Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

Haha just read some of the posts, bazarakus you do seem to have a rather passionate dislike towards poor aul Lisa!

But blasphemy emanresu, tut, just a character!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I like Lisa and think she is the most rational of all the Dingles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Your message has all the tones of a bully to be honest. Anyway chill out, shes a character in a fictional soap!!

Well you certainly turned my arguement around on me so you did! Saying I'M the bully, when I was the one calling Lisa a bully. Very clever and in no small way subtle. Bravo. That certainly has taught me a lesson, socked it to me, left me on the ropes so to speak. Then, the knockout punch, saying it's just a fictional soap. ENOUGH! Here's my towel, flying through the air! I can't take it anymore! You win, you win, please, mercy.

You got the better of me there you did for SURE. So I'M the bully and (bombshell of bombshells) Lisa isn't even real? And Emmerdale is a soap opera. Floored. It's like EVERYTING YOU KNOW IS WRONG. I feel like that doctor in Jurassic Park after they've just been shown the dinos. "We're all running to catch up here". Crazy world.

What bombshell next! Go easy on me. But seriously - what next?!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

Bazarakus you're gas, I think you should write for a soap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I like Lisa and think she is the most rational of all the Dingles

Thats not saying too much in a family that aren't renowned for their rationality!

Still can't believe that the police gave Declan such an easy time after the fire. They were all over him like a rash once Alex's body was found. Then they believed him pretty quickly after Home Farm burnt down, despite the fact he was broke,fairly desperate and had a motive.

They never questioned the selective CCTV footage he managed to "find" and never gave a thought to the fact that he, more than anyone, was in a position to tamper with it so as to suit himself and frame someone else.

I know it was to suit the storyline and Rachel's exit but it was pretty poor all the same.

• Advertisement

Radio5 wrote: »
    Thats not saying too much in a family that aren't renowned for their rationality!

Still can't believe that the police gave Declan such an easy time after the fire. They were all over him like a rash once Alex's body was found. Then they believed him pretty quickly after Home Farm burnt down, despite the fact he was broke,fairly desperate and had a motive.

They never questioned the selective CCTV footage he managed to "find" and never gave a thought to the fact that he, more than anyone, was in a position to tamper with it so as to suit himself and frame someone else.

I know it was to suit the storyline and Rachel's exit but it was pretty poor all the same.

I hope him and Charity are caught out soon maybe now Finn is working for him he seems bright he might twig on :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

bazarakus wrote: »
    Well you certainly turned my arguement around on me so you did! Saying I'M the bully, when I was the one calling Lisa a bully. Very clever and in no small way subtle. Bravo. That certainly has taught me a lesson, socked it to me, left me on the ropes so to speak. Then, the knockout punch, saying it's just a fictional soap. ENOUGH! Here's my towel, flying through the air! I can't take it anymore! You win, you win, please, mercy.

You got the better of me there you did for SURE. So I'M the bully and (bombshell of bombshells) Lisa isn't even real? And Emmerdale is a soap opera. Floored. It's like EVERYTING YOU KNOW IS WRONG. I feel like that doctor in Jurassic Park after they've just been shown the dinos. "We're all running to catch up here". Crazy world.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

yeah, i agree it was very poorly done relative to how the soap has been lat year or so. Id be willing to excuse it though when you compare it the way the other soaps are at the moment, particularly corrie. The actions of Charity particularly bugged me, she is like a completely different character. No way would she of let Sam take the blame, which she was initially planning on doing.
    I tend to shut out when scenes between her and declan appear. They can be so cheesy.

bazarakus wrote: »

heres a bombshell Baz!! Seems Rachel made the decision to leave herself!! It wasnt Lisa!!!

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Emmerdale-star-Gemma-Oaten-m-quitting-Rachel/story-20440552-detail/story.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Quick Interjection From Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-MOD

If ye could take the lover's tiff to pm you two, that'd be aces, because I'm sure no one else cares about the oneupmanship involved in this particular back and forth. Please and Thank You.

;)

• Advertisement

ha! I have no issue! I was just defending Lisa! "characters" have feelings also!

haha! Sam!

funny that debbie's phone managed to survive hen she was drowning in the cellar!! unless she took photos with her and a dead cameron! because she definitely had it with her!! haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

Debbie is so irritating...casually lounging around the house in pjs and full make up :)

Tetra wrote: »
    Debbie is so irritating...casually lounging around the house in pjs and full make up :)

Her and Pete are one of the worse couples ever, zero chemistry and even the actors seem like they don't want to be in the storyline

Finn crushing on Declan is funny :p

Her and Pete are one of the worse couples ever, zero chemistry and even the actors seem like they don't want to be in the storyline

Finn crushing on Declan is funny :p

wonder how far declan will lead him on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Has anyone noticed Debbie always folds her arms across her chest?
    It's like she doesn't know what to do with her hands and I think I read a critic mentioning it before in a magazine.

I take back what I said the other day about her not wearing make-up..as someone else said she is like an oil slick..I just want to swipe her face with a bottle of cleanser!

Donna returns with Marlon's kid

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Ohhh interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I'm going to have to research, to remind myself. I have lost track of some older stories.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I'm going to have to research, to remind myself. I have lost track of some older stories.

Donna was Marlon's wife and Bob's stepdaughter she was Viv and Vic's daughter Kelly and Scott's step sister

Donna was Marlon's wife and Bob's stepdaughter she was Viv and Vic's daughter Kelly and Scott's step sister

She joined the police and had an affair with a colleague who was Paddy's cousin. She moved down South after that and she was mentioned around the time of Viv's demise and off screen funeral.

such a cop out regarding gemmas mam. as if that she would miss the funeral. could of just brought a character in for a couple of episodes

Rhona has made a remarkable recovery, in my opinion, from the state she was in, just a short time ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I love Paddy and Marlon - such a good comedy duo. Paddy answering his mobile during the "Prison Break" and the look Marlon gave him was fantastic.

Also Rhona and Laurel's reaction...
    "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
    "They're not the same pigs?"

:D

I find Paddy and Marlon's "humour" very OTT. They used to be naturally funny but it seems strained and forced now.

such a cop out regarding gemmas mam. as if that she would miss the funeral. could of just brought a character in for a couple of episodes

What????? Let me guess, she is on a cruise. Thats where they usually for other soaps.

What????? Let me guess, she is on a cruise. Thats where they usually for other soaps.

On Emmerdale, they often seem to go to Ireland :D...or is that just the Dingles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Rhona has made a remarkable recovery, in my opinion, from the state she was in, just a short time ago.

Agreed. There is no mention of it at all anymore. I am a recovering alcoholic with two and a half years of sobriety and I still think about my sobriety everyday, and have weekly meetings and sessions with my therapist.

Also, the Paddy-and-Marlon pig episode was boring and unfunny.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement