Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

oh i like the idea of that or may they just slept together does it have to be rape

maybe consensual ?

that would be a horrible idea. And very non believable

Sinead Mc1 wrote: »
    That'd be mad alright. Still, stranger things have happened in real life. Would really admire Emmerdale if they'd the balls to go there.
    I like the idea of it being rape (that sounds weird) but I don't see how Megan would be such a support to Declan if thats true. When she arrived first she was all "hey bro". Can't imagine she'd be that forgiving. That being said there is a slightly strange undercurrent between the 2 which should be explored. Maybe a history of abuse from a relative or something.

Grotesque storyline, sorry.

that would be a horrible idea. And very non believable

incest does happen you know

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    As far as I remember' Debbie was supposed to be looking after Cameron's boys when they ran away. Moira was out looking for them when she miscarried. Wasn't Debbie's fault really.

oh yeah thanks for that

incest does happen you know

If it does it is very rare, especially in civilised societies. Anyway, my point is it is a horrible storyline and would destroy the 3 characters involved.
    If you like the idea of it, though, thats your opinion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

If it does it is very rare, especially in civilised societies. Anyway, my point is it is a horrible storyline and would destroy the 3 characters involved.

Many civilised people are victims of incestrial rape.

Many civilised people are victims of incestrial rape.

and some is consensual

it was JP Liz V1 who brought it up :P

sorry JP Liz V1 i threw you under the bus

Anyway are Cain & Charity not related?

Anyway are Cain & Charity not related?

cousins

• Advertisement

Thats Emmerdale ruined for you Emanresu, sorry! ;-)

Thats Emmerdale ruined for you Emanresu, sorry! ;-)

The Dingles

sure Charity has sex with Marlon also :D

"plays hillbilly music"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Well the Dingles are inclined to keep it in the family by times..so rumour has it :)

Its a horrible road to down with these characters, and as I said very non believable. The Dingle story is "believable" although I thought Marlons character hooking up with Charity didnt quite sit well.
    Yes incest happens, but the relationship between Megan and Declan would make an incestuous affair/rape story very hard to believe. Also the fact that Robbie has not once been mentioned in this context between them would just be a cheap, and as I keep reiterating non credible story. I know soaps go off the radar of believability with stories, some predictably so (it was as clear as day that James would be revealed as Adam's father eventually, from day he arrived) but I really think Emmerdale writers know, given the respective characters involved, that this story would just be ridiculous, not to mention a horrible story for 7pm viewing time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

That'd be mad alright. Still, stranger things have happened in real life. Would really admire Emmerdale if they'd the balls to go there.
    I like the idea of it being rape (that sounds weird) but I don't see how Megan would be such a support to Declan if thats true. When she arrived first she was all "hey bro". Can't imagine she'd be that forgiving. That being said there is a slightly strange undercurrent between the 2 which should be explored. Maybe a history of abuse from a relative or something.

Maybe she has repressed the memory sometimes that can happen
    The Dingles

sure Charity has sex with Marlon also :D

"plays hillbilly music"

Thinking of the Beverly Hillbillies now ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Something tells me Cain is not fooled for one second by Ross and Donna's tales. It's that look he gives, while saying nothing, that says it all. :D

aw little leo the baby with down syndrome is such a smiley baby awwww always have a big grin on his face he is adorable :)

loving Kerry she so funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,333 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

it was JP Liz V1 who brought it up :P

sorry JP Liz V1 i threw you under the bus

No probs but I do still think Declan is Robbie's father though, Declan wants a child and after all his clashes and problems with Robbie, I think it will come out that he is his father, perhaps Declan didn't rape Megan maybe it was just a sick twisted relationship :p

BTW also are Declan and Megan real full siblings or step or half?

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    No probs but I do still think Declan is Robbie's father though, Declan wants a child and after all his clashes and problems with Robbie, I think it will come out that he is his father, perhaps Declan didn't rape Megan maybe it was just a sick twisted relationship :p

BTW also are Declan and Megan real full siblings or step or half?

Now that you mention it, I feel like they're half siblings. Edit: This is correct, from wikipedia "Declan's half-sister, Megan Macey (Gaynor Faye) later arrives in the village to become partners with Declan in his business to which, at first, he declines to but later agrees to go into partnership with her."

All this talk of Robbie being Declan's son is far too risque for Emmerdale I think. In fairness they are quite progressive as far as soaps go, but that sort of thing, I really doubt! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

No probs but I do still think Declan is Robbie's father

id like to see Robbie go for the rail because nobody wants him or loves him we see it already but he easily brishes it off

he already has a friend in Finn and i hope he will be friends with Aaron thought a straight guy and his only friends are 2 gay guys didnt make me laugh :D

any who Delcan will be the one to save him telling me he is sorry for everything that has happened and that he wants to be a proper family

like how Jack & Vera treated Tyrone as there son

I wonder could Leyla's married man be Declan

I wonder could Leyla's married man be Declan

would Charity reveal come out that quick ?

there was me thinking it would be a Christmas Day reveal

Some good stories ahead.

Just catching up today. Moira wouldn't be one of my favourite characters, but she had a great line there to Chas...'I'm no angel, but neither are you'. :D

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Just catching up today. Moira wouldn't be one of my favourite characters, but she had a great line there to Chas...'I'm no angel, but neither are you'. :D

But Chas never painted herself as one whereas Moira did since she first arrived imo :mad: as a loving wife to John yet cheated on him with Cain and also John's own brother

If you cant tell I really don't like Moira

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

But Chas never painted herself as one whereas Moira did since she first arrived imo :mad: as a loving wife to John yet cheated on him with Cain and also John's own brother

Don't like either of the pair. Lock them both in the cellar and be done with them. :D

It just amused me. :D I'm not sure any of them, male of female, in the programme could be described as angels. I didn't really watch around the time Moira arrived in it etc, so I only know her history from stuff that is said now.

Not a fan of Moira either.

aw little leo the baby with down syndrome is such a smiley baby awwww always have a big grin on his face he is adorable :)

loving Kerry she so funny

Aww, Leo is a lovely little guy. I couldn't remember ever seeing him before, just maybe bundled up in a blanket, or reference being made to putting him to bed/ being in bed, and suchlike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Loved tonights episodes , mainly the scenes with Eric , Rodney , Zach and Cain . thought it was brilliant for them to have some strong , powerful lines tbh . :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement