Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

I didn't till now HOLY CRAP I'M PSYCHIC ;)

It was in previews/spoilers for last few weeks and you are the queen of spoilers! I assumed you read that??

Good man Aaron. You wouldn't see this in the Simpson's.
    Manages to get caught under a tree root, frees himself and rolls down hill head first and hits a rock
    :rolleyes:

Wasn't there a Welsh man who rolled down a hill and had a head injury and woke up gay!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2130900/Chris-Birch-Rugby-player-woke-gay-stroke-says-hes-happiest-hes-been.html

He was classified by all his family/friends as a pathological liar but perhaps Aaron will be in the hotel with Chrissie in a few weeks time! Now that would be a good story!

It was in previews/spoilers for last few weeks and you are the queen of spoilers! I assumed you read that??

I do read spoilers but honestly didn't know till about that lol what a coincidence

Wasn't there a Welsh man who rolled down a hill and had a head injury and woke up gay!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2130900/Chris-Birch-Rugby-player-woke-gay-stroke-says-hes-happiest-hes-been.html

He was classified by all his family/friends as a pathological liar but perhaps Aaron will be in the hotel with Chrissie in a few weeks time! Now that would be a good story!

that daily mail story you don't have a stroke and wake up gay he just attention seeking

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I cant understand how in soaps people cant keep secrets or a different side of them hidden for years, take Laurel and her drinking, it like came out of nowhere and things progress so quickly or like people cant be in relationships for 5 minutes without out the whole place knowing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

fin12 wrote: »
    I cant understand how in soaps people cant keep secrets or a different side of them hidden for years, take Laurel and her drinking, it like came out of nowhere and things progress so quickly or like people cant be in relationships for 5 minutes without out the whole place knowing.

I can understand it.

It just wouldn't make as much drama for the viewer.

I can understand it.

It just wouldn't make as much drama for the viewer.

ya but nobody ever has relationships with people who are from a different city or town, they all just go out with each other and everybody always seems to be able to get a job so easily as-well in these soap towns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

ya but nobody ever has relationships with people who are from a different city or town, they all just go out with each other and everybody always seems to be able to get a job so easily as-well in these soap towns.
    Maybe watch a reality show as opposed to a soap drama if you're looking for realistic approaches

that daily mail story you don't have a stroke and wake up gay he just attention seeking

Of course you don't! The guy was quite clearly in denial for years and used this as an excuse to come out, why I don't know. Look at the video. He is deluded.

Maybe watch a reality show as opposed to a soap drama if you're looking for realistic approaches

Reality shows are less realistic depiction of normal day to day living than soaps most of time to be fair!!

• Advertisement

It'd cost more to run it by bringing in more actors from out of town, I'd say, and if they didn't get jobs so close to home there'd be less characters on screen :P

Bob: 'we're all one big happy family' or something to that effect...

Wasn't that April sitting there with Carly?

But what about Heath and Cathy - do they exist anymore or are they upstairs playing tapes?

Very apt that the 'keywords to describe their characters' are 'quiet and easy going'

So Chas, the serial adulterer who had an affair with her nieces husband while said niece was fighting to keep her daughter alive and caused the death of her sister by continuing the affair is lecturing about honesty to Robert......................................... Righteo....

It'd cost more to run it by bringing in more actors from out of town, I'd say, and if they didn't get jobs so close to home there'd be less characters on screen :P

no but its the way theyre like oh i need a job and then the next day they have one in the town, thats why I'd love to live in one of those soap towns cause you will always get sorted with a job

David speaking some home truths. Alicia and the woman who branded her a paedophile in front of her child being best friends is pretty silly

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Loved the scenes with Carly and Bob , another very good actor imo.
    Should be interesting tomorrow night , see what Chas decides to do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,778 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So Chas, the serial adulterer who had an affair with her nieces husband while said niece was fighting to keep her daughter alive and caused the death of her sister by continuing the affair is lecturing about honesty to Robert......................................... Righteo....
    Chas is a Dingle, so what do you expect :p

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Chas is a Dingle, so what do you expect :p

Wish Cameron had succeeded in finishing Chas off. She is an awful character who adds nothing to the show, she was supposed to be the looker in the village well the likes of Alicia, Leyla and Vanessa are miles ahead in those stakes these days. She judges everyone but is a serial cheat who doesn't care who she hurts along the way. She's an interfering mother who can't let her son live his own life. And don't get me started on that awful whiny voice of hers....

Just in case it's not clear I don't like Chas's character ;-)

Is it just me or does Carly (Gemma Atkinson) have a very deep boggery, even masculine voice. I could swear it was a guy speaking when I look away from the screen! I can see them turning her into a Charity Mk II also. She even looks like her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Lachlan is just vile.

• Advertisement

ShazGV wrote: »
    Lachlan is just vile.

Like his whole family, mother, stepfather and grandfather. No redeemable qualities in any of them.

I am shocked at Lawrence tonight , & as for Lachlan omg what a prick

Totally missed the second half, did Robert get through to whoever to change his mind about Chas??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Totally missed the second half, did Robert get through to whoever to change his mind about Chas??

Yes, Robert literally swooped in at the last minute to stop the Aaron-lookalike-hitman from killing Chas as the hitman had set Chas' car alarm off and when she ran out to stop it, he was seconds away from doing something, but Robert swooped in from behind (no pun intended) and told him the job was called off. (Chas didn't see any of this as hitman and Robert were behind a wall).
    He handed him the money anyway and told him to do one.

Mam of 4 wrote: »

ya cause chas told him she wasnt going to tell chrissy for Aarons sake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

ShazGV wrote: »
    Lachlan is just vile.

it is very realistic though. He is so warped but clever enough to know he had to say all the right things at the Court hearing. You really do feel for David , Alicia and Jacob. They still have to live in the same village as Lachlan knowing that he believes he did nothing wrong.

David was right to be worried as to who his next victim might be.

The Chas/hitman thing was pathetic. Robert tells him on the phone "make it look like an accident, nothing suspicious". So Hitman goes into the pub, buys a drink, "accidentally" goes behind the bar in search of the loo, tries to chat up Chas, so far so not suspicious.

Later he seems to be planning exactly what, when she comes out to the yard? Hit her over the head with something ? Bore her to death with his chat up lines? So that way, it will look like an genuine accident and nobody will ask any questions or remember anyone different being in the bar that night?

Yeah , a real genius at work. Pity Cameron is gone, he'd have been so much better. And probably cheaper too. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

What happened with Lachlan yesterday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

He went to court, pleaded guilty, got a light sentence and then tore into Alicia and told her it was her fault she was a pervert and she lead him on, no remorse and didnt realise what he did was wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

He went to court, pleaded guilty, got a light sentence and then tore into Alicia and told her it was her fault she was a pervert and she lead him on, no remorse and didnt realise what he did was wrong

:mad:

• Advertisement

Does anyone else think that it's possible that James could have a fling with Emma??
    Just wondering as it seems that James is convinced there is something going on between Chas and Paddy, that's my take on it :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement