Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,779 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I don't think Ross and Carly will end up being a couple, but I really hope they at least become good friends because I think the characters bounce well off each other and they're both quite similar personality wise. Also Michael Parr and Gemma Atkinson are great actors and the more scenes they have together the better if you ask me...

I never thought Gemma was a good actress even in Hollyoaks with the self harming storyline

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

God Lawrence is the new Lucky protector. That family are severely disabled

Good man Paddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Good man Paddy!

Could I ask what happened?? My connection went off and the last bit i caught was Robert coming home :mad:

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Could I ask what happened?? My connection went off and the last bit i caught was Robert coming home :mad:

He completely flipped at Pearl and told her she was sacked.

• Advertisement

Thank you .

Don't blame him really , as Pearl saying she had Alzeihmers was an awful thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

God Lawrence is the new Lucky protector. That family are severely disabled

I'm wonder how understanding Lawrence would be if some young teenage lad stalked Chrissy and seriously assaulted her and then his family tried to put the blame onto her? :mad:

Powerful stuff from Paddy tonight. You could feel how betrayed he was by Pearl's actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Radio5 wrote: »
    Powerful stuff from Paddy tonight. You could feel how betrayed he was by Pearl's actions.

I know it's probably an unpopular opinion, but Paddy has always been one of my favourites - I think Dominic Brunt does a brilliant job, especially with all the stuttering and stammering.

I know it's probably an unpopular opinion, but Paddy has always been one of my favourites - I think Dominic Brunt does a brilliant job, especially with all the stuttering and stammering.

Dom is great as Paddy and good to see him doing some dramatic stuff, he is usually used for comedy, he was great on the live show playing drunk and in Aaron's coming outing storyline

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

I love Paddy, I think Dominic Brunt plays a great part whether playing it straight or funny.

I said the same about Lawrence, he has a complete change of direction. Lachlan was released far to quickly.

• Advertisement

Anyone else hoping Laurel would drop the stolen wine walking back out through the bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Dom is great as Paddy and good to see him doing some dramatic stuff, he is usually used for comedy, he was great on the live show playing drunk and in Aaron's coming outing storyline

"Dom"............ woooooooooo look whos friends with the stars!! :D

Anyone else hoping Laurel would drop the stolen wine walking back out through the bar

I have to say I am enjoying the Laurel story. It is very dark and I imagine it is a habit that can develop very problematically for women (and men) living a mundane housewife (husband) day to day life. The actress who plays her is also a lot better than people give her credit for. It is just that her character is very annoying, especially since being paired with Marlon (zero chemistry)

I wonder how dark the story will get. I envisage there is going to be some huge climax?

I have to say I am enjoying the Laurel story. It is very dark and I imagine it is a habit that can develop very problematically for women (and men) living a mundane housewife (husband) day to day life. The actress who plays her is also a lot better than people give her credit for. It is just that her character is very annoying, especially since being paired with Marlon (zero chemistry)

I wonder how dark the story will get. I envisage there is going to be some huge climax?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Laurel lash out and hit April in one of her drunken states, I think part of Laurel resents April as she is Marlon and Donna's daughter

I don't think that's unpopular at all. He's been massively underused for a good while now. Didn't think he was used brilliantly in the Leo storyline either.

Adam Barton has a surprising one-night stand with Vanessa Woodfield next week after his relationship with Victoria Sugden hits the rocks.
    Adam fears that his romance with Victoria is over after she admits that she isn't ready to marry him, which leaves him heartbroken and ready to seek comfort elsewhere

Adam Barton has a surprising one-night stand with Vanessa Woodfield next week after his relationship with Victoria Sugden hits the rocks.
    Adam fears that his romance with Victoria is over after she admits that she isn't ready to marry him, which leaves him heartbroken and ready to seek comfort elsewhere

Proper little cougar is Vanessa aint she?!
    :pac:

Proper little cougar is Vanessa aint she?!
    :pac:

Do you think she will fall preggers?

Moira would love that :p

Do you think she will fall preggers?

Moira would love that :p

She is already battling cancer so do you think they could have a mother sacrificing her own life for the child storyline? After all they done it with Sams deceased wife in the past so its about time it was regurtitated

Betty will be back soon

it will be nice to see her again all I want is a scene where someone tells her all the gossip

• Advertisement

Ah, yeah.................. that was quick.............. Alicia and Chrissie best mates again...........

Pearl ringing the police on herself , priceless :D

Loved Jimmy tonight , great to see him stand up to Nicola and say exactly how he was feeling, really good scene.

Alicia and Chrissie , very powerful without too much dialogue , really nicely done, imo .

Paddy is scary when he roars

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Ah, yeah.................. that was quick.............. Alicia and Chrissie best mates again...........

In all fairness it was to be expected, as well as being stunning Alicia is a nice person who has always shown empathy to others so it stands to reason she would see how difficult a position another parent would be put in.

I find Alicias' attitude better than Lawrences' who doesn't seem to think Lachy needs to accept responsibility for his actions.

piperh wrote: »
    In all fairness it was to be expected, as well as being stunning Alicia is a nice person who has always shown empathy to others so it stands to reason she would see how difficult a position another parent would be put in.

I find Alicias' attitude better than Lawrences' who doesn't seem to think Lachy needs to accept responsibility for his actions.

I guess we all have different opinions! I think this is the producers way of telling us Chrissie has redeemed herself for her complete ignorance (defending son or not!) throughout this. If Alicia can forgive her for her campaign against her, we should! All very predictable as I said! I amn't saying Alicia should or would be rubbing it in Chrissies nose, far from it and we all know the character of Alicia has lots of empathy.

I found it too soon for them to be besties again

I know in the end Alicia as she is nice will forgive, it just is too soon imo after all Chrissie did basically call Alicia loudly a pedo who was grooming her son in the main street of the village

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Pearl ringing the police on herself , priceless :D

Loved Jimmy tonight , great to see him stand up to Nicola and say exactly how he was feeling, really good scene.

Alicia and Chrissie , very powerful without too much dialogue , really nicely done, imo .

I too thought it was a bit soon for that scene between Alicia and Chrissy although it was well done.

I thought the airport scenes were a bit ridiculous. Jimmy is always portrayed as being gormless, but surely he could have had the courage to say something before they left home. Nicola can be a pain but Jimmy conveniently forgot his own behaviour and what she's had to deal with from him, small things like the entire amnesia fiasco, Kelly's return and his willingness to believe her over Nicola, his unknown children appearing at various times, not to mention the fact that she supported him when his only remaining brother died.

I know this is all leading to the actress taking leave so they have to be at odds with each other. But it was all a bit too "poor me" by Jimmy last night.

It was good to see scenes with him and Chas, you'd nearly forget they were practically family for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I won't lie, the bus scene brought more than a few tears to my eye...

Having said that, I had a few pints this afternoon, so that may have had an affect also...

Was the brooch that Pearl gave to Edna from Len Reynolds (Pearl's husband/partner who was in love with Edna)

• Advertisement

I'll give you stiff discount lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement