaran

Hi Scobius90

The 32PFL5404H is history now.
    All sold through

We have its newer and better brother, the 32PFL5405H
    Which as you'll see from the spec is a much better TV all round

http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/32pfl5405h_05_pss_eng.pdf

The key improvements are -
    1080p Full HD TV (5404H was HD ready)
    100Hz / 2ms response time (5404H was 50Hz / 6ms)
    100000:1 contrast ratio (5404H was 50000:1)

This TV sells at €599.99

I should have it back this week

Call in and check it out, we'd be happy to demo it for you.

ATB
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Hey,

I'm looking to get one of these for the kitchen: Philips WAS6050/05 radio
    Saw them in Harvey Norman for 99 euro, can you do better?

Thanks.

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey ScrubsfanChris,

We will always do the best deal for you but the bad news is that we have no stock and Philips no longer make these.

Sorry about that but thanks for the enquiry, Nicola. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Thanks,

Do you have anything like it then?

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

The only item we have in store that is similar (as in can do internet radio) is the MCi-300. This is a great sounding home music system but its retailing at €299.99 so probably going to be a little rich for what you're after.

Thanks a mil, Nicola.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭alan123

Hey,

I am going up north for appliances for the kitchen and planned on getting a couple of tv's. When I Googled the model to see how much I was saving I ended up here and to my surprise you are beating the northern price by a couple of hundred euro!!!!!!

Here what I am after:

a 47" for the family room
    a 32" for the bedroom

I was looking to spend about a grand on the 47" and cheap as possible for the 32" it will just be for lie-in tv! Im not into internet streaming or anything like that so I dont need any fancy nonsense but I do want a good tv for the family room. What do you reccomend? Should I go for better spec 42" for a grand?

Also I have the house wired to so that all the dvds, media player etc are in another room. Can you link me to some sort of room to room transmitter you have so I can press play on the dvd from a different room?

Thanks,

Al

Hi Al

Glad you landed at our door!

OK, the 47" screen size has been replaced by 46" models.
    the 32" are still as popular as ever however:)

I'll start with the big one first.
    We have the 46PFL5605H
    Spec here -
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/46pfl5605h_05/46pfl5605h_05_pss_eng.pdf

This is one of the latest generation of LED backlit LCD TV's from Philips.
    It has pretty much has all the desired core TV spec most people would want -

1080p Full HD (naturally!!)
    100Hz refresh rate
    2ms response time
    fantastic contrast ratio of 500000:1
    MPEG 4 Digital tuner

This TV sells for €1299.99.
    Its also available in 40" screen size for €899.99.

As an alternative to the 46PFL5605H check out this, the 40PFL7605H
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/40pfl7605h_05/40pfl7605h_05_pss_eng.pdf

This is a pretty special TV (and shaping up to be one of the stars of the Philips TV range this year) and builds on the general spec of the 5 series range.
    It's is a very slim LED EDGE LIT LCD TV and uses the very powerful Pixel Precise HD image processing engine.

Its also an Ambilight TV and has NET TV functionality built in.

This TV is a noticable step up in terms of image quality over the 5 series TV's and handles motion with a little more finesse to boot.
    Its WELL worth checking out

This TV retails at €1299.99 (also available in 46" at €1699.99)

For the 32" have a look at the 32PFL5405H
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/32pfl5405h_05_pss_eng.pdf

This TV is pretty similar in spec to the 40/46PFL5605H except it doesnt feature LED backlighting (and therefore has a lower contrast ratio)

This sells for €599.99.

All the above TV's are on display in The Philips Shop and I'd be happy to demo them for you.

Check out www.philipsshop.ie for even more option.

If you see anything that takes you interest let me know and I'll do a good price for you.

Are you looking to send the video signal from your DVD player etc to your TV wirelessly? not really doable at the moment - at least not without a lot of expense and hit in quality.

having said that with the 40PFL7605 you can by a wifi dongle called the PTA01 (€50 - and due soon)
    see here
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/p/pta01_00/pta01_00_pss_eng.pdf

This has something called WIFI MEDIA CONNECT that will let you send pretty much everything thats on your PC to your TV via your Broadband router.
    Might be worth checking out.

If you are looking for something just to send remote control commands check out Maplins - they have something that should do the job.

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement

Thanks Ash,

That 7000 LED guy is awesome. It would be a non runner with the missus at €1700 unfortunately. The 46" is nice but I dont think it has a patch on the 7000 LED. There good deals going on the 47" with some of your competition and where my heart says get the cool TV Ash reccomends my head says get the 47" for half the price (feel free to discourage me by telling me they are the models with the faulty doolally in the flux capacitor or something). I think Ill swing by over the next couple of days and get the demo and you can bamboozle me with your sales pitch!

I dont need wireless just one of those eye guys I reckon from Maplin to transmit the remote signal from one room to the other. Thanks for the advice, Ill drop in.

Al

Hi Al

Please pop in and have a look at them all, they are all on display in store.

These latest TV's all use LED back lighting tech which gives a dramatic boost to the TV's contrast ratio compared to last years models - the difference is clear to see as well.

I'll try my best to twist your arm (with great prices of course:))

What 47" have you seen by the way?

atb
    Ash

This guy... Phillips 47" LCD 47PFL3605H/12

Hi Al

mmm, you can do WAY BETTER THAN THAT!
    Its a VERY basic LCD TV.

The 47PFL3605 does without alot of the niceties you'd want in a TV of that screen size - for instance its not a LED Backlit TV (our other LED back lit TV's have 500000:1 contrast ratio this one only has 50000:1) nor does it use a 100Hz Refresh rate (This is a 50Hz TV - not ideal for a screen of this size) so wont be great with any type of rapid motion

Doesnt uses the PIXEL PLUS image processing engine for that matter either.
    It has pretty limited connectivity as well.

Our 46PFL5605H will blow it out of the water image quality wise, never mind the excellent 46PFL7605!

You really should check out the 46PFL5605 - you wont be happy with the 47PFL3605 after that!

Just my humble opinion:)

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭madmac187

Hi Im looking for a specific model of TV and Im wondering what you can do for me it's the 37'' version. Its the new model 8000 series. Here's the new model number PHILIPS 37PFL8605H.

I was wondering and heard this from a handful of people but can't confirm it does this TV have WIFI?

I'm wondering whats the best you can do for me and a suitable V shaped stand, it will be cash, Pm me if you would prefer??

Hi Madmac187

I have the 37PFL8605H in store, its a wonderful TV:)
    Here's the spec's in case you havent seen it.
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/37pfl8605h_12_pss_eng.pdf

Its not a WiFi TV, it wires into your Broadband router to access the net but with this little optional device, the PTA01, will turn your TV into a WiFi enabled TV and allow wireless access of the net and you can stream pretty much anything on you computer to the TV wirelessly via your router.

This little fella will sell for €49.99

Spec here -
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/p/pta01_00/pta01_00_pss_eng.pdf

I'll pm you a price on the TV and compact stand

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Hi Ash/Nicola,
    I seem to remember you had a couple of nice Phillips universal chargers a while back.
    I would be interested in something that can charge an iPhone 3GS (my priority), a NDS and a PSP and also other USB gadgets. Do you have anything suitable, if not could you let me know you have in the line of chargers.

Thanks,
    Moo

Hi Moolers

I remember them well, we had hundreds!
    Now we have none!

Philips dont make these type of products anymore i'm afraid to report.
    I uses mine quite abit, they were great....(so to rub it in there!!)

Sorry
    ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Jerpointbundie

Hi RicherSounds,

Am new to this site so can you bear with me here, not sure if I'm replying in the right area or what but if I get a response to this then I'll find my way. I was on the phone yesterday looking for an LG 50pk350, to be delivered to Kilkenny. Can you let me know if this is possible thanks, Ian. My mobile number is <SNIP>

• Advertisement

Hi Jerpointbundie

Welcome to our little section of Boards:)

You're in the correct area for all things Richer Sounds and The Philips Shop.

I have had a look on Richers sales system and they are showing the LG 50PK350 as being in stock but you are best calling them on 0044 333 900 0070 at the moment to discuss delivery options (they are missing their Boardie operators at the moment)

Any of the lads that take your call can help you out.

Dont forget to mention that you are a Boardie:)

Any problems let me know

atb
    Ash

This discussion has been closed.