Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which games have the best replayability?

Options
  • 18-03-2009 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

For me;

CoD4 – the single player (a few play throughs) the the multi (I've only just stopped playing this after about a solid year).

The Civ games (an obvious pick)

RE4 – I've played it through about 4 times (which is a lot for me).

Fight Night R3 – but only when played against a friend (high hopes for the next edition).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Resident Evil 4 by a country mile, I'd say the number of times that I've played through it must be into double figures by now...
    Looking forward to seeing what kind of extras Resi 5 throws at me once I finish it, but I can't quite see myself playing it anywhere near as much as 4 unless I can find a like minded coop partner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Call of duty. Specifically 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

i must have played through resi 3 at least 10 times to get all teh epilogues... think my record was something like 2hrs 17min

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Marble Blast Ultra - I could play levels over and over (and over) again trying to beat friends' scores, and I wouldn't get sick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

solitaire

• Advertisement

Do you mean replayability in single player or multiplayer?

For me it has to be Fallout 3 (Xbox 360) or Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Xbox 360). Both games have just such a vast area to explore that you keep coming back.

GTA: San Andreas (PS2)- played this for a whole year. Just exploring every patch I could find and always finding something new

Multiplayer-wise:
    Return to Castle Wolfenstein (PC)
    Battlefield 2: Modern Combat (Xbox 360)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Call of Duty 4 is the only game that I've replayed more than twice, most games I play once then they sit on the shelf but I think Killzone 2 is going to have to revisited.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

super mario world....

that ooor...any of the football manager games

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

If we are talking specific games, I would have to say FM series and Wolfenstein: ET. I've sunk countless hours into those games.

*Runs off to reinstall ET*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

KOTOR 1/2

Half Life 1/2

Football manger :)

I played football manager 08 every day for a year, Half Life is always worth a revisit, KOTOR was just purely fun and ya had the various stories to wade through as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Mass Effect,Golden Eye,Pefect Dark,Conkers Bad Fur Day,Halo,Halo 2,Halo 3,most MMORPGs,Timesplitters,Super Smash Bros etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Pro evo is the only game i play again and again

although i got football manager the other day, and im now completely hooked again

got to bed for 2am last night, had work at 6. not a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Some of the answers here seem a little off to me tbh, for me a replayable game is a game of a set length, that after finishing you like so much you start it from the beginning again and again. (Resi 4, Super Metroid, Metroid Prime)
    A game that you keep coming back to dip into, but don't start a new game is just something with great lifespan - (RPGs like Oblivion, GTA, multiplayer....)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Just noticed someone here mentioned KNOTR I & II.

Now while one was a great game with a good twist lots of re-playability II was awful. It clearly wasn't finished and there's whole chunks of the game missing. And the ending is absolutely awful. V.disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Civilisation II. I'm still playing this game since I first came across it back in about 1995 or so. I've played Half-Life alot too.

FEAR was good. You could do a level select and just try and clear it as best as you could, I liked the firefights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Fallout 1/2: you always seem to stumble on something new every time you play and regardless of what type of character you create you can make it to the end.

(my mate once played all of fallout 2 with an INT of 3, his character was so dumb he couldn't speak to other NPCs properly and again as he was so dumb he got taken advantage a lot by NPCs who screwed him out of money and rewards for finishing quests. He could still finish the game though!)

KOTOR 1 wouldn't be top of my list as such: it is a fantastic game and great fun but I would only replay it once or twice with huge gaps in between play throughs. It is a very linear game. That said I did play through it again recently and had a blast.

I also find it funny that I could remember much more of the plot of KOTOR 1 and almost none of KOTOR 2 even though I would have played KOTOR 2 much more recently. KOTOR 1 is much better paced, has a much better story and the gfx are actually better than the sequel in many places!
    (then again handing the game to a different developer and making them rush never ends well.....)

Resi 4 would also get the nod: one of the few games I have bothered to beat on all skill settings.

Alpha Centauri deserves a mention also along with xcom apocalypse and close combat 2/3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Champ/Football Manager. I've lost months of my life to those games.

If I had time to get into it properly, Dwarf Fortress.

The Civs, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Tetris

Still have my old grey gameboy catridge, and even though I'm now playing it on my aging GBA:SP, it still gets carted around with me whenever I'm going on holidays. Usually have it beside the bedstand also to play a few levels before going to sleep some nights.

I'd also go with RE4. It's a pretty long game, that keeps on giving even after you've completed it once with a load of unlockable challenges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

silvine wrote: »
    Just noticed someone here mentioned KNOTR I & II.

Now while one was a great game with a good twist lots of re-playability II was awful. It clearly wasn't finished and there's whole chunks of the game missing. And the ending is absolutely awful. V.disappointing.

I agree the game was unfinished and poorly produced I still found loads of replay time in the game, more than likely had it not been Star Wars I wouldn't have :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Pro Evo or RPGs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Sports.
    Pro Evo, Brian Lara 2007 etc.

GTA's and JRPG's

• Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

All the metal gear solids..Or WWF No Mercy back in the Day

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

farcry too,its great driving around blowing stuff up lighting jungles on fire :D

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

I have played Bioshock through 3 times ( which is a lot for me ) and i am still not bored of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Fifa 09 , im playing it all the time .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭pipeliner

Apart from soccer games, I cannot replay games no matter how good they are. Even if I leave a game down for 2 weeks, it is dead to me. I loved fallout 3 and got near the end, didn't touch it for a while, tried it again and it bored the pants off me.

As bad as this is I still never trade in games, although I know I won't touch them again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

DotA

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

quake 3 for multiplayer wasted pretty much from age 13-16 on that until i dropped it for fulltime CS 1.x

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Diablo 2 - LoD :)

Also: Starcraft Brood War (MP), Civilisation series, Rome: Total War.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Treasure Island Dizzy. One mistake kills you and no saves :( Lost count how many times I kept playing it though. Easily into the hundreds

Advertisement