Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

No problem :).
    Agreed re Donna, it was just that she seemed to snap back into being really strong, plus she looks very healthy to me!
    Having said that, I think the scenes with her and Ross are very good, and it's so heart breaking, seeing little April, and knowing Donna will soon be gone.

Yes, Megan is hoping, I presume, to put temptation in Charity's way. She said something about him treating women badly, after she got the call from him, then said, hmmm, I wonder what Charity is doing.
    That's ringing a bell, I think, for me also, must do a bit of searching. I used to watch it back then too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,334 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Charity Macey looks set to be at the centre of the soap's biggest storyline this autumn.

Speaking at an Emmerdale press event today (August 11), series producer Kate Oates confirmed that she has big plans for the ruthless character.

Autumn is expected to be another dramatic time for the village, following in the tradition of Carl King's murder in October 2012 and the Woolpack siege and flood in October 2013.

Hinting at what's in store this year, Oates explained: "It is definitely going to be a big autumn. Obviously we've got a short tradition now of trying to go really, really big in the autumn.

"I've said before and I stand by it, that I don't necessarily want to get us into a place where we're tying ourselves in knots trying to do a stunt every October, because then it stops becoming about story and starts becoming about being in competition with yourself.

"But we have got a massive storyline coming up in the autumn, and it may be Charity in the firing line this time! You'll just have to see what happens there."

Fans have been waiting for a comeuppance for Charity ever since she started the year by teaming up with Declan to frame Rachel Breckle for the Christmas fire at Home Farm.

She also recently shocked fans by faking a miscarriage to fool Declan after she had secretly terminated her pregnancy.

^^ looking forward to these storylines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Am I the only one finding this painful watching tonight , knowing what's coming up??:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Couldnt think of anyone worse than adam to have as my lookout

• Advertisement

Why oh why does she not just tell Ross:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I hadnt read spoilers. That was shocking!

oh my good poor Donna killed herself by jumping of the building so sad :(

what an amazing second half tonight the acting everything was so good it like a movie

Donna was such an amazing character even though she killed Gary

Aaron return was pretty meh

oh my good poor Donna killed herself by jumping of the building so sad :(

what an amazing second half tonight the acting everything was so good it like a movie

Donna was such an amazing character even though she killed Gary

Aaron return was pretty meh

Great twist, that she did that!

LynnGrace wrote: »

Don't really know how I thought her exit would pan out , shoot-out maybe, but didn't expect that ending at all.

Really really for sorry for Ross though tbh, how's he going to feel when he finds out she was dying :(

• Advertisement

i forgot she did it for April

Did Donna tell Ross she loved him, I couldn't hear?

What was in the pictures Gary wanted, I assumed it was him with a child so Donna killed herself and an abuser to protect her daughter April

I had to lol when Adam offered Aaron a go with his mother Moira

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Don't really know how I thought her exit would pan out , shoot-out maybe, but didn't expect that ending at all.

Really really for sorry for Ross though tbh, how's he going to feel when he finds out she was dying :(

I was the same, I thought she might get shot, or else collapse and die. It was a brilliant twist that she killed Gary North in the process.
    Ross was brilliant, he looked well as a cop! He is going to be in bits when he finds out, I'd say.
    (Then in true soap style, he will probably have a new woman in no time!):D

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Donna tell Ross she loved him, I couldn't hear?

What was in the pictures Gary wanted, I assumed it was him with a child so Donna killed herself and an abuser to protect her daughter April

I had to lol when Adam offered Aaron a go with his mother Moira

Yep , she told him she loved him.. I was thinking on the same lines as you regarding the pictures , God Adam really is coming out with some lines. Still don't like him though :)

I was the same, I thought she might get shot, or else collapse and die. It was a brilliant twist that she killed Gary North in the process.
    Ross was brilliant, he looked well as a cop! He is going to be in bits when he finds out, I'd say.
    (Then in true soap style, he will probably have a new woman in no time!):D

Debbie

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Debbie

Please no !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

Holy moly, after reading the spoilers I thought she was going to die when she was trying to get into the safe. I got really confused when they got away!
    Brilliant episode, one of the best

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Please no !!!!

Obvious she wants Ross bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

Great episode, Donna deserves an award for the part she played. I'm glad Gary is dead, awful creepy twist with the photos and to think he was talking to April in the Café only a few weeks previous. Feel sorry for Ross though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Great ending. Fantastic way to go out. Glad she admitted to Ross that she loved him - I think when he finds out she was dying it'll help him understand, but he's gonna be pissed.

• Advertisement

Great ending. Fantastic way to go out. Glad she admitted to Ross that she loved him - I think when he finds out she was dying it'll help him understand, but he's gonna be pissed.

Twas brilliant, a heroic way to go, because she killed him, the evil yoke, in the process.
    Corrie have no clue about dramatic exits, compared to Emmerdale!
    I think Ross will lose the head , when he finds out, though I'm glad she told him that she had been lying when she said she didn't care about him earlier. Way to go, Donna! Class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Fantastic episode. Love Ross will happily give him a shoulder to cry on ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Emmerdale was number 1 tonight
    Donna (Verity) deserves recognition :) poor Ross and we all know Marlon
    and Laurel will shower April with love.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

Sure I'm only traumatised after watching that. Poor Ross. Oh god poor poor Ross.

I really did think the whole Aaron thing was crap too. It was such a non-event. And Adam's just a little fool, why didn't he ram the car as soon as yerman got into it? absolutely what I would have done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Ross in uniform. Dat face!! #tapthat

Aaron!!! Oh my god. What a ridey episode!!

Poor Ross! :(

if last episode does not win at the soap awards ill rage amazing to all involved ah poor Donna so tragic :(

Just had a horrible thought ; is poor Ross going to get the blame for Donnas death ?? I'm sure some of the villagers will be very doubtful that they had a relationship , I'm sure the backlash and accusations will come thick and fast for him :(

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement