Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭lambayire

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    She really annoyed me when she first appeared. She might calm down a bit when her mad crush leaves. Bit embarrassing the way she was throwing herself at Dom, when he was so obviously not interested.

Just wait until she eventually gets it on with Ashley. That will be painfully annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    The policeman who she called by name, called her mam, so she must have been the high enough up in police before she left.

I see. I actually wasn't sure if I had imagined that she called them by name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

I honestly tink they producers/writers were like "eh it's been a month or two and nobody's died...quick! kill someone!"

so daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Chas and Debbie all best pals again, poor Gennie died and no one cares bar robbing brenda

:D:D:D
    bazarakus wrote: »
    Ex-Police Vicar with the people skills of a Shark. Does not like anyone in the Village (routinely takes the mick out of everyone). Started off by usurping Ashley just as he was trying to renovate his career oh and assaulted Sean (a child). She's sarcy, not near as funny as she tinks she is, and has no friends.

what's not to like!

She seriously grigs me shes a head ud just love to punch
    H I Val :p

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I honestly tink they producers/writers were like "eh it's been a month or two and nobody's died...quick! kill someone!"

so daft.

To be honest I think Gemma's death has more to do with giving Belle a decent storyline. I don't think any of us are expected to care about Gemma or Dom.

Eden Taylor-Draper who plays Belle is a very competent young actress, so it's good that she's getting decent storylines and it'll be interesting to see how this whole thing changes Belle's personality.

To be honest I think Gemma's death has more to do with giving Belle a decent storyline. I don't think any of us are expected to care about Gemma or Dom.

Agree, that was my reckoning on it also, it's creating a new storyline about the consequences for Belle. Dom will probably slope off in the fairly near future.

I'm guessing that Lisa will try to shield Zak somewhat, from the truth, because of his health, and Cain will feature shortly, to assist her.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Agree, that was my reckoning on it also, it's creating a new storyline about the consequences for Belle. Dom will probably slope off in the fairly near future.

I'm guessing that Lisa will try to shield Zak somewhat, from the truth, because of his health, and Cain will feature shortly, to assist her.

Wish Lisa would take the rap and end up in juvie. Horrible horrible weapon that she is.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

She should let Belle go to the police. It's not like she did a Cameron and smashed Gemma over the head with a rock!

Posy wrote: »
    She should let Belle go to the police. It's not like she did a Cameron and smashed Gemma over the head with a rock!

She probably will, in the end, but it will play out a bit first, I'd say, with the Dingles circling the wagons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

She probably will, in the end, but it will play out a bit first, I'd say, with the Dingles circling the wagons.

Have missed so much of this lately :( BUT!! You are all keep me well updated so I don't feel I've missed to much really so thanks everyone:D

Posy wrote: »

She won't tho. She's a horrible character Lisa. The way she turned on Rachel the second there was a suggestion she done the fires.

Wish Belle would say she did it.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Have missed so much of this lately :( BUT!! You are all keep me well updated so I don't feel I've missed to much really so thanks everyone:D

Sometimes the threads here are more entertaining than the programmes! :D
    I dip in and out of the Fair City thread but never watch the actual programme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

She won't tho. She's a horrible character Lisa. The way she turned on Rachel the second there was a suggestion she done the fires.

but what do you really think of Lisa........

Cain and Chas discover next week what Belle did and also try to protect her

what qualifications does this kid perceive himself to have. A degree means nothing without experience, especially in an industry like that. Does he expect to come in and triple the profits by waving his results in front of the computer!

Why isn't Declan and Megan working out of their own house instead of the haulage office?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

"H I VAL". I thought that was hilarious, considering the serious subject matter.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The way she turned on Rachel the second there was a suggestion she done the fires.
    I know! Horrible bint. I wish they'd find out soon that it was Charity and Declan, but maybe they're just going to get away with it.
    Does he expect to come in and triple the profits by waving his results in front of the computer!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Wish Lisa would take the rap and end up in juvie. Horrible horrible weapon that she is.
    Cain and Chas discover next week what Belle did and also try to protect her

Them bloody Dingles, especially Ma Lisa :mad:

Expects her daughter to be able to go on as if nothing happened!

• Advertisement

why all the hate for Lisa?? very strange. she just wants to protect her daughter, her very young daughter. she is usually the moral matriarch of the family. i find her character very likeable actually.

I agree, Lisa is trying to protect Belle, in my opinion. I think it's a natural reaction. I also think she turned against Rachel mostly because of how devastated Sam is, by what happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

I agree, Lisa is trying to protect Belle, in my opinion. I think it's a natural reaction. I also think she turned against Rachel mostly because of how devastated Sam is, by what happened.

Of course, Rachel was more believeable as an arsonist rather than Bully Declan,, who always treated Sam and all the Dingles so well, and his sidekick "the pure as driven snow" St. Charity.

Looks like Ross is keen to complete the family "double" asap and get it on with Debbie.

Had to laugh when she told him she didn't want Sarah growing up thinking men could just use women or something like that. :rolleyes: A bit late to be concerned about that given all that Sarah has seen in her young life so far.

Radio5 wrote: »
    Of course, Rachel was more believeable as an arsonist rather than Bully Declan,, who always treated Sam and all the Dingles so well, and his sidekick "the pure as driven snow" St. Charity.

Looks like Ross is keen to complete the family "double" asap and get it on with Debbie.

Had to laugh when she told him she didn't want Sarah growing up thinking men could just use women or something like that. :rolleyes: A bit late to be concerned about that given all that Sarah has seen in her young life so far.

Indeed! I didn't mean that she was more believable as an arsonist, more so that Lisa was naturally protective of Sam, and of course the Dingles will never believe that one of the FAMILY (Charity) did the dirt on another.
    I laughed at that line too from Debbie.

val is comedy gold she was funny last night on the pole and also tonight

why all the hate for Lisa?? very strange. she just wants to protect her daughter, her very young daughter. she is usually the moral matriarch of the family. i find her character very likeable actually.

She's a horrible bully who dropped Rachel like a hot bag of sick the moment there was a question about her. She's nice but has the most horrible, bullying side if she is not getting her own way. She's just awful.

She's a horrible bully who dropped Rachel like a hot bag of sick the moment there was a question about her. She's nice but has the most horrible, bullying side if she is not getting her own way. She's just awful.

Your message has all the tones of a bully to be honest. Anyway chill out, shes a character in a fictional soap!!

ps, i dont think Lisa had any relationship with Rachel, i think it was Sam. Thats Sam, her half simple stepson who she loves and has always protected and knows inside out and knows he wouldnt start a fire. She was always going to do everything to protect him.
    It is easy for us a s viewers to say that Lisa was wrong to think Rachel wouldve started the fire when we have seen it from every characters perspective. But Lisa doesnt have emmerdale on her tv so she may have missed that episode.

Also Rachel was a fairly strong suspect from an investigators perspective. Fiery, tempermental, history of criminal acts, angry with Declan, missing when the fire happened. Why wouldnt Lisa have strong suspicions about her possible involvement.

you are being extremely harsh on Lisa

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

Wrecks my head when people say "relax it's just a program" etc. Why bother have a whole thread dedicated to it in that case? Is the sad fun of it not the fact we get so invested in the characters and the story lines?

I rarely even post here but it's just such a cop out of a line.

• Advertisement

CarMe wrote: »
    Wrecks my head when people say "relax it's just a program" etc. Why bother have a whole thread dedicated to it in that case? Is the sad fun of it not the fact we get so invested in the characters and the story lines?

I rarely even post here but it's just such a cop out of a line.

sorry, didnt mean to destroy the illusion!! I was only saying it because this poster has posted a few very vitriolic posts about Lisa Dingle who is, im sorry to say, just a character. I also thought the posts were unmerited to her "character" .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement