Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

Radio5 wrote: »
    Did Val finally tell Eric then? How did he react?

very calmly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

hollypink wrote: »
    Well about time Val.

What a horrible thing for Brenda to say to Bob about his loss not being the same because Dawn died years ago :(

About time is right! I thought she was going to avoid telling him yet again, at the last minute.

Brenda really annoys me, I know I should feel sorry for her, but I do wish they never started that storyline of her stealing stuff.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

hollypink wrote: »
    What a horrible thing for Brenda to say to Bob about his loss not being the same because Dawn died years ago :(
    That was such a nasty thing to say! What a bitch!
    Poor Bob- when he specified that it's seven and a half years ago and that 'sometimes it seems like it only happened yesterday' I felt so bad for him. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why don't Cain and Moira tell Chas that it is Moira that James has a torch for or is Moira afraid her past with James will come out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Val and Eric will get tested... Val will be clean ... By Eric will be positive!

Because he ... made the beast with two backs with Diane

Who was infected YEARS ago

Yous heard it here first party people!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Val is positive and Eric is clear! Wonder is Diane is going to get tested?

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Val is positive and Eric is clear! Wonder is Diane is going to get tested?

Shouldn't be any need.

When Val was askin Eric why he was being nice to her or wanted to look after her he should've gone for "Because you might only have a few weeks left." :pac:

Couldn't believe the way Val said to Eric that he wasn't strong for her at the clinic when she needed him...she is a wagon.
    I didn't see the full programme, but I gather that Dan told Kerry...Man...about Brenda being the one who was stealing. That will definitely stay secret so :D

The whole way Val has acted from day one in this sorry saga shows what a selfish, deluded, immature, nasty and selfish person she is. The only redeeming feature she has is that she's a little funny from time to time. Horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I must be in a minority because I like Val and the character is very well played by the actress Charlie Hardwick

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I most be in a minority because I like Val and the character is very well played by the actress Charlie Hardwick

No no, she's very well played. The very fact I so enthusiastically dislike the character is nothing but a testament to the skill of the actress. Soap fans love to hate characters. We don't REALLY hate them, it's all part of the fun. It's just a show like. Nothing as damning as a character who is a wallflower.

bazarakus wrote: »
    No no, she's very well played. The very fact I so enthusiastically dislike the character is nothing but a testament to the skill of the actress. Soap fans love to hate characters. We don't REALLY hate them, it's all part of the fun. It's just a show like. Nothing as damning as a character who is a wallflower.

Agree, she is well played. I used to find her funny. She and Eric are well met, in my opinion, and despite everything, they do love one another.
    I know there is nothing funny in the current storyline she has, but I hope we will see her back to her more usual self, in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Agree, she is well played. I used to find her funny. She and Eric are well met, in my opinion, and despite everything, they do love one another.
    I know there is nothing funny in the current storyline she has, but I hope we will see her back to her more usual self, in time.

I agree. Love Val usually but find it hard to get over her behaviour since she found out she could be HIV positive. She has always been selfish but she always seemed to love Eric. She really should have told him once she knew. They weren't together when she was with Ian so it wasn't as if she had to tell Eric about a secret affair at the same time.

Glad Eric is ok and Diane.

I don't know, I think sticking your head in the sand and hoping a problem will go away is a very real reaction for a lot of people.
    Another vote for Val here, certainly a hell of a lot better than that one who is gone now. Rachel. Boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Shocking scenes last night. Debbie smiled. Twice.

Charity has Declan by the short and curlies so she can pretty much do what she wants now with all the businesses and Home Farm. Amazing how she always lands on her feet.

Kerry -man will broadcast the news about Brenda. Probably at Val's party.

Shocking scenes last night. Debbie smiled. Twice.

I demand a recount :D

val is a comedy actor she cant carry a serious storyline cringe worthy

Great twist at the end last night. Didn't expect Eric and Diane to land themselves in it. Thought it might be gormless David who let slip about Eric's infidelity, even if he didn't know who it was with.

Val has no room for taking the high moral ground on this one but I think the fact its Diane rather than some stranger will be her biggest issue.

Nicola and Bernice are heading for trouble with that guy.

Dom is seriously creepy, "losing" the stuff of Gemma's computer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

val is a comedy actor she cant carry a serious storyline cringe worthy

Dont agree. She is a great actress and I think it is an inspired idea to give her this HIV storyline.

Great twist at the end last night. Didn't expect Eric and Diane to land themselves in it. Thought it might be gormless David who let slip about Eric's infidelity, even if he didn't know who it was with.

Val has no room for taking the high moral ground on this one but I think the fact its Diane rather than some stranger will be her biggest issue.

Nicola and Bernice are heading for trouble with that guy.

Dom is seriously creepy, "losing" the stuff of Gemma's computer.

Never thought that he did it on purpose but now that you mention it he does seem over protective of his daughter.

• Advertisement

Whats this about Dom and being creepy, well he's always been a bit chippy (on shoulder type) but I seem to have missed this computer business?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

between brenda and val :mad: im absolutely hating emmerdale atm !!!!!!!!!!!!

val is lucky to sill have eric , why is failing to click with her

and brenda :mad::mad: . . . . i know theres something there but ffs its annoying

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

and val has brought all this on herself, yes she got an awful disease but how she has went on and what she has done , she has done all by herself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Bernice rocking out to Alanis Morissette in the car made me laugh

emmerdale so funny tonight

his last words were I cant feel my legs

he lost his legs ?

no his arms

XD

also Bernice rocking in the car lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Not to mention Kerry and Brenda hiding out in the bin.

It's moreso the idea of them trying to get into the bin I enjoyed moreso than that was the place they chose to hide. You'd need to be fairly sprightly to get yourself in there in the first place.

It's moreso the idea of them trying to get into the bin I enjoyed moreso than that was the place they chose to hide. You'd need to be fairly sprightly to get yourself in there in the first place.

lol was wondering the sam thing how the hell they get in there

Reminds me of a funny story. A criminal in my hometown got caught with two other fellas with loads of drugs at an abandoned factory. They all ran and he hid in a wheelie bin. For 14 hours so the story goes. After all that time he crawled out and the guards caught him. His story was the two other fellas had kidnapped him. When I saw Brenda and Kerrie in the bin tonite I thought of him. TRUE STORY.

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Whats this about Dom and being creepy, well he's always been a bit chippy (on shoulder type) but I seem to have missed this computer business?

He came into the cafe and told Gemma that all her work on her school project was gone from her computer and why hadn't she backed it up. It all looked very convenient for him so he could go and get other people to help her out with the project and look like the good guy.

Last week, Gemma had a date with some guy. When she met him, he told her he wouldn't date her cos she'd had an abortion. Someone texted him and told him about the abortion. Dom accused Sean and Belle of sending the text but I think it was him.

Val is a selfish cow , thats just her character and illness isn't going to change her.

Bernice and Nic were great last night, light relief from all the depressing stories.

• Advertisement

It was funny to see Bernice been the strong one and Nico being afraid to tackle the guy in the loo. Bernice used to be my favourite character when she was in Emmerdale orginally. After all if it wasnt for Bernice we would never have had Diane, Nicola, Rodney, Paul and Val.

I didnt like her when she came back last year but she is flying up the list of my favourite character now. V

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement