Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny Parade

Options
  • 18-03-2009 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

I was in Dublin and missed the Parade yesterday.

Was it any good and was there anything new going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

Actually the parade wasn't bad, especially in comparison with attempts from recent years (I missed 2008, but 2007 was a shambles).

Interesting that the council weren't involved at all, and that it was a completely volunteer led event this year.

I'm not saying directly that it was better off without the council involvement, but draw your own conclusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

It was the first parade I have been to in years. I found it was entertaining although there were one or two long delays between acts/displays.
    Extreme Pizza gave out free pizza while there were in-parade demonstrations from local GAA clubs and Kilkenny Storm.

You can view the rest of the photos here:
    http://www.onlinekilkenny.com/index.php/2009/03/st-patricks-day-parade-kilkenny-2009/

3363797370_0df54da0d4.jpg

3362984519_28f7827cf9.jpg

3362989003_f8eef121f9.jpg

3364097864_520f43c881.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

3362662299_869e7e784d.jpg
    Damn cowboy bankers!

3363468018_5dbf22b4e8.jpg

3362638315_34be012494.jpg

3362646145_33a71f82f1.jpg

More here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Slideshow Here

I tried to get everyone in, but there might be a slight bias towards O'Loughlin Gaels. ;)

Where did the pipe band jump in? Weren't at the start. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭scatty

hi kleefarr great photos,:) the boys did us proud !!!
    a big thanks to all the coaches from o'loughlins for organising our boys,it was a lovely day and the entertainment in mac Donagh afterwards was a terrific idea we really enjoyed the whole day !!!:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

Thanks for the linky, i see one of my friends in one of the pictures on that site :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Doffaldinho

3362984519_28f7827cf9.jpg

When I seen that pic at first I was like "WTF is that kid stroking" :(

I didn't see the parade I was a bit late getting out of bed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

kleefarr wrote: »
    Slideshow Here

I tried to get everyone in, but there might be a slight bias towards O'Loughlin Gaels. ;)

Where did the pipe band jump in? Weren't at the start. :confused:

Pipe band jumped in at the parade. They looked flustered when they got there like they were mad late or something! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

jiggajt wrote: »
    Pipe band jumped in at the parade. They looked flustered when they got there like they were mad late or something! :D

I was at the start and I heard one of the officials, think it was Sean O'Horgans wife, say they couldn't wait any longer so had better start.
    The young lad with the pipes, on the left of the picture, lives over the road from us and he siad that they were playing in Bagnalstown beforehand. Must have been late getting back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement