Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,337 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ross better be back soon

Finn and Ross scene was good as was Ross scenes with Bob - "Back in the saddle" :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I hope Hot Grieving Ross comes back soon. I've heard the actor is going to be off for about 2 months. :(

Posy wrote: »
    I hope Hot Grieving Ross comes back soon. I've heard the actor is going to be off for about 2 months. :(

I think Ross will return with their mother so

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ross better be back soon

Finn and Ross scene was good as was Ross scenes with Bob - "Back in the saddle" :p

I really liked the scene between Bob and Ross. Both of them sharing their thoughts
    about someone whom they both had loved very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

brooke 2 wrote: »
    I really liked the scene between Bob and Ross. Both of them sharing their thoughts
    about someone whom they both had loved very much.

Me too. I felt sorry for both of them, when Ross said why could she not tell me. Poor Bob, same question.
    When Bob gave Ross the coffee last night, and then, as Bob walked away, there was a really bleak expression on his face, despite him pretending a minute before, to be happy and jolly.
    They are both very good characters, very realistic, in their grief for Donna.

• Advertisement

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Me too. I felt sorry for both of them, when Ross said why could she not tell me. Poor Bob, same question.
    When Bob gave Ross the coffee last night, and then, as Bob walked away, there was a really bleak expression on his face, despite him pretending a minute before, to be happy and jolly.
    They are both very good characters, very realistic, in their grief for Donna.

It was a very moving scene, well done by both actors. In spite of myself, I find I am growing to like Ross! Have to keep reminding myself he has been such a thug!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Totally ridiculous scenes, Megan being arrested and neither her, a supposed savvy businesswoman, nor Jai (standing there with like a spare part) or anyone else does the basic thing which all soap characters do when being arrested - ask someone to phone their solicitor.

A decent solicitor would've had Megan out of there in ten minutes at most. Fingerprints on the wine bottle? She might have bought that bottle of wine or it may have been in Home Farm since she lived there and her prints could be on it for an innocent reason. Zero other conclusive evidence to prove its Megan, just what Charity thinks and says. Which is suddenly 100% credible to the Police, just like her story about the fire at Christmas. Total joke.

Ross has to go because Aaron has to be No. 1 in the dark, broody, misunderstood male category.

His scene visiting Donna's grave was very moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

Radio5 wrote: »
    Totally ridiculous scenes, Megan being arrested and neither her, a supposed savvy businesswoman, nor Jai (standing there with like a spare part) or anyone else does the basic thing which all soap characters do when being arrested - ask someone to phone their solicitor.

A decent solicitor would've had Megan out of there in ten minutes at most. Fingerprints on the wine bottle? She might have bought that bottle of wine or it may have been in Home Farm since she lived there and her prints could be on it for an innocent reason. Zero other conclusive evidence to prove its Megan, just what Charity thinks and says. Which is suddenly 100% credible to the Police, just like her story about the fire at Christmas. Total joke.

I found myself thinking the exact same, it's all purely circumstantial evidence and any solicitor worth their salt would have laughed at it and Megan would have been home with her feet up half an hour later.

She shoulda called Saul :p

:eek:
    Jimmy King has some serious explaining to do when a mystery woman turns up and announces she is expecting his baby.

A visibly pregnant Juliette turns up in the Dales and shocks Jimmy (Nick Miles) and Nicola (Nicola Wheeler) by announcing that Jimmy is her unborn baby's father.

As Juliette goes on to explain how this is the case, it is clear that a shell-shocked Jimmy has some major explaining to do as Nicola demands answers.

It turns out that Jimmy deposited some of his sperm two years ago before having a vasectomy, hoping to cover all bases just in case he wanted another child in the future, but it was accidentally donated to Juliette following a mix-up at the clinic.

Jimmy feels sad when an unknowing Juliette tells him she will be calling the baby Carl and explains that all she needs is a signature from him to forget the child forever.

As Juliette leaves, an angry Nicola confronts Jimmy before storming off, but when Jimmy catches up with her, Nicola is taken aback by just how upset he is. How will Jimmy cope with not seeing his baby?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

:eek:
    Jimmy King has some serious explaining to do when a mystery woman turns up and announces she is expecting his baby.

A visibly pregnant Juliette turns up in the Dales and shocks Jimmy (Nick Miles) and Nicola (Nicola Wheeler) by announcing that Jimmy is her unborn baby's father.

As Juliette goes on to explain how this is the case, it is clear that a shell-shocked Jimmy has some major explaining to do as Nicola demands answers.

It turns out that Jimmy deposited some of his sperm two years ago before having a vasectomy, hoping to cover all bases just in case he wanted another child in the future, but it was accidentally donated to Juliette following a mix-up at the clinic.

Jimmy feels sad when an unknowing Juliette tells him she will be calling the baby Carl and explains that all she needs is a signature from him to forget the child forever.

As Juliette leaves, an angry Nicola confronts Jimmy before storming off, but when Jimmy catches up with her, Nicola is taken aback by just how upset he is. How will Jimmy cope with not seeing his baby?

What a ridiculous storyline! Jimmy could sue that clinic for its worth. I know its a soap but this is idiptic! Thete is also no way private client info would be released so this juliette woman would never be able to find Jimmy in the teal world. If its a comedy story its even worse???

Sigh. .

• Advertisement

What a ridiculous storyline! Jimmy could sue that clinic for its worth. I know its a soap but this is idiptic! Thete is also no way private client info would be released so this juliette woman would never be able to find Jimmy in the teal world. If its a comedy story its even worse???

Sigh. .

Ridiculous storyline! :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That sounds completely ludicrous! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Didn't do the whole surprise kid with Kelly?

Didn't do the whole surprise kid with Kelly?

yes he had a son with Kelly

brooke 2 wrote: »
    It was a very moving scene, well done by both actors. In spite of myself, I find I am growing to like Ross! Have to keep reminding myself he has been such a thug!! :(

Like Cain you have to love Ross too no matter how much of a thug he is :p

Ross is no way a thug he lashing out for daddies attention he is such a softie

I can see him returning changing his ways

True. I really liked seeing the vulnerable side of Ross in the Donna storyline, and some of the scenes of him with April, especially after Donna's death were very touching.

There is a lot of good in Cain, even though he is such a tough guy. I don't know sometimes how he gets a days work done with all the situations he has to sort out. :D. He is definitely my favourite character.

Emma Atkins who plays Charity said in a interview she loves playing her character take that as you please hopefully she will stick around

Emma Atkins who plays Charity said in a interview she loves playing her character take that as you please hopefully she will stick around

That could mean she is leaving :( I hope not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Anyone else want to slap Lauren when she said April just turned up perhaps they should tell her to move out. Ok I know she said she didn't mean it and was just proving a point but comparing a 5yr old to a grown man shows just how pathetic the character is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 ruby37

Nicola must be the only secretary to be got in the place!

ruby37 wrote: »

I had the same thought. A while back, she was begging Declan for her job back, as far as I remember.
    I did enjoy her walking out on Jai though. One, two, three...:D

ruby37 wrote: »

Jai could hire Finn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Well I"m glad I don't have to eat my hat :D

Moira is an irritating bastard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Moira is an irritating bastard.

Could not have put it better myself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

She was hot back in the day

I have a feeling poor Robbie will die just as Megan and him are finally getting close and having a proper mother/son relationship

Moira is a wagon the stupid b*tch she should shut up her Adam is guilty how the hell does Cain put up with her he deserves better :mad:

I hate to say it, but I laughed at some parts tonight :D
    I'd say Declan will get that wrench cracked across his head yet! Will Cain come to the rescue, he usually does!

• Advertisement

loved the sexual innuendo tonight between Diane & Doug

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement