Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Tracey should have taken the money, she still cleaned the house and Vanessa should get a DNA Test on the baby in the womb.

Why did Ness tell Adam should could of just said nothing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Why did Ness tell Adam should could of just said nothing ?

If she decides to keep it and adam does the maths he might realise it could be his. Adam is a bit thick tho so she might have gotten away with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

That is very true. Adam would hardly draw attention to himself given that he is back with Victoria now.

Even as one of their vets, Vanessa hasn't noticed that the last thing you ever do is tell any of the Bartons what do or how to react to something. Cos they are guaranteed to do the opposite.

Laurel heading for a fall. How cringeworthy was Marlon taking the glass from her in the pub ?

Emmerdale going to kill off 4 characters this summer in a big storyline funnily enough Corrie doing the same in its fire storyline
    Bernice is rumored to be a victim I hope not she is funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,778 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Given how Adam discovered James was his real dad, I hope he tells Victoria the truth and fights for his child if he is the father

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Emmerdale going to kill off 4 characters this summer in a big storyline funnily enough Corrie doing the same in its fire storyline

I like her, I didn't think I would at the start but she is funny.

In my opinion, Emmerdale is doing better than Corrie these days, better storylines, more likeable characters.

The Whites, Bartons (not Finn and Ross) and Sharmas wouldn't be missed

Ali and Ruby leave next week to go live near Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Did I miss Betty leaving ?? Just when Edna and Pearl were talking about her being on the other side of the world I wondered did I miss it ??

Thought last nights episode was a bit blah to be honest, apart from Jimmy, always like him :)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Did I miss Betty leaving ?? Just when Edna and Pearl were talking about her being on the other side of the world I wondered did I miss it ??

Thought last nights episode was a bit blah to be honest, apart from Jimmy, always like him :)

She will back for one episode before she retires leaves in a limo apparently she struck it rich & his going to live at sea

please Betty let us see you have a gossip one last time before you go :)

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The Whites, Bartons (not Finn and Ross) and Sharmas wouldn't be missed

Ali and Ruby leave next week to go live near Sean

Who are the Whites? I can't think of anyone called something White.

I'll be delighted to see Ali and Ruby go, Ali has an awful whingy face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

The Whites are Lawrence, Chrissie & Lachlan. And I agree JP Liz, I wouldn't miss them. :p

ShazGV wrote: »
    The Whites are Lawrence, Chrissie & Lachlan. And I agree JP Liz, I wouldn't miss them. :p

Honestly, even when I say Lawrence White, Chrissie White and Lachlan White, it doesn't sound at all familiar! Not paying enough attention :pac:

I can't believe Jimmy treating Laurel like that, his wife's best mate?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Poor Laurel she really needs some help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

The actress, charolette, that plays Laurel is very very underrated

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Aww the little girl playing April is fantastic and adorable.

piperh wrote: »
    Aww the little girl playing April is fantastic and adorable.

So clever too calling for an ambulance

I was hoping she would run out for Ross :p

So was I the only 1 without sound tonight on UTV Ireland all my other channel worked though I'll catch up tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

This is probably one of the best alcoholism storylines I've seen in a soap - that I can remember anyway. I just think it was built up really well and didn't just happen suddenly like some of the addiction storylines do.

Charlotte Bellamy is doing a brilliant job as Laurel and of course Amelia Flanagan is definitely the most talented child actor in any of the soaps as April.

The actress, charolette, that plays Laurel is very very underrated

She was great during the storyline of the cot death of the swapped baby her and Ashley had, she just needs good storylines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Yes, she can only work with the stories that she gets. Lumbering her with Marlon didn't do her any favours over the past few years.

I hope they continue the realism in the aftermath of this episode and that she's not suddenly "cured". Felt very sorry for Doug which I don't normally.

No doubt St. Aaron will broadcast Adam's secret at some inopportune time over the next few months.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    She was great during the storyline of the cot death of the swapped baby her and Ashley had, she just needs good storylines

Much and all as I don't like Laurel at the minute, those scenes last night were really well acted, and April also. Really preferred Laurel when she was with Ashley , they suited each other as a couple.

Think it will be a long nine months with Vanessa's pregnancy, it surely won't be as cut and dried with Adam as she thinks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Please please please let Kerry punch Ali's miserable nasty mouth in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Doug was very good tonight. Told a few home truths to Marlon. Nobody starts drinking like that for no reason.

fin12 wrote: »
    Doug was very good tonight. Told a few home truths to Marlon. Nobody starts drinking like that for no reason.

Didn't see tonights episode, will catch it tomorrow, but good for Doug, quite like his character :)

fin12 wrote: »

I thought Laurel was drinking a fair bit before Donna and April's arrival too but of course Donna's death and April living with her and Marlon made her drink even more

How annoying is Ali blaming poor Dan and demanding money from Kerry :mad: was so hoping Kerry would lamp her one

Didn't see tonights episode, will catch it tomorrow, but good for Doug, quite like his character :)

Ah yeah, the same Doug getting Alcohol delivered to his daughters house when she has just developed a serious alcohol problem after almost forcing her to having drinks with him for weeks during the daytime with kids around the house!

I do like the character though and the actor but I think he needs to take a little bit more responsibility himself.

Hopefully this may end the Laurel / Marlon relationship soon enough. They are a terrible couple with zero chemistry really.

Apparently
    she kills Daisy the dog next week and gets caught burrying her

Ah yeah, the same Doug getting Alcohol delivered to his daughters house when she has just developed a serious alcohol problem after almost forcing her to having drinks with him for weeks during the daytime with kids around the house!

I do like the character though and the actor but I think he needs to take a little bit more responsibility himself.

Hopefully this may end the Laurel / Marlon relationship soon enough. They are a terrible couple with zero chemistry really.

Apparently
    she kills Daisy the dog next week and gets caught burrying her

Ah poor Daisy

Laurel also
    hits Marlon

Apparently

Ok fair point but I didn't think he had gotten them delivered deliberately to their house? And I thought him giving her drink was before he realised she had a problem? But I've missed a few episodes so am totally open to correction :)

I think Doug will accept responsibility tbh, maybe I'm wrong.

Dislike Marlon and Laurel together but in fairness the quality of acting in their storyline is really high imo.

Looking forward to how it pans out.

• Advertisement

Ok fair point but I didn't think he had gotten them delivered deliberately to their house? And I thought him giving her drink was before he realised she had a problem? But I've missed a few episodes so am totally open to correction :)

I think Doug will accept responsibility tbh, maybe I'm wrong.

Dislike Marlon and Laurel together but in fairness the quality of acting in their storyline is really high imo.

Looking forward to how it pans out.

Ha, of course I amn't claiming he purposefully maliciously went out to do either of those things with the intent to cause her harm, I am just saying he was extremely negligent and has to take responsibility for that!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement