Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

You know his name is Cain though, right? It's not like the Yorkshire accent version of Cian or something. Entirely different names...

Most sincere apologies for the most stupid spelling mistake in the history of spelling mistakes. May I forever lower my head in shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Most sincere apologies for the most stupid spelling mistake in the history of spelling mistakes. May I forever lower my head in shame.

I think the Cain Mutual Appreciation club has forgiven you :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Totally agree on all of the above, well done Emmerdale, it's the only soap I watch anymore.
    It's also the only soap I watch anymore. The only one that I find is consistently keeping me interested.

I thought Emma was completely miscast at first (her looking about the same age as her son!) but now I think she's fantastic- her sweet and innocent act is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Curlysue76 wrote: »

Must be slim pickings for these guys today when a mix up between an A and an I is an offence.....

remove-internet-police-department-virus.jpg

I think the Cain Mutual Appreciation club has forgiven you :D

As long as she doesn't do it again.....

Tom_King,_Cain_Dingle_and_Sadie_King_Kidnap_Plot.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

Posy wrote: »
    It's also the only soap I watch anymore. The only one that I find is consistently keeping me interested.

I thought Emma was completely miscast at first (her looking about the same age as her son!) but now I think she's fantastic- her sweet and innocent act is great.

Yeah, she has a butter wouldn't melt face but also a very good, I'm about to do something evil face :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

I have to say I didn't really like Emma at the start either, I still don't really like her because I don't like her manipulative ways, I think she's playing a blinder however and I enjoy watching James squirm, I REALLY don't like him.

Anymore on the "huge summer stories" and the
    possible demise of Chas?
    I haven't seen anymore but also not really been looking, I get all my goss from my boards friends :o

Was just thinking, Emma and Cameron , now that would have been one bad ass psychotic couple , just as well he's dead :D

I have to say I didn't really like Emma at the start either, I still don't really like her because I don't like her manipulative ways, I think she's playing a blinder however and I enjoy watching James squirm, I REALLY don't like him.

Anymore on the "huge summer stories" and the
    possible demise of Chas?
    I haven't seen anymore but also not really been looking, I get all my goss from my boards friends :o

I have a sneaking position, the character of unhinged psycho Emma isn't written to be liked!! But yeah, she is great on screen! She can say so much without speaking. Any actor/actress that can steal a scene without using dialogue with face expressions, eye movements etc always gets my seal of approval!

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

I have a sneaking position, the character of unhinged psycho Emma isn't written to be liked!! But yeah, she is great on screen! She can say so much without speaking. Any actor/actress that can steal a scene without using dialogue with face expressions, eye movements etc always gets my seal of approval!

I totally agree, I can imagine that she is meant to make me feel a bit queasy whenever she's trying to play the doting mother/wife part and the sneaky-sneaker-totally-not-all-there part, it's those kinds of characters I enjoy seeing get their comeuppance (see also: Declan; I got so sick of his storyline I all but threw a party when it finished up :pac: )

• Advertisement

Laurel is playing a blinder as the selfish obnoxious alcoholic. Have to say Emmerdale have covered this story well. They've turned a happy go lucky character into a vicious selfish person and they are really emphasing the danger of how easy it is for anyone to develop a drink problem

Laurel is playing a blinder as the selfish obnoxious alcoholic. Have to say Emmerdale have covered this story well. They've turned a happy go lucky character into a vicious selfish person and they are really emphasing the danger of how easy it is for anyone to develop a drink problem

474b8562a8618129bc364a755cdefc8dc16cf84565e40876c8d3736e2f018e01.jpg

Why doesn't Harriet hire Finn for her Detective Agency ?? He's right on point with his mother :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Why doesn't Harriet hire Finn for her Detective Agency ?? He's right on point with his mother :D

Probably because he hasn't got much by way of discretion!

Laurel is really well portrayed, great that they are not going for the quick miracle cure like lesser other soaps.

Alicia's in trouble now methinks.

Ha fair point about Finn, would be funny though !!

Agree about Laurel storyline, being really well handled and not over and sorted within a week , realistic so far.

Alicia, I was saying No, don't send :( but another storyline that's showing that someone doesn't get over a sexual assault in a month or two, think it will play out over the months ahead, really well handled also imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I'm a bit disappointed that Finn figured it all out tonight, I was hoping it'd stretch out for another few episodes. I feel like we haven't seen the real extremes Emma will go to yet.

I think Emma will make Finn get sick to get close to James

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Don't forget to vote for Emmerdale in the British Soap Awards... http://www.britishsoapawards.tv/

It never gets enough recognition at the awards, and it certainly deserves a few wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,778 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Emma will make Finn get sick to get close to James

Or push him to go to Portugal now to work for Paul

Thanks for that link, just did. And it certainly does deserve a few wins alright, definitely is the best soap, in my opinion anyway :)

• Advertisement

ShazGV wrote: »
    I'm a bit disappointed that Finn figured it all out tonight, I was hoping it'd stretch out for another few episodes. I feel like we haven't seen the real extremes Emma will go to yet.

Very weak reveal if you ask me. It would be different if he had been doubting her somewhat before on the mugging thing but it was highly possible she may have kept the photo out at some stage. Finding the wallet or someone actually witnessing the "mugging" would of been more realistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

ShazGV wrote: »

Yes, I didn't see it all, so I didn't know how Finn suddenly realised she was up to no good. I thought they would have spun it out longer, and that it would be more likely to be someone like Ross who would catch her out.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Yes, I didn't see it all, so I didn't know how Finn suddenly realised she was up to no good. I thought they would have spun it out longer, and that it would be more likely to be someone like Ross who would catch her out.

I don't think Ross would care about his dad and Chas

Anyways Emma is to
    blackmail Ross and Debbie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ah I keep missing it! Caught a few episodes last week when I was on holidays lol!! Wish they'd add UTV to UPC on demand. I know they have an app but it always seems to crap out on me! :(

As Marlon has the kids, he should kick Laurel out of his house

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I don't think Ross would care about his dad and Chas

Anyways Emma is to
    blackmail Ross and Debbie

Not so much that I thought he would care about them, but that he would see through her more quickly than Finn.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,723 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Not so much that I thought he would care about them, but that he would see through her more quickly than Finn.

Goods looks don't make a person brainy :D

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Goods looks don't make a person brainy :D

No, I thought because he is usually up to no good, he would cop on to her :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    As Marlon has the kids, he should kick Laurel out of his house

It is his house, isn't it? I was sure Laurel didn't own it and I was trying to figure out why she was in the house while Marlon was elsewhere.

Is it wrong that I wanted those lads to beat the shít out of Lachlan? And if I was Alicia I would've driven up alongside them, beeped the horn, got Lachlan's attention, waved and then kept driving?

• Advertisement

Anyone think Belle got it into Lachlans head the severity of what he did to Alicia ? I'd like to think she did but really don't know :(

Alicia going to Chrissie to say it was her that posted it on the internet,brave girl, Chrissie won't take this lightly me thinks !!

Emma, really feel sorry for -her boys- having her as a mother :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement