Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which games have the best replayability?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I think i've been playing counter-strike for almost ten years now :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Oh and Id imagine empire total war will have good replay value...........once they sort out all the bugs that is :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

CoD4 for obvious(multiplayer) reasons,

There are very few, SP games, movies and books that are worth rewatching, rereading and replaying.

Multiplayer games you can play over and over and over, and also games that don't have an ending like from A-to-B, games like Tekken, Tetris....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

peggle

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Dawn of War,Company of Heroes, Football Manager,Oblivion,Morrowind,Fallout 3,Mass Effect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bugle

hands down it would be the original mario kart by SNES. heres no comparison. i still play it happily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Civ 4, Alpha Centauri, System Shock 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Anything with a decent multiplayer. Games like CIV4 are meant to be played over and over as each game is different.

I never play single-player campaigns twice for FPS or RPG games but I'm going to make an exception for Fallout 3.

Also I hear World of Warcraft will have you coming back for more....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

V-rally on the dreamcast, used to compete with my brother doing one course over and over trying to get the best time - must have done it 500 times or more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

SFII

I started pushing 20p pieces into it 15 odd years ago and have bought and rebought so many iterations of it at this stage I've lost count.

Am still playing it today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

for me its gotta be the legend of zelda series, metal gear series and pokemon series. i lost count when i was younger how many times i completed pokemon blue :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Vampire the masquerade bloodlines

Must of played it 12-13 times picked it up on launch day for like 24 euro now thats value for money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Half Life series plus expansion packs and mods.

So many mods :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

silvine wrote: »
    Just noticed someone here mentioned KNOTR I & II.

Now while one was a great game with a good twist lots of re-playability II was awful. It clearly wasn't finished and there's whole chunks of the game missing. And the ending is absolutely awful. V.disappointing.

My favourite part was that
    we see the ship plumett into a gorge (the video is even called "Death of the Ebon Hawk"), and then we see it flying away from the planet at the end :/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Oh, and I must have played Shogun Total War through hundreds of times back in the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

The game iv replayed the most is Final Fantasy 7. Iv replayed that game loads of times over the last decade and i never get tired of it.

Football manager and grand theft auto as well as some RPGs tend to have good replay value.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ya ff7 has great replay value alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Has to be Guitar Hero.

Advertisement