Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Hope April (and Donna) stay around. April is a great little actress.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Hope April (and Donna) stay around. April is a great little actress.

i like donna also

i like donna also

The scenes with Marlon and Donna were good. Good to see that side of Marlon, the hurt and anger came across as being so real.
    I think April will be a great addition to the show. There are a number of good young actors/ actresses in Emmerdale really. I think Amelia is very good too, and very entertaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Do we know if Bob ever asked Donna who April's dad was or did she just lie to him?

Can't believe that Paddy, Rhona and Laurel are so surprised at Marlon's behaviour. He wasn't exactly the voice of sweet reason over Leo and co going to New Zealand was he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Never could stand Donna..thank God she's only around for 6 months.

I know they've always tried to imply that Paddy is a comedy character but his way of appearing "natural" by stuttering all the time is really irritating.
    It's too over the top to be natural.

Bleh, I couldn't even tell you who I like in Emmerdale-too many of them annoy me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

fussyonion wrote: »
    I know they've always tried to imply that Paddy is a comedy character but his way of appearing "natural" by stuttering all the time is really irritating.

I know a couple of people with stutters, speech impedements and nervous tics, and I don't think Paddy's stutter is in any way over the top - lots of people have it far worse. To be honest, I hardly even notice it with Paddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I know a couple of people with stutters, speech impedements and nervous tics, and I don't think Paddy's stutter is in any way over the top - lots of people have it far worse. To be honest, I hardly even notice it with Paddy.

He doesn't have it in real life so I find it offensive if the writers have made him have it so that it looks like he's ad-libbing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

He doesn't have it in real life so I find it offensive if the writers have made him have it so that it looks like he's ad-libbing.

But, that's what acting is. Playing a part different to how you are in real life. Do you find it offensive every time someone play a racist or a homophobe on screen even if they aren't those things in real life?
    You truly are a fussy onion... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Donna date Andy or Robert too before Marlon?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Donna date Andy or Robert too before Marlon?

Don't think she was ever involved with Andy (as Andy's dad Billy killed Donna's dad Vic), but I think they became friends.

She dated Mark Reynalds, Robert Sugden and Danny Daggert before Marlon (and think she might have had something with Max King before he died too, but they may just have been good friends)

• Advertisement

Don't think she was ever involved with Andy (as Andy's dad Billy killed Donna's dad Vic), but I think they became friends.

She dated Mark Reynalds, Robert Sugden and Danny Daggert before Marlon (and think she might have had something with Max King before he died too, but they may just have been good friends)

Did Robert cheat on her with Katie?

Good chance. They were together around the same time as the whole Robert/Katie/Andy thing was going on, but the only thing I distinctly remember about Robert and Donna being together was when he gave her Chlamydia

Bleh, I couldn't even tell you who I like in Emmerdale-too many of them annoy me.

Paddy does my head in. He doesn't do emotion, just lots of face twisting :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Add me to the 'I Hate Paddy' club. I honestly can't tell if he's a really, really terrible character or just a really, really bad actor.

robert had an affair with sadie thats what i remeber

he was freaking fit also :D

pic05.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Next week..
    Belle is charged with murder. Val's HIV issue goes viral on the internet

dixiedan wrote: »
    Next week..
    Belle is charged with murder. Val's HIV issue goes viral on the internet

why would
    val hiv go viral
    ?

I laughed tonight when Debbie took what Ross said to her about Pete, as gospel, and gave Pete no chance to say anything. She must surely know, at this stage that Ross is capable of lying, and generally acting the maggot :D

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I laughed tonight when Debbie took what Ross said to her about Pete, as gospel, and gave Pete no chance to say anything. She must surely know, at this stage that Ross is capable of lying, and generally acting the maggot :D

Debbie wants Ross not Pete it is obvious

Noah is a chip off the old block (Charity) going into business with Jakey :p

Debbie wants Ross not Pete it is obvious

Noah is a chip off the old block (Charity) going into business with Jakey :p

Totally obvious.

• Advertisement

chairty needs to stop wining all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭peewee_44

Im so bored with Charity and Declan. I jope Jimmy and Nicola take them down.

chairty needs to stop wining all the time

Jimmy should tell all to Jai and his dad

Jimmy should tell all to Jai and his dad

jimmy could invest and work for the sweet company

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

sorry i really tried to think what the mother of marlons child did on him :mad: could someone let me know

A V A wrote: »
    sorry i really tried to think what the mother of marlons child did on him :mad: could someone let me know

her name is donna

back then donna became a cop and her partner on the force was a black guy (i cannot remeber his name)

when marlon found out he left her and she left alone and she tried to get his back but marlon told him trisha was the love of his life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

her name is donna

back then donna became a cop and her partner on the force was a black guy (i cannot remeber his name)

when marlon found out he left her and she left alone and she tried to get his back but marlon told him trisha was the love of his life

The partner was Ross Kirk, Paddy's cousin. Donna had an affair with Ross.

There are a couple if stories that need to move on, at this stage, in my opinion.
    Belle, for one, just do it, and get it over with.
    I'm tired of Ross and Debbie giving yearning looks at one another. Same advice as above :D.
    I hope that Charity doesn't get away with her tricks...for a change. She seems to get away with everything lately, and even though I don't like Jai, I don't want Jimmy or Rishi to be tricked by her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Charity is a Dingle. It is compulsory that they can get away with pretty much anything like fraud, murder, arson, aiding and abetting murderers, selling dodgy booze, cars etc etc.

It was a bit unbeliveable that Rishi, a supposedly canny businessman, didn't see Charity's true colours when he first invested in the company. She was busy very openly bullying Rodney and Edna out of their jobs. Plus she had something of a track record with wealthy husbands/lovers Chris Tate, Tom King etc.

Does Debbie know that Ross has already had a one night stand with her mother?

• Advertisement

Radio5 wrote: »
    Charity is a Dingle. It is compulsory that they can get away with pretty much anything like fraud, murder, arson, aiding and abetting murderers, selling dodgy booze, cars etc etc.

It was a bit unbeliveable that Rishi, a supposedly canny businessman, didn't see Charity's true colours when he first invested in the company. She was busy very openly bullying Rodney and Edna out of their jobs. Plus she had something of a track record with wealthy husbands/lovers Chris Tate, Tom King etc.

Does Debbie know that Ross has already had a one night stand with her mother?
    True, although she broke 'The Dingle Code' re Sam :D, so, fingers crossed.

True, re Rishi. It also seemed a bit unbelievable that she could just shred up documents, tell a few tall tales, and all was sorted, in her favour, until Jimmy inconveniently reappeared.
    I wondered the same re Debbie knowing about Charity and Ross.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement