Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Is Katie definitely dead?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 86,804 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Katie definitely dead?

No just really really tired

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    No just really really tired

Sweet Jesus :D

Chas confirmed to be the Sidney Prescott of Emmerdale ;)
    Robert Sugden's problems are far from over on Emmerdale next week as Chas Dingle begins to suspect that he killed Katie.

Since then, Robert has callously gone ahead with his wedding to Chrissie White, leaving his secret lover Aaron Livesy (Danny Miller) to help cover his tracks after telling him a false version of events. Katie's husband Andy has also now found her body at the farm, leaving him devastated.

Next week's Emmerdale episodes pick up directly after Andy's heartbreaking discovery, and word quickly spreads throughout the village that Katie is dead.

News of Katie's demise has a huge impact on her loved ones, but Chas's reaction is a mix of grief and suspicion as she fears that her best friend's death wasn't an accident.

Well aware that Katie and Robert were locked in a bitter feud, Chas (Lucy Pargeter) shares her theory with Aaron and her and ex-partner Paddy Kirk.

Chas's suspicions horrify her son, who immediately jumps to the defence of his on-off lover and reveals their recent affair to both Paddy and Chas.

Robert is furious when he learns of Aaron's confession, but he soon realises that he will need to speak to Chas and Paddy himself before they cause any trouble for his marriage to Chrissie.

An Emmerdale insider teased: "Chas and Paddy are both surprised by what Robert agrees to when he speaks to them, but will it be enough to keep them quiet about the affair? And will Chas be convinced that he didn't kill Katie?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

After everything Aaron goes to the wedding why?

He isn't besties or related to Robert or Chrissie

I laughed when he appeared in the church, dramatic pause, then he just went and sat down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

piperh wrote: »
    I like Victoria but why does she always look like she's raided Bettys wardrobe :-O

Not the first time for poor Vic,on formal occasions they always dress her terribly.

Chrissie's guna was awful too I thought, not suitable for her shape or height.

Val looked well though. She gets some great outfits.

Thought Rodders was pretty heartless the way he dumped Georgia.

The Barton's shouting at each other again. Great new storyline there.:(

Poor Andy. Not often I feel sorry for him but it was so sad at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

Baby4 wrote: »
    I felt that Katie's death (while welcome to most viewers, I'd imagine) was such an anti-climax.

It was building up to Robert walloping her with something blunt, or throwing her down a stairs, or burning her alive, but then... oh no... stupid Katie ignores all the 'warning signs' and gets herself locked into a room, and then... hey presto.. falls through the floor.
    And I totally agree with previous posters regarding Aaron. While I don't think it's outside the realms of possibility that he should fall in love with Robert, I do feel that a clever man like Aaron should NEVER be fooled by Robert's sob story.

The whole thing was a load of balls.
    Aaron to Katie "Rob IS having an affair. Swear. I can prove it. So u go home, wait for a text from me. Come immediately, no matter what. Take a photo of Rob & I kissing. Show it to Chrissie/everyone"
    Why not just tell Katie its u Aaron?
    Why not show everyone one of yout texts from him?
    Why not just set a camara up yourself?
    Why not record one of your many conversations?
    Why did Katie have to be there to take the photo?
    I don't get it. Its just too ridiculous.

Sinead Mc1 wrote: »
    The whole thing was a load of balls.
    Aaron to Katie "Rob IS having an affair. Swear. I can prove it. So u go home, wait for a text from me. Come immediately, no matter what. Take a photo of Rob & I kissing. Show it to Chrissie/everyone"
    Why not just tell Katie its u Aaron?
    Why not show everyone one of yout texts from him?
    Why not just set a camara up yourself?
    Why not record one of your many conversations?
    Why did Katie have to be there to take the photo?
    I don't get it. Its just too ridiculous.

Aaron wanted Robert outed so he could have him all to himself but didn't want to do it himself so was letting Katie do it, coward

Katie should have told Chas that Aaron had proof

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

I think everyone has been given Katie a bit of a hard time. I always liked her character and had a bit of a girl crush on her to be honest! I think the storyline the past few weeks has actually made her look like a stronger character. She sensed that something wasn't right and wouldn't ignore her hunch. I personally will miss her in Emmerdale 😞

ratmouse wrote: »
    I think everyone has been given Katie a bit of a hard time. I always liked her character and had a bit of a girl crush on her to be honest! I think the storyline the past few weeks has actually made her look like a stronger character. She sensed that something wasn't right and wouldn't ignore her hunch. I personally will miss her in Emmerdale 😞

She was too obsessed with Robert, it really was none of her business he was cheating, she wasn't his other half so shouldn't care instead she was acting more like a crazy jealous jilted ex who still wanted him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

She was too obsessed with Robert, it really was none of her business he was cheating, she wasn't his other half so shouldn't care instead she was acting more like a crazy jealous jilted ex who still wanted him

Will still miss her though

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

I'm only catching up now. I don't mean to be picking holes but I do love how Katie magically found a nice headcollar and lead rope to tie the horse up outside wileys barn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Not a fan of Andy in the slightest but found it very sad when he was saying he couldn't let Katie go.

Robert is one bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I don't get why Andy wanted to go back to home farm it makes no sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Baby4 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

i missed the last episode! is that how they did it? :eek: :(

wasn't it Katie that fell through a floor before that left her unable to have children???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

cofy wrote: »

how do you mean?? if you are talking about how he figured she was there, he was trying to call her with no a answer and sam said he saw her up there earlier. just plot devicing really.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz Move on people, its only Katie. Cr*p character

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

how do you mean?? if you are talking about how he figured she was there, he was trying to call her with no a answer and sam said he saw her up there earlier. just plot devicing really.

No I don't get why Andy wanted to go back to homefarm after he had found Katie dead. Why would anyone go back to a wedding if he did not want to be around anyone, is'nt that why he did not want to go to the village with Diane?

Yeah, that was an odd one for me too. I get that he didn't want to go into the village but why would he want to stay with two people his now dead wife had been publicly arguing with.

• Advertisement

No I don't get why Andy wanted to go back to homefarm after he had found Katie dead. Why would anyone go back to a wedding if he did not want to be around anyone, is'nt that why he did not want to go to the village with Diane?

ah, ok. its a terribly devised story, the whole lot if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Badly written episodes.As I said earlier, why would Katie hang around arguing with Robert when she had all the proof she needed of his affair?

Andy asking to go back to Home Farm was just a clumsy way for him to stay around Robert. Chrissie was being a right pain for a while but redeemed herself by sending the cop packing.

Has anyone noticed Aaron being so upset and wondered why? He was hardly Katie's best friend.

Jai is some prat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Radio5 wrote: »
    Not the first time for poor Vic,on formal occasions they always dress her terribly.

Chrissie's guna was awful too I thought, not suitable for her shape or height.

Val looked well though. She gets some great outfits.

Thought Rodders was pretty heartless the way he dumped Georgia.

The Barton's shouting at each other again. Great new storyline there.:(

Poor Andy. Not often I feel sorry for him but it was so sad at the end.

Chrissie's guna was awful! Booby muffin top :(
    ratmouse wrote: »

I loved Katie up to all the Robert ****ology.

Definitely way too obsessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

horsefarm wrote: »
    I'm only catching up now. I don't mean to be picking holes but I do love how Katie magically found a nice headcollar and lead rope to tie the horse up outside wileys barn

I love how she took the time to roll up her stirrups!

Chas your son is way too upset over your best mate Katie will you ask him why FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

Aaron wanted Robert outed so he could have him all to himself but didn't want to do it himself so was letting Katie do it, coward

Katie should have told Chas that Aaron had proof

Ya. That's what I thought he was doing but then he admitted that he texted Katie to come and was in on it. And he did it without much persuasion too. Defeats the purpose a bit. Robs not gonna be any less pissed just because Aaron didn't take the actual photo. He still lured Katie there and therefore played a part in the exposure. Would have made more sense if Aaron appeared shocked that Katie was there or else left her out of it altogether.

You know Robert could be bi-sexual Aaron & Katie kept saying he was gay, did Aaron hurt himself with glass last night ?

You know Robert could be bi-sexual Aaron & Katie kept saying he was gay, did Aaron hurt himself with glass last night ?

I was thinking that myself, he seems to have no problems in the bedroom with Chrissie (we've been shown them sneaking off together a good few times) so I'd agree, I think he probably is bisexual rather than gay.

Aaron has a history of self harming

Andy
    tries to commit suicide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Off topic but Ryan Hawley (Robert) is in Father Brown episode that's on now and doing a half decent American accent ;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement