Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Argh, David is just going to make things worse now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

ShazGV wrote: »
    Argh, David is just going to make things worse now!

100 times worse!

I know David is doing totally the wrong thing but I don't know how he hasn't kicked Lachlan in his face, right in his jaw.

The lad playing Lachlan is doing a great job at being an annoying little sh!t. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Chaz wanting pie was hilarious she wouldn't take her eyes of it

Why was Victoria serving a lunch dish to her family while everyone at the cafe and Home Farm was still having breakfast? I know she was only trying it out but who'd want to sample a pie shortly after their breakfast (apart from Chas!) ?

David has never been the brightest bulb in the factory tbh. He's gone and made things 100% worse now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Dan's brother install it or was he a con artist?

Didn't he say he would of saw Layla a few days ago. She made a joke about I could of robbed the shop and David said I would of saw you on CCTV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

ShazGV wrote: »
    The lad playing Lachlan is doing a great job at being an annoying little sh!t. :p

Totally agree !! David kidnapping him didn't faze him one bit , he stayed calm and cool , serious character he is :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Didn't he say he would of saw Layla a few days ago. She made a joke about I could of robbed the shop and David said I would of saw you on CCTV.

Yep that's exactly what he said. These continuity mistakes annoy me more than they should.

David absolutely did the wrong thing but I can't help but feel that sick little sh!t is getting exactly what he deserves :mad:

BINGO!! AT LAST!

If David hadn't kidnapped Lachlan, everything would be falling into place.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Wonder will Chrissie admit she had doubts about Lachlans innocence all along or continue to be in denial and beat herself up for not noticing earlier ? Be interesting to see how it plays out.

Aw poor David :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,781 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So Ross don't know yet that Carly is Bob's daughter

Poor David felt so bad for him tonight

I am glad Emmerdale is showing when something bad happens to someone if just doesn't affect one person but the hole family.

Also I like that they have a graveyard so past characters can be remembered.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,781 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I like that Aaron is letting his hair grow

David = Worst kidnapper ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I don't think Ross and Carly will end up being a couple, but I really hope they at least become good friends because I think the characters bounce well off each other and they're both quite similar personality wise. Also Michael Parr and Gemma Atkinson are great actors and the more scenes they have together the better if you ask me...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Does anyone know if Paula Tilbrook, the actress who play Betty, is ill or something? I know she took some time off, and the character went on a cruise, but she was supposed to be back in January, then it was March and now it's going to be another while before she comes back.

I hope she's ok and will be back soon enough. She's 85 though, so she might just be taking an extended leave - filming schedules on soaps must be especially tough on the elderly cast members.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Good episodes tonight with some good acting. I like the way they are playing out the affects and reactions of not only Alicia but David and Leyla aa well. Glad Chrissie has copped on but Lawrence suddenly changing his mind from not wanting her to persue it and his questioning of Lachys actions to wanting Chrissie to protect and cover up the little gits actions seemed a bit much.

Why was Andy worried about Pearl minding and implying Vic needed permission. It's Vlcs house so Pearl is no more than a lodger.

Have I missed Sandy doddering about? Don't remember seeing him for weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I thought Eric was very good too, in those scenes, very realistic, especially back at Home Farm, when he defended David, saying 'my son is a good person' etc. As others have said, it showed the effects of the whole thing on the families involved.

Did anyone think Eric gave a very cheery Helllooooo! when he walked into Home Farm when Chrissie and Lawrence were in the kitchen? He definitely didn't sound like he was coming to explain what happened with Lachlan.

I also find the way Lawrence has changed his tune very strange. All along he seemed to just be going with whatever Chrissie thought but now he's gone totally in the opposite direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Maybe Lawrence doesn't want Lachlan to end up in prison like he was when Edna had Him locked up for being gay.

I loved the little rat wet himself and poor Alicia still nice to him

• Advertisement

Maybe Lawrence doesn't want Lachlan to end up in prison like he was when Edna had Him locked up for being gay.

Did that really happen? How long ago?
    I thought the village, particularly Aaron, were just guessing at that, I didn't think it had actually been confirmed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Did that really happen? How long ago?
    I thought the village, particularly Aaron, were just guessing at that, I didn't think it had actually been confirmed?

No he was in prison, Edna reported the affair. Then Lawrence pretended he was dead and Edna lived with that guilt for years

I dont know what to think is Lachlan just a perv or mentally unwell though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Did anyone think Eric gave a very cheery Helllooooo! when he walked into Home Farm when Chrissie and Lawrence were in the kitchen? He definitely didn't sound like he was coming to explain what happened with Lachlan.

I also find the way Lawrence has changed his tune very strange. All along he seemed to just be going with whatever Chrissie thought but now he's gone totally in the opposite direction.

Eric often uses a humourous tone when it's not really appropriate, as he did in some of the hospital scenes with Val the other week. I think it's his way of coping with unpleasant or bad news. His relationship with David is one of the few father/adult son relationships in Emmerdale and it's always well done.

Loved Kerry and her "Moira" impersonation. She is very funny and it's great to see her interacting with other characters like Laurel with whom she has had few enough scenes.

Why did Carly steal a pound for Ross's House. She took a coin and put in her pocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Radio5 wrote: »
    Eric often uses a humourous tone when it's not really appropriate, as he did in some of the hospital scenes with Val the other week. I think it's his way of coping with unpleasant or bad news. His relationship with David is one of the few father/adult son relationships in Emmerdale and it's always well done.

Loved Kerry and her "Moira" impersonation. She is very funny and it's great to see her interacting with other characters like Laurel with whom she has had few enough scenes.

I thought the same about Eric, I thought he was really good, last night, and I liked the fact that David rang him, when he was at rock bottom. Much as I hate the storyline, I do think Thomas Atkinson (Lachie) is playing that part really well. I thought the scenes in the barn were very good. All involved played it very realistically.

Kerry is so funny, I really enjoyed herself and Laurel practising before the party.

Radio5 wrote: »

She was hilarious last night. I hope they involve her a bit more. After all the Amy shenanigans she took a bit of a backseat and just seemed to be one of those characters always in the background but she's very funny so they should use her a bit more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

I dont know what to think is Lachlan just a perv or mentally unwell though ?

Maybe a mentally unwell perv:P

Poor Alicia, so hard to watch her have to explain it all again. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

The actress playing Alicia is playing a blinder. She nearly had me in tears again during today's episode.

Bit of a twist there didn't expect Chrissie to call the cops on her own son. Lucky really doensnt know right from wrong. He is so messed up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement