Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Had a feeling this would happen!

Nope, thought so too :) Dan and Kerry are great together, and Amelia is a right little character :)

Aaah , poor Cain :( Who would have thought Marlons situation would have hit him as hard as it did? Great to see him showing his vulnerable side and how alcholism affected his childhood to Marlon imo . Powerful scene to be honest. And when he said ;you don't want your kids turning out like me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Nope, thought so too :) Dan and Kerry are great together, and Amelia is a right little character :)

Aaah , poor Cain :( Who would have thought Marlons situation would have hit him as hard as it did? Great to see him showing his vulnerable side and how alcholism affected his childhood to Marlon imo . Powerful scene to be honest. And when he said ;you don't want your kids turning out like me :(

I agree, I thought it was super sweet of him to offer Marlon some comfort.

As a side, I'm dying to see an actual Dingle Family tree, I thought Zack was his Dad, and yet Shadrach raised him?! so confusing :pac:

I agree, I thought it was super sweet of him to offer Marlon some comfort.

As a side, I'm dying to see an actual Dingle Family tree, I thought Zack was his Dad, and yet Shadrach raised him?! so confusing :pac:

God, a Dingle family tree would be amazing :)
    I think Cain thought Shadrach was his father for a very long time before it came out that Zach was his biological father?

Am open to correction on that though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Zak had an affair with Shadrack's wife, Faith, back in the day... 9 months later Cain was born and raised by Shadrach and his missus. Cain was in his twenties when he first arrived in Emmerdale and it was only then that the truth came out about Zak actually being his father. I remember I had only started watching Emmerdale when all this was going on, but that was a good 15 years ago, so the Dingle family tree is even more confusing for viewers coming in after that.

This might help a little... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dingle_family

I've always found wiki pages to be quite helpful for learning a character's history...

So I was somewhat correct in my recollections ! The auld brain isn't as bad as I thought :) Would never have thought of looking up wikipedia, thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Dingle.png

That took me ages by the way, had to call Sam up for help........................... chose the wrong person for help I think though,.........

How was Genny Brendas daughter? Am confused now.

How was Genny Brendas daughter? Am confused now.

Shadrach and "Wendy" had sexual relations.................

Just kidding, she was Brenda's adopted daughter.

Thanks, had forgotten that :)

• Advertisement

Shadrach and "Wendy" had sexual relations.................

Just kidding, she was Brenda's adopted daughter.

Well if Gennys name was Genisis, wasn't she Shadrachs daughter also?

Well if Gennys name was Genisis, wasn't she Shadrachs daughter also?

yes she was. Brenda adopted her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

God, a Dingle family tree would be amazing :)
    I think Cain thought Shadrach was his father for a very long time before it came out that Zach was his biological father?

Am open to correction on that though :)

The only reason I remembered this was that when Adam discovered the truth about who his dad was, Cain went to talk to him, and said that the same thing happened to him. Adam said something along the lines that it had been good news, in Cain's case. :D

I thought that was a very powerful scene with Cain and Marlon. Cain describing his childhood, and when Cain said to Marlon about not wanting the children to turn out like him, and Marlon said nothing in reply, that was really poignant.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,778 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

As if we couldn't love Cain anymore :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Too many smiley faces being used in this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

:):):D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Spoilsport!! :(:(;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Spoilsport!! :(:(;)

It's pretty nauseating to be honest.

Never enough smiley faces !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

It's pretty nauseating to be honest.

smiley faces are cute and fun. :rolleyes::):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,723 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

laurel - what a bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 86,778 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I feel sorry for Marlon, was Daisy belonged to Trisha?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Oh I blubbed a good bit there! :( Poor dog! Poor Marlon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭Alice1

Oh I missed the second episode - please can someone give me a quick synopsis?

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

Alice1 wrote: »
    Oh I missed the second episode - please can someone give me a quick synopsis?

Laurel the absolute [bleep bleeeeeep] downed 2 bottles of wine and decided to drive and she killed Daisy the dawg. And she was trying to bury the poor thing in some ditch, and when marlon and Cain were on their way home they saw the car, and stopped, caught Laurel the [bleep] trying to cover her up, Marlon broke down (naturally) and then something something with David and Alicia, and then Marlon brought Daisy home in total bits and my heart broke for him, and she was all "No I'll really change this time, maybe this is a good thing." And naturally Marlon lost his sh!t and kicked her the eff out. Basically.

Poor Marlon he can really cry I was totally believed it was real for a moment

Laurel has unleashed her inner Cruella De Ville... Tomorrow she'll be wanting to turn Daisy into a fur coat...

Marlon is actually at his best when the world comes tumbling down around him. He does the tragic scenes so well.

Laurel has unleashed her inner Cruella De Ville... Tomorrow she'll be wanting to turn Daisy into a fur coat...

She is 100 or perhaps 101 more short of that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Marlon is actually at his best when the world comes tumbling down around him. He does the tragic scenes so well.

I had the exact same thought.

The scenes with Cain, Marlon and Laurel, over the last two nights were gripping.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement