Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

David & Alicia are a great couple on Emmerdale

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

To be honest i dont think he looks a bit like him. Perhaps with the longer hair maybe but not currently.

Yeah I don't see a massive resemblance either. They even have different shaped faces.

Remind me never to eat in the woolpack there was a dog in kitchen the other day & Victoria & Adam had sex also

Can Adam shave that silly beard if he thinks he look older then he is wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Very poor episode last nite. Hopefully tonight will be a bit better.

Pretty much everyone looked bored during the hospital scenes. Then again when you've had as many hospital vigils as the Dingles and Mrs Barton Dingle have, it must be difficult to muster up any enthusiasm at all.

You couldnt blame the Bartons mother for walking out on them really, she must have been 6 when she had Finn :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Is there no repeats during the day at all now?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

You couldnt blame the Bartons mother for walking out on them really, she must have been 6 when she had Finn :pac:

Who's the oldest son, Pete? Seriously , there's no way she could be his mother!!

I know someone will come back and say the actress is so many yrs old and Pete's so many yrs old, but he looks wrong cast as her son. Imo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,807 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Even Ross was throwing eyes at his mammy, she really looks their age

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

She mentioned that Pete was 12 when she left (if I picked it up correctly) and he said she was gone for two decades, making him about 32 now. So the mother would have to be pushing 50 for all to match up - she looks far too young for that!

I hope annoying Moira gets a slap off Emma too

• Advertisement

Damn Emmerdale that Ending was good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

Damn Emmerdale that Ending was good

what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

what happened?

The mother who had abandoned her husband James, Pete, Ross and Finn - the other Mrs Barton (not Moira) who Finn managed to meet recently. Then tonite Pete & Ross agree to accompany Finn to the gay bar, Bar West and who bumps into them after Ross gets into a situation but this young looking lady who offered to treat his wounds after getting a dig from another bloke for sitting on his scarf! In the meantime Ross & Pete are unaware who the lady is until Finn comes back with the drinks at the bar and says oh Hi Mum! I'm sorry I did not reply to your phone calls...She said I understand and I worked out you are prob GAY and have been frequenting these 2 gay bars nearby in the hope of meeting. The lads are annoyed and Pete stormed out but Ross & Finn invite her back to Ross's place for a chat and she explained that she often went to watch the boys in school plays/matches over the years and showed a photo and Ross was shocked! He then said he understands why she fought with the father and that she was right about his affair with Moira as they did actually have a son from that relationship (Adam). She had for many years blamed herself for getting the affair idea all wrong but when Ross confirmed it she left and headed to the Woolpack and when she met James, she gave him such a clatter!! Show ended at this point!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

To be honest, I'm beginning to tire of seeing Charity's black pregnancy hiding coat. Give her a new outdoor garment please!

Gee_G wrote: »
    Is there no repeats during the day at all now?

Emmerdale moved from TV3 over to UTV Ireland as of 01/01/2015.
    Since UTV Ireland took the show, I understand that all Repeat episodes of Emmerdale are now shown back to back (i.e.) six episodes in a row) on Saturday afternoons from around 1:25pm onwards

The mother who had abandoned her husband James, Pete, Ross and Finn - the other Mrs Barton (not Moira) who Finn managed to meet recently. Then tonite Pete & Ross agree to accompany Finn to the gay bar, Bar West and who bumps into them after Ross gets into a situation but this young looking lady who offered to treat his wounds after getting a dig from another bloke for sitting on his scarf! In the meantime Ross & Pete are unaware who the lady is until Finn comes back with the drinks at the bar and says oh Hi Mum! I'm sorry I did not reply to your phone calls...She said I understand and I worked out you are prob GAY and have been frequenting these 2 gay bars nearby in the hope of meeting. The lads are annoyed and Pete stormed out but Ross & Finn invite her back to Ross's place for a chat and she explained that she often went to watch the boys in school plays/matches over the years and showed a photo and Ross was shocked! He then said he understands why she fought with the father and that she was right about his affair with Moira as they did actually have a son from that relationship (Adam). She had for many years blamed herself for getting the affair idea all wrong but when Ross confirmed it she left and headed to the Woolpack and when she met James, she gave him such a clatter!! Show ended at this point!

oh right. Was expecting something a bit more exciting and shocking. More boring bartons and more mucky Moira on screen...... Yeahy..........

oh right. Was expecting something a bit more exciting and shocking. More boring bartons and more mucky Moira on screen...... Yeahy..........

The most un-convincing actors in Emmerdale right now for me are:

Moira Barton - never found her character all that believable
    David (Eric Pollard's son) - he has good looks - But he is shocking at acting
    Jai Sharma - never found him very convincing as an actor in anything yet
    Marlon Dingle - I can't understand why his character is still in the show

Aaron - seems able to convey complex emotions on screen
    Robert - new one will take time to settle - previous Robert is hard to forget
    Cain - believable at being a tough bloke
    Ross - he's got plenty of acting ability
    James Barton - a bit underused lately - He was great as Charlie in Corrie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Aubrey loves Joe

She must of had the 2 older boys when she was 7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

What's all this talk between the wife and the Barton fella about something happening with Ross? Did something happen with him when he was younger or something?

What's all this talk between the wife and the Barton fella about something happening with Ross? Did something happen with him when he was younger or something?

I think James said she had tried to kill Ross?? I wonder does Pete know and that would explain why he really wants absolutely nothing to do with her?
    Just guessing :D

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I think James said she had tried to kill Ross?? I wonder does Pete know and that would explain why he really wants absolutely nothing to do with her?
    Just guessing :D

let me guess, she tried to drown him in the bath....... next pete will be Finns da i suppose.....

Why would anyone want to kill Ross

I think Emma will be the new nutter in the Dales like Cameron, let's hope she offs Moira, Adam, Pete and James :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I think Emma will be the new nutter in the Dales like Cameron, let's hope she offs Moira, Adam, Pete and James :p

Yeah she does seem sweet & nice and has a bit of a dark side

I think Pete tried to kill Ross & Emma covered for him

Yeah she does seem sweet & nice and has a bit of a dark side

Emma really should have slapped Moira

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oooh, that'd be a good twist.

I thought Ross was the oldest not Pete

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I always assumed it was Pete because he looks about 45. :o

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

There are Portsmouth fans who probably hate Graziano Pelle :)

Enjoyed tonights episodes, glad the Belle storyline came to a head and am interested in seeing how it's dealt with now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Really liked how Zak was treating Belle, so understanding, willing to listen & help.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement